View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Malware Dev Answers Questions on Reddit

^ wow good call. yeah that's some bullshit really. pretty sure Microsoft doesn't tell its "legacy" customers (aka people who keep things until they stop working) that safely running XP while connected to the internet is basically impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcium Deposit View Post
That's a level of paranoia that doesn't belong to consumer-level computing

At the enterprise level, yes you have to be super cautious because odds are you're worth hacking into to someone. But if youre just some dinky nerd on a computer trying to chat people up on neopets you've got the protection of anonymity and not being worth a damn

Tl;dr Odds are pretty good as long as you're not retarded or running a public server you're not going to run into any attacks/malware

If you did get a virus or whatever it's always 100% your fault
lol neopets.

gotta say though, I disagree. obviously people are in it for the money. would you rather spend time working on a way to break through corporate network security, or just infect and steal credit card info from a ton of machines operated by incompetent home users? not saying the latter is always more lucrative, but I think it's foolish to assume no one has any interest in going that route.

anyway I have my own reasons for being interested in the topic. IT major, yada yada.

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 08-18-2012 at 02:43 PM..
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote