Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #240
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll
Default Re: Terry's Astronomy Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis236 View Post
It was actually pretty cool, my friend and I were doing some solar observing the other day and we saw that giant solar filament and pretty surprised at how large it was.

It was only once I came home later that day that I noticed that it was being reported in the media as being exceptionally large and was getting quite a bit of coverage.

Gotta say, I really like that black and white image of the filament and sunspot you've got there though. It's pretty cool to see the two on one image!
What did you use for solar observing? Must be quite neat to see the picture of the day for yourself

What's in the sky tonight?
August 23, 2012
-By about 9 or 10 p.m. (depending on how far east or west you live in your time zone), the Big Dipper sinks in the northwest to the same height that Cassiopeia rises in the northeast.

Astro Picture of the Day:
August 23, 2012
Source:
During the past week, nightfall on planet Earth has featured Mars, Saturn, and Spica in a lovely conjunction near the western horizon. Still forming the corners of a distinctive celestial triangle after sunset and recently joined by a crescent Moon, they are all about the same brightness but can exhibit different colors to the discerning eye. This ingenious star trail image was recorded as the trio set on August 12 with a telephoto lens from the shores of Lake Eppalock, in central Victoria, Australia. Focused on foreground eucalyptus trees, the image slightly blurs the trails to show more saturated colors. Can you guess which trail is which? Of course the reddest trail is Mars, with Saturn on the right a paler echo of the Red Planet's hue. Left is hot and luminous Spica, bluish alpha star of the constellation Virgo.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote