View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #62
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: lets get to know the FFR community~

Woop.

- First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?

My name is Wilson and I am 21 years old. I am residing near Albany, New York. I am currently an undergraduate student pursuing graduate study in math. I am commonly known for my disgusting admiration of math on this site.

- What does a typical day for you consist of?

My day usually consists of me playing games like FFR and Crossfire, studying math on my free time, hanging out with friends, and working at a Chinese restaurant as a cashier.

- Video games aside, do you have any hobbies? play any instruments?

I would considering singing an instrument and I do this out of my enjoyment. I also play violin for about 8 years and self taught piano, but as impressive as this sounds, I am actually still an amateur. Besides playing instruments, I enjoy playing sports especially racket sports like tennis, badminton, etc., solving Sudoku puzzles, and writing lyrics and poems.

- How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?

As of now, I have been playing FFR actively for three years, but I don't see myself playing this game very often nowadays. In a week back in the days when I was active, we're talking about 2-3 hours each day (~21-22 hours a week). Nowadays I spend 30 minutes to an hour per week.

- Could you let everyone know what settings you use for FFR/stepmania? (engine, keys, speed mod, up/downscroll ect.)

Legacy, as75, 1.9x, downscroll.

- Do you have any warmup routines, or have any silly/odd way of warming up before you play?

FFR has always been a game for me, so my warmups usually consist of playing easy songs for fun. After being more alert, I tackle the harder songs.

- What are some of your notable FFR/SM achievements you have accomplished that you are most proud of?

Notably, obtaining my first FGO AAA last summer (Ketsarku Mozgalom) was the moment when I started to realize that hard work really pays off. From this moment on, I've realized that it's not necessarily the individual scores that reflect my achievements, but rather the combination of all of my scores. Looking back at what I was able to do, it was enlightening to see how much I can improve from the very moment when I couldn't FC an 8.

- Do you have any personal FFR/SM goals you have set for yourself?

Honestly, I have achieved most of the goals I have planned. To say the least, I am very satisfied with the outcome of my hard work. I suppose the only goal I have left is to quit FFR now that I have other goals to focus on in life. (We have many stories where people who quit FFR would normally come back at some point)

iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote