Old 09-5-2012, 04:31 AM   #440
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
Are you stupid? So if I asked you "what weigh's more, a boulder or a leaf" you're gonna just tell me "oh well you see if you have 100 pounds of each they weigh the same." This isn't English class or science class so stop trying to sound politically correct because I guarantee 99% of people would understand what was meant.

Secondly I don't know how you can conclude that not losing weight has nothing to do with muscle. It's actually pretty dumb unless you know his personal habits. You agree with me that muscle is more dense than fat correct? Well if you took 2 equal volumes and filled one with fat and the other with muscle, the one with muscle would weigh more. Okay, now let's take that and say that "volume" is his own human body. If you add something more dense to a nearly fixed volume (his body), you increase the weight (or it remains nearly constant due to the loss of fat to nearly counter it.
Fantastic way to open a post. "Are you stupid?". I mean, really dude? Are YOU stupid? This might not be english class, but communicating your points effectively is something useful on a discussion forum. For example, what I said has nothing to do with being politically correct and your usage of the term is incorrect. I suppose I should follow this by pathetically insulting your intellect.

Making the statement about muscle makes no sense on numerous levels. Muscle takes significant time to build (most people don't build much more than 1 lb muscle per month) and requires in almost any condition to be in caloric surplus with a heavy weight training regime. Rubix has 1. Not been in the gym long with a limited program and 2. Has not been eating at caloric surplus. The claim that his weight might be recompositioning because of increased muscle mass is laughable at best and highly misleading.

Go back to lifting heavy things, dipshit. Or go back to school and learn to format some sort of coherent argument that doesn't involve calling me stupid twice in the same post.

Last edited by Reach; 09-5-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote