View Single Post
Old 09-7-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FREEDOM DiVE - [88 or 87]

Yet another one of those Jamais Vu-esque do-or-don't types of files. I originally had this as 87 but bumped it up after talking to a few people.

NPS looks like something that should definitely be at least 88, if not 89 or higher, but the entire file is predominantly 222bpm dense jumpstream with the occasional bar of polyrhythms (I think that polyrhythmic part occurs four times throughout the file). At 222bpm, there are very, very, very few three-frame 16th gaps in the jumpstream, and having 99% of the jumpstream set as even two-frame intervals makes things much easier than it could've been considering how FFR sets up its frames. Another thing to note is that the patterns in FD are much more friendly than the horrible anchored one-handed bs that appears in Jamais Vu. There should rightfully be at least a five point gap between those two files (take into consideration that Jamais Vu should be 91/92 atm, not 93). The ending 32nd roll, although ending on a [14] jump that forces a minijack if jumptrilling, contains only one-frame intervals between subsequent 32nds, making it very easy to jumptrill as you'll always have two frames to accurately place your synthesized jump. The exact same pattern is featured in Tenimuhou, although that wall appears near the beginning of the file rather than being its climactic finish, and as a result, FD's wall will definitely strike more nerves for a player than the one appearing in the first 400 notes of Teni.

All in all, if you can read the file, it isn't anywhere near as difficult to PA as the other 88s. 87's the better fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-7-2012 at 03:31 PM..