View Single Post
Old 08-6-2012, 12:22 PM   #314
ryuyasha
Rhythm is Magic
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Silly/Sax's Summer Sensation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Not sure what you mean by window manager, but when I play FFR, I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, with Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55. Runs the best for me.

I have a Windows partition that I use for other things, too.
I thought it looked Linuxy. ^^

If you do not know what a window manager is then you are probably using the default one. Basically, a window manager handles your windows and defines what kind of borders and buttons they have around them (if any).

There are two main types of window managers. Floating window managers (which are probably the only type most people know about) allow windows to "float" and be dragged around the screen and overlap each other. Tiling window managers (my favorite) allow you to define partitions of your screen in which windows are put. The partitions can often be resized manually, but not by the windows themselves. The only tiling window manager I have used is called ratpoison and I like it a lot.
Click here to learn more: Ratpoison review
I love the first paragraph of the description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
No matter what tournament you play it's likely you're going to come across something you don't like or are very bad at. If you want to get into the competitive side of FFR you need to learn how to deal with and overcome these songs/charts.