View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #244
eastsideman09
poker face
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 Released

Incominggggggggg. Files with a * before them were ones that I particularly enjoyed, and will probably be replaying more often than the rest of the files. I enjoyed like 90% of this pack, I think it came out really good.

-24th century boy: played oni, felt a bit overdone in some areas simply for the sake of being overdone. Not bad overall.

-532nm: I enjoyed it. I like how you used the mines. Not bad.

-Abstract Art: Captured the tension of the song well, I thought. Good job :]

-Acchi de cockchi: Quit out. Not because of the steps, because they were good and went very well with the song, but the songgggggggg kjads;lfktriwerp. At the rate the file was going, im gonna assume the rest of it was fine

-Activiation synthesis theory: colorrrrrrrrrrrr, pretty cool file I guess

-Adventure of purinpoo: Wasn’t crazy about it personally, but not bad I suppose

-Avalon: yeah dude, my fingers quite enjoyed this file. Nice patterns, nice layering, and the mine speed up part made me lol idk why

-Battlefield: twas the jacks that killed me, not the mines. pretty straightforward rogstep file

*BattleJam: lolololove this file

-Bent Choral: Pretty good for the song itself. I know how it can be stepping ndad and this was pretty good.

-Bingo Highway: played heavy and enjoyed it, nice layering and patterns. Iirc I played oni in SMO and hardpain owchy failed out lol

*Bonamana: Nice little file. Short, sweet, enjoyable. also

-Breaking through the gate: Well layered, wasn’t crazy about the patterns, nice song (good sound track for this game though)

-Buki: thought I was gonna hate the song based on preview music, but it wasn’t that bad. Felt very DDR-y, and the ending drug onnnnnnnnnnnnn forever but not bad overall. I enjoyed the patterns

-Cadaver anatomy: fun file, but it didn’t capture the vibe of the song, I don’t think. However, I feel the only real way to do that would have be to make a file so bad that it would make me want to kill someone, so good job not doing that

-Centipede: I liked battlefield more.

-Charging swarm of Britney Spears: Ehhhh felt a little rigid in areas, but that’s the nature of ndad. Nice spelling too lol

*Checking you out: Very cool file! I really liked it :P

-Chronon: I remembered liking this more on SMO. Not bad overall, but I didn’t like some of the patterns, a handful of awkward jacks, mostly because of the quads

-Come on: I’m really proud of this file, even more so because I slaved over a hot SM 3.9 editor making those BPM changes. HOURSSSSSSS of holding the F keys, occasionally zoning out and having to back track to the right BPM. I’m glad to see that it’s being well received for the most part

-Couple Breaking: I’m going to say the same thing I said after I played this in SMO: Meh

-Divided by three: Pretty good file, I just don’t see myself replaying it

-Don’t mind me I’m in a minefield: I got a feel for most of the mine usage, it’s just a pain in that ass to play lol

*El Perdedor: Tengo la fiesta en mis pantalones

here forthwith begins alcohol consumption and god dam do i make a good drink

-Emotional skyscrapper: meh, it didn’t really do much for me

-Excalibur: I liked it thats p much it

*exe: wooo hooooooo still like this file. nice patterns n such

*extermination: soooo i had an idea of what this was fgoonna be like when i heard the preview music and i was right, i realllly liked this one. loovely patterns here

-Far eastside manbird: i didn't really like the freeze usage in the beginning, but thats about it, i liked the rest of the file

-foxy lady: what the god damn **** was that video. file was good but lkasdjf;ij

*Giga break: holy shit that was fun, esp the end there.

-Grave consequence: not bad, I liked it. felt a little cluttered in some places but not too much. overalll pretty good

-hanz up: pretty much spot on for the song gj

-Harvest dance: dude i like this file plus the guys name is dj kentaro which makes me think of this guy on da turntable

just imagine how sick his scratches would be chika chika wut *****

-hatsune miko nope: BAC is high enough to withstand that godforsaken genric jpop blabber voice and also high enough to inhibit myu ability to pass the file which means i guess you did good lol

-healing vision: idgaf that its healing vision personally. files good so ya

*house of plasuer: yup still like this file. gj with p much everything with it

-hunters chance: loved this song in ff9, files really fun, esp the ending with the drunms n shit. i just wish more underlying piano sounds were stepped in some parts, but that pretty muc it

-interruption: p much went with the file perfectly dude gj

-in/outro:/10

*jpeg jive: very enjoyable file, nice upbeat song, and the steps are p boss not gonna lie

-kimi no heart: file made my pits sweat, mission accomplished

-Lake bistro: song wasn't doing it for me, but that file was actually really good

*London: I just ejoy everything about this file good job /10

-magewind: i had a story going through my mind as the song was playing, twas filled with passion and romance. two starcrossed lovers meet in a new york cafe on a blind date set up by their homies. they hit it off nice and things are quite merry between the two. not long had passed before one could all but resist the others fiery passion. an entire night of gentle love making begins a journey neither will regret, a journey that will define their lives. obv the next step is marriage but that proves to be a difficult task as it is typically frowned upon to have 2 y-chromosomes at the altar. alas, not even the most condemning bible verse could stop chet and chad from being partners forever and ever. a big gay ceremony was held before a whimsical honeymoon in cancoon. Love, lust, lube, the whole shebang (well, hebang). Not long before the two decide they want to adopt and complete they're happy family just in time for hanukkah. asian culture had always piqued their interest, as shown in their adopted child (Ping-cho), and in their retirement plans to travel the wonderful land of the orient. the end (ps the file was good)

-meteetalice: files realllly fun like wow

-minus 3: didn't like it, like at all. not fond of the song, the patterns, or the layering

-miracle ****: nivce job with the steps for sure, but i just reallly am not fond with the song, so yeah

-monster: basically copy paste my story for magewind except instead of chet and chad its Cheng and Chang

-morgenglut: song was much more tolerable, and overall i liked the file more

*My unfortunate erection: absolutely fantastic /10

-mystery metropolis: felt pretty uninspired. bad freeze usage. no freezes where they would have been effective, and of the freeze you did use, like half of them felt weird like "hey why is this here"

-neurotoxin: very cool file, pretty cool song,nice job!

-Nightmare night: cool file and all, but for the love of god, was that REALLY a rap about my little pony?

*Passage D neus rmx: pretty much this

-Polar 240: pretty decent file, me gusta

-poseidon: not much to say, it was pretty good

-presenter: god damnit these videos lol. i got distracted by a chicken that apeared to be doing the moon walk

-Queen of rose: i enjoyed this more than what the preview music was suggesting that i would so i guess thats a good thing lol

-Ramua: i really liked this one. the patterns were reallyyyyy fun

-Rengtesu ouka: pretty hcill song and the steps went pretty well with it overall, nice

-RPg: meh, wasnt fond of the song, but i suppose you did nice with the steps anyway

-sayornaramatane: judging by hard, i prob would have enjoyed medium more personally, but this wasn't bad at all. song was meh for me though, so yeah

*seiken densetu: quite the pick me up, placed perfectly in the pack for my situation. boy did i need this, my buzz was beginning wearing off in the middle of the slew of japastuff (which was really when i needed it most). patterns worked nicely, and you did well with varying it enough when it got a little repetetive, but keeping enough constant to tie the patterns all together. gjjjjjj

-SoC: toooo long for me to enjoy it, but it seems like you put a lot of effort into it

-super soaker: file was pretty fun, but the song was kind stuuuuuupeddddddddd stuuuupedddddddddddddddd stuuuuuuupaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAd

-sweet drops: quit out. file was kinda bland and the song sounded like a potential theme song for an asian sitcom

-the island part 2 part 2: wouldda beeen better if it was cut. repetetive, also < rog's

-the sampling paradise: wasnt expecting gimmicks in the file lol. where there were gimmicks, they were really nice, i just wish there was more of them. patterns were nice, and overall good file, but the song was meh

-theory of eternity: nope nope nope nope nope and for god sakes those freezes ;lsakdjf

-thunderbolt: ya did what ya could with a lame song but i just was not feeling this at all

-todestreib: quit out at the js, im kinda tired of it. but you did what you could with the song, ill give you that

-tuff guy not tuff: more like ruff gay not ruff with those graphics. file was pretty fun, song was kinda weird.

-Valkyrie dimension: cool speed up and nice stops but more js hngggggggggggggg

-Vallista: decent file but boyyyy am i tired of doing these reviews

-Voice: its like i wanted to have fun with it but didnt, idk (prob getting burnt out)

-Vortex: already reviewed it and ya did pretty decent with this one iirc

-watashi wa: lkjasdflk ow. couple things i wouldda done different... would have layered in the bass/drums the second time the 32nds infected the screen, and would have varied the patterns up a little bit in some places. what really through me is that the 32nd trills were changed to something different only on the last set of them i was like wtf okay, but whatever. files too tough for me anyway rofl

*watch out: I like the song, and I find the file to be really fun. good job!

*Weapon: MOTHER ****ER IM SO MAD I WAS SOOOO ENJOYING THIS FILE IT WAS SOO GOOD AND SOO FLUENT AND JUST A;SDLKJFSA;LK AND WITH LIKE 1:30 LEFT I GET A GOD DAMN UP DATE POP UP AND ****ING FAILED OUT. Good shit though, for real. I'll have to replay later

-Show me what you got: lol jacks. song was meh, steps were alright

-Wheres bill: lol I kinda liked it

-whore: lmfao what was that song hahahaha

*Ryukotsuki: Fun file, cool song, I still enjoy it. Nice way for me to end my reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote