View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #63
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: lets get to know the FFR community~

Kind of wanting to go more in-depth/change up a bit on my reviews. So here it goes.

First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?
- My name is Alexander Sides, 17 years old (turning 18 in February) and currently residing in North Carolina, U.S.A. Going into my senior year of high school, a bit of an honors student, classes that are being planned on taken are Honors Physics, Honors/AP Calculus, Honors English IV, AP Statistics, Geography, French I and II. About 95% of the time, you'll see me as a relaxed and chill person, I'm not all for ranting or arguing with people. If you come and meet up with me, you'd probably be able to tell that I'm very secluded and shy.

What does a typical day for you consist of?
- Wake up, eat, work out, computer, sleep. Rinse and repeat. I really need to get out of the house. :/

Video games aside, do you have any hobbies? play any instruments?
- Usually would be in the mood for drawing or writing a poem, or doing any strategy puzzles and such.

How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?
- I've been playing Stepmania for 5 years now and FFR for 4 years. Currently, I play 1 to 3 hours a day, mostly right now I'm stepping a song/finishing WIPs. I'm very close to taking a break at the moment.

Could you let everyone know what settings you use for FFR/stepmania? (engine, keys, speed mod, up/downscroll ect.)
- For Stepmania, speed mod is at C775 (might increase it soon) and keys are WE[] and WERP[] for solo. For FFR, everything from SM applies except for speed of course, which I use 2.1x. Other settings for FFR, I use the Stepmania noteskin and keep combo hidden.

Do you have any warmup routines, or have any silly/odd way of warming up before you play?
- I just play something rather easy for me that would get me warmed up, mainly streams or jump/handstreams.

What are some of your notable FFR/SM achievements you have accomplished that you are most proud of?
- I've achieved quite a lot of Stepmania achievements. Not to be a braggart, but according to Staiain's World Records page on his wiki I have 93 world records (should be a lot more but no one has updated the list in forever). For FFR, only getting to average rank 1 was the only achievement for me.

Do you have any personal FFR/SM goals you have set for yourself?
- Just getting more quads on Stepmania overall and trying to AAA certain files on FFR I should have gotten quite a while ago.