View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #25
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere
Default Re: Double, Maybe Triple Credit Days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
+1 to this concept, but possibly disable it for veteran accounts.

This seems like a blow to the idea of getting extra perks for being a veteran, but when you've been around and played the game long enough to get vet status, the general idea is that you're skilled and persistent enough to get those credits fairly quickly. Allowing non-veteran accounts access to extra credits would be just another of the many ways FFR sinks its fangs into unsuspecting newbies~
-1 to your idea. If there's going to be bonuses they should apply to everyone. Also, you're assuming all the vet accounts have tons of credits or easily earn them -- a false assumption. I don't have all of the Secret genre, for example, nor am I close. This is despite my grand total score and total number of plays being far greater than those of most people who have tons more credits than me.

Also, credits are heavily skewed more towards difficulty rather than effort. Credit caps do not serve to fix this. One way to fix this would be to offer some base completion credits for easier stuff, tapering off as difficulty rises (less base completion credits the harder the chart, until no base completion at a certain point), and no credit caps on the high end.

Because what is easy and quick for one person to earn who regularly AAAs FMOs or higher is near impossible for others to attain in reasonable time (at least strictly through gameplay). So, yes, someone very well can put in tons of effort and not get a lot of credits or vica-versa.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote