Old 09-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #47
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude
Default Re: iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Siri is pretty much the ultimate gimmick due to how useless it is for actual use.
If you're expecting to use it as how the commercials depict, then yes, it is pretty useless. Using it every now and then for things like looking up facts, weather, and setting alarms is actually pretty useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Also apple is the king of misleading aesthetics that make their products appear to be of a much higher class than other current technologies. They like to market their products as being "magical" while trying to hide all of the inner workings in a pretty little box. I'm kind of surprised they even release the tech specifications of their devices.
I find the iPhone to be more aesthetically pleasing to hold than most android phones due to it's glass casing, rather than the plastics Samsung uses. Not necessarily more practical since if ****ing shatters if you drop it, but it's minimal design appeals to mostly everyone.

The "magical" thing is just marketing. If you remember the commercial, they did their job. You make it sound like you think Apple is tricking it's customers into actually thinking it's magical.

I dislike Apple and hated to see them succeed here in US court over Samsung, and I disliked Steve Jobs as a person, but I have to admit that the iPhone is a solid phone. Android fanboys are starting to sound worse than iSheep. God.
sticklydude is offline   Reply With Quote