View Single Post
Old 07-8-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Final Fantasy [28 or 34]

I have the file listed in my on comp word document list as a 30, and Honolulu as a 30, both of which, for whatever reason are not that in the game, I may have mis written them in the translation. Regardless, this song is a hard one to rate IMO, because the file is really straightforward for the most part, but it has those 16ths littered in with jumps. But then I think of files like Honolulu, which also have weird stuff like 12th jump jacks and fast 24ths littered in which feel harder to me. And then songs like Gameboy Ravel with fast and awkward stream at the end that seems like it would be harder FC and AAA wise for most low level players.

I see why I had it as a 30, because I looked at it FC and AAA wise compared to Honolulu and Gameboy Ravel, and even songs like Ninja Turtles and AM-3P, and it's easier FC wise than all of those, and AAA wise easier than Ravel and Honolulu. Looking at patterns the jumps seem ugly but maybe I'm used to jumps so it didn't seem as bad to me. Honolulu's patterns seem far far uglier and the stream in Gameboy Ravel looks far more uncomfortable. Idk I'd say 30/31 max and Honolulu should be 31. It's a file that based purely on density and looking at things like jump gluts and patterns seems to it with 8's, but AAA, FC, passability, and pattern wise is easier than lots of 7's. I feel Improv Et Chien, Honolulu, and Gameboy Ravel are all harder on a AAA'ing, FC'ing, and pattern level, while Gameboy is harder on a pass level IMO (the fast and awkward stream could mess people up badly)
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 07-8-2012 at 08:56 PM..