Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1858
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire states the ugly truth
I don't understand why FFR still uses combo scoring instead of raw scoring for it's results, considering how terrible combo scoring is in terms of representing a player's skill.
OMG. He said it. ∑(O_O;)

IMO, I feel like level ranks and scoring are notions only experimented players are able to grasp and that it may not be attracting to beginners. Though it has some really nice advantages and I believe it is a great motivation for improving at the game.

Now I feel like we should split the official FFR engine in two, where one section would have the official songs that would count towards the rankings, and the other one could regroup songs that are in the game for practice purposes or fun factor that would not influence anything. This way, we could have V2's of the blue note files in one section and V1's could be unlocked in the other one.

Hell, the practice section could even include warmup songs, joke songs like Vrofl or *Whimper Wall*, tournament songs and even stepfiles that are currently in the submission queue. There's more to think of but as of now, this would solve many current issues.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote