View Single Post
Old 08-6-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Fixing S.S.H. Song title Inconsistencies

The names used in FFR need to appeal the to players -- considering that this site only allows english (and almost everyone on here knows some english), it would make sense to use english titles rather than unreadable kanji. Kanji takes a ridiculous amount of time to learn and also requires special language packs to display properly on your computer screen; however, in the following paragraph, I explain why using special characters is a big no-no.

Something as simple as ~Absolute Zero~ for example, the tildes appear as boxes ingame. Changing song titles to kanji would make the song titles unreadable and utterly useless to the player. It would be just as bad as having no title at all.

If I'm searching for a song title, I want the song title, not a bunch of extra information. qqwref explained this pretty well, but his point is being distorted. The artist provides this information for anyone interested in the origin, not to make titles cumbersome.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote