Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #833
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX View Post
Short reviews of D2's files:
Rain of Blood: Holy shit, this file repeats the same bloody patterns that it gets extremely annoying after a while. Nothing against you hi19, you did what you could do with the song but in my opinion, this isn't quite the song to step that just has the same rhythm for 1:31 long
Just like Beast Within, this was originally for my tournament. So I made it a little harder than it probably should be.
The first half the song has some nice variation with the percussion layering. The patterns into the hands are kinda dumb but I did that because D1 in my tournament was AAAing everything so I wanted it a little hard... then I just went crazy and gave them Freefall instead of this file (in hindsight, also probably a mistake considering Freefall wound up being about as hard as the finals lol)
But yeah the second half of the file is pretty much a copy/paste job, the song doesn't have much variance there. Sorry, maybe not the best choice to step

I'm learning that "tournament files" need not be any different than a regular file I'd make. All my attempts to make a file harder than it should be for the sake of a tournament haven't been received well.