View Single Post
Old 09-8-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: My GTS Story (Need opinion/argument)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
I wouldn't combine the scores if I were admin. While you have done plenty for the community and we all appreciate it, the fact remains is that it was considered an alt before getting blacklisted on your main, and then switching to it as your new main during the time of blacklisting. I would consider myself lucky that the second account wasn't banned by admins during the time of blacklisting, considering ban evade is also permanent now (Yeah, it's permanent. God knows why they only increase ban time when someone does it). Being able to play on a second account while being permanently banned and not getting caught imo was a privilege in itself and while they did unban you after a considerable amount of time because the admin left and you were still playing, shares the same kind of conclusion as to this thread as well. Why didn't the admins ban your second account when they saw it? Instead, they unbanned your main so that you could use it again because the admin that originally blacklisted you had left.

Of course that is if everyone follows protocol and I've been in the wrong hand like this as well. You've been on the site longer than me and lecturing rules and protocol does nothing because you probably would know it better than me. If I were in this particular position, I would have done what you have did right now, but considering what should have been done (according to current rules, they were probably different back then), the time that has passed since, and me not being around to actually experience you doing it....

It leaves me at probably a 50/50.
You gained the scores legitimately but you gained them during a time where you should have been banned.
The scores I gained on Etylukah got wiped too taking this into account, I re-AAA'd everything on Hakulyte for the third time starting from zero once again (that's also why I kept racking up GTS..). The staff changed over the years, the interpretation of rules seems to have slightly changed over time. The forum rules got updated fairly recently. People knew that Hakulyte was Etylukah, it's not something I was trying to hide, the fact that nothing happened or was never really questionned is probably because no one really tried to care in the first place. I'm actually lucky to be still here, but I'm also confused about what's going on now.

"Why didn't the admins ban your second account when they saw it? Instead, they unbanned your main so that you could use it again because the admin that originally blacklisted you had left."

That's just prove that admins doesn't all think the same way and that's truly confusing when you get into my situation. Since it feels like a "gray zone" where nothing is clear I'd rather try to get information like making this thread to see what people thinks and hopefully someone in staff also see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I've heard of this being a conflicting issue within staff for quite some time now.

In any case, I do feel like the totals should be combined simply because you were given a reprieve from the same staff member that blacklisted you. With that being said: why are other staff members trying to control a situation that was already resolved?

Combine the scores, stop wasting time on a trivial issue, move on to something more important. Everyone already knows that Hakulyte is the player with the most points on the site, and I don't see why this would be a problem.
Well, doing what you said would solve everything instantly, but it would also open requests along the lines of "Hakulyte got his GT combined, can you combine my GT too?" Of course they would need a complicated legitimate reason and not just "I made an alt because I wanted to play index on another account". It seems like I've been just piling up misunderstandings over misunderstandings to the point that I don't even know what to think myself. Of course I'd be happy to move on too since there is things that are way more important than this to deal with on the site, but I'm not the one taking decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Considering that Haku did this, the main account should have been unbanned at the time of apology and there would have been no need to play on the second account. The scores from both accounts should be combined.
I had trouble to explain myself in an intelligent way at the time because I was too busy hating myself for being an idiot in the first place. By the time I made some sense over what I did, Tasselfoot already had left FFR. It sucks because because I was like a rival with him on FFR and we had fun on Kongregate and I even seen him recently on Thirdstyle. Sadly he also left Thirdstyle and I didn't had the chance to chat much with him about this. I don't really think he cares anymore, he just did what was right on the moment and I just failed to react properly.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-8-2012 at 11:40 AM..