Old 09-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #29
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: The Niceness Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
-Messaged a friend-- she knows which one-- telling her to have a beautiful day
-Held the door open for a bunch of people
-As I was leaving the library I held open the door for a teacher who had no hands free
-Gave people who wanted to hug me a chance even if I didn't necessarily like them. Meh, free girl hugs lol

I probably did other things. But I don't think they are important enough. Even these ones are just small things that I do every day. I want to do something awesome in secret to make someone happy, but I'm having a hard time thinking of stuff. I'll try again tomorrow.
All of those things sound wonderful, and I'm sure you made a difference in a lot of people's days today. Very courageous of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
Things I didn't do but thought about it and didn't get a chance:

-Made a note in Civics to stuff in a History book. The person in history would see the note and it would say something to make them remember to smile. I couldn't think of anything without it coming off as fake or cheesy and ran out of time
I really like this idea, but I'm running into the same problem: unless you reallly know the recipient well, you might end up writing something generic/fake. Still thinking about a good way to implant this one. Maybe we need to work on a how-to manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
I got a 21/20 on my Astronomy quiz today, teacher allowed me to give the point to the girl sitting to my left who got an 18/20, now 19/20. She seemed pretty happy and thanked me for it. Made me feel pretty good. I've got something planned for later, but it takes timing.

-o24

Creative and awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothaice View Post
As I am going through somewhat of an existential crisis myself, I find myself compelled to join your cause. Please add me to your list.
Sure thing! Just added you and Arntonach (sorry I missed you earlier!)

And to all of those brave folk holding doors open for other people: I salute you.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote