View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1883
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
too much rage itt. that's a fairly ad hominem post so I'm just gonna say I disagree with you and leave it at that. (i could get a fairly clean FC of vs boss battle I just havent got around to it. that file is abysmal. there is nothing I regret about my Pants score) I will say though that I don't care nearly as much as you do. If the guys in charge are taking a poll here count me down as 1 for combo scoring, but if FFR makes the change to raw scoring I'm not going to quit playing. Whatever happens, happens.

Any chance we could get a lag calibration feature? Offset isn't what I'm talking about, wondering if I'll ever be able to play FFR on my HD monitor that has about 20 ms delay
I wasn't really attacking you as a person, I was really getting at your usage of boos and combo scoring as a skill handicap. Either way, obviously neither of us are changing positions.

You are right, I do care about this a lot. I find combo scoring really defeats the purpose of trying to play accurately and skillfully (in the sense of hitting the arrows when you should be). I have always felt it was a serious flaw with the engine, and I hope it gets changed in the future.

On another note...
Are you sure it isn't just flat out game lag? I've never heard of the engine running fine but having a delay like that, but if it occurs then something should be done about it.