Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 AM   #1855
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Being able to delete more than one replay at once would be awesome. When I approach 150 I tend to delete songs of a certain difficulty level or lower from my replays, so this would be great for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprox445 View Post
EDIT 2: Please don't remove 90+ form average ranks... It may be unsatisfying to have such horrible scores on it but when you actually get better at FFR and can actually play the files, you have a somewhat sense of Accomplishment from it.
You should feel accomplished regardless of whether or not they are in your level ranks (hence why people play StepMania or alternative engines I would imagine). I honestly feel though that the issue is more with the way FFR scores files than with the files themselves. I don't understand why FFR still uses combo scoring instead of raw scoring for it's results, considering how terrible combo scoring is in terms of representing a player's skill. FFR already records raw scores onto leader-boards, so why can't it be used to determine average ranks? It isn't like anything would even have to change, grand total could still go to your GTS, and RAW scoring could go to your average rank (considering average rank should be a skillful thing to achieve). Just my two cents on the matter.

On a completely different note:
I think there should be an option implemented that restricts the amount of rows the "Recent Photos" tab shows. The way it is set up currently, every single picture you ever uploaded to FFR shows up, which is rather unnecessary. I suggest a setting in the style editor, like this example:

This way the profiles look a lot more neat, and gives the "View All" button an actual purpose.