View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #508
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 (Submissions Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Ah right. Thanks for the refresher. Since these things haven't been written down in some form of guide, I always have to rediscover how to use negative bpms haha. Of which I have a few more questions, if you could answer them:

- What negative bpm does one use? e.g. difference between using -10.000 bpm and -100.00 bpm
- When you use consecutive negative bpms for visual tricks, you often need to use stops on each section of negative bpms. How does one determine the length of time for each stop? A trick in one part of a song may require different lengths of stops than another trick.
- I tested this already, and I think the answer is a no, but is there any way to be holding on a freeze note during consecutive negative bpms (without causing misses)?

If anyone else knows the answer to these questions, please say so!

I think once I experiment a bit, I'll write notes down and maybe eventually make a thread.
1) Generally you use the negative version of the original BPM (ie. if the part you want to make a warp is at 200bpm, you make a -200bpm warp, after a whole measure you put it back to 200bpm, and a measure after that is set, you place the notes. It's the easiest way really unless you want to get REALLY technical

2) Easy way is to use Stepmania's "convert area to BPM stop". There you'll know how long a stop is based on the length of the area covered on the chart converted into seconds for the stop. Where you put it on the gimmick will determine when the stop will happen (ie. if you put the stop at the negative bpm starting point, it'll do the stop first, then show the warp. If you put it right where it warps to, it'll show the warp first, then give the BPM stop)

3) Yes, make it a freeze note for the whole warp (as in, extend the note even through the warp). Unless you want the visual gimmicks to happen while you see the "end" of the hold note, then I dunno, but it IS possible. I've never played with this before though so I dunno
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote