View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #173
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Suspicious scores thread~

I find it necessary that I make some things clear here.

It's not like I really enjoy scorewiping or anything of that sort, but if I do notice something wrong, I also don't enjoy having it stay on the leaderboards either. I'm not randomly choosing people to blacklist -- everything I find is actual cheating that nobody noticed. I'm more interested in seeing how players approach certain sections of a file, and sometimes this means that I find cheating when I'm not expecting it (such as when I wanted to see how xThai approached a certain file, but then found out he had botted plays).

The purpose of this thread is not to be antagonistic towards others, even previous players that were caught doing whatever, but to mention anything that deserves some inspection. I really dislike how every time I say that someone is cheating, I am suddenly considered to be stalking and trying to shit on those specific people every time.

I am not actively looking out for BSers (directed toward all those comments about me doing this 24/7 and more antagonistic attitudes about how I spend too much time looking at replay data), nor do I get satisfaction from catching them. Ever since the start of this new thread with the policy of keeping drama to a minimum, it should be clear that even I have no right to be an asshole towards others -- however, catching someone cheating is not being an asshole. You people need to realize this. If I say someone cheated/botted/whatever, I am not saying they are a bad person or anything ridiculous like that, I am saying that they cheated.

Which brings me to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
It's all in the attitude, dude. You can't just come in here after botting multiple times, go get top 10 scores, and then whine that people don't trust you. Want some trust? Go earn it - and deserve it.
I used to be a hardcore BSer, but I admitted I was a dipshit and knew I couldn't continue on like that. I even confess I was wrong for doing that -- that is the difference. The problem is when instead of admitting to it and apologizing, you have people that are just being like "lol dossar taking ffr so srs" and then instead trying to attack me.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote