View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #1880
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
Still doesn't change my mind. Also because I've mashed the FGOs I'm bad at enough to get good ranks on all of them, I'd have to replay all of them to get better raw score which would not be fun in the slightest. Those files hurt my hands.
Good ranks that, you have to admit you probably don't deserve, and have taken away from those who actually play the files properly. I was going to pull up several examples from your level stats, but it doesn't seem like you actually were able to full combo a lot of the harder Guru or higher difficulty songs. I guess top 200 on VS boss battle with a 156.75.0.115 is still pretty stupid, and top 300 on Pants with a 311.206.0.643 is even more hilarious. Do you really feel these scores should be ranked so highly on a leader board for most accurate arrow smashing? Even when they overshadow much more accurate scores like 10.0.2.1's or 18.2.1.4's?

You not being an amazing player has no bearing on why combo scoring should be kept, such a notion is pretty selfish to even mention in the first place. If you aren't good enough to do well on these files, you should get better until you are able to do so. You shouldn't be rewarded for doing terrible on files, and you certainly shouldn't hinder others who can do well with these sorts of scores.

PS:

Do you honestly believe that if you were to mash an FC on this file, that this run should be significantly WORSE than yours? Do you believe that others who play accurately but miss should abandon accuracy and mash away to "improve their skill" on files? I genuinely hope not.