View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #755
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
The random grace notes in Before Cynthia are wrong, besides that it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be.
I can play the song on the piano and it the file definitely captures the feeling nicely. The jumpstream with minijumpjacks actually had a great flow to it, and the normal jumpstream wasn't too bad (there were a few anchors I would have broken up but nothing terrible)
I'm fine with the awkward hand transitions because the transitions between those chords are pretty awkward to play on the piano as well lol, it fits the music.

Sheets: http://www.mediafire.com/?gttmwpy9wik3pig
btw I would have called it "Approaching Cynthia" but as far as I know that piece doesn't have an official name so anything goes really
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
The name of the piece is "Champion Cynthia" (チャンピオン シロナ)
As pertaining to the name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6okxJ1CYJM

1. That's the place I got it from. I used the correct name, thank you. (If you read the description he says "Before Cynthia" so that is what I used.)

2. Unless you had the actual chart, there's no way you could tell me the grace notes are wrong because it takes slowing it down to .3 rate to realize that they're correct. The sheet music might say one thing but since it's a remix / remaster it can vary from the music on the sheet. If anything, I actually missed a few grace notes.

Sorry if this seems harsh or rude, but really I can say that they're there because of what I heard and charted and unless kayla and aj just were like "lol middie chart free pass" (I don't think they'd ever do that, in fact I think they'd check it even harder if anything) I'd have been forced to take them out. Which arguably I may / may not have done. They know how stubborn i am. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 View Post
Hey what difficulty is before cynthia supposed to be if it was transferred to FFR? Cause I think I can possibly make it my next 11 SDG if it would be an 11

Speaking of the chart, it's really really fun, good job on it. I like how awesome I feel when I'm hitting the hand jacks, makes me feel like I'm actually playing the song on the piano for a second or two. Also no crazy difficulty spike, hurray

Btw it's really similar to the solo chart for it on stepmania suprisingly O.o
Well one, lol if you're sdging that in d3a wtf. Two, thanks for the complement. (That one applies to everyone.) lol I thought the hands kinda spiked the difficulty but that may be just me.

Also as to it being similar to the solo chart, Kommi did a good job on it (back when I was playing solo and trying to get good I hated it, but after stepping it myself I realize how stupid that was.) His chart kinda gave me an idea of what I wanted to do with it, but I hope it deviates enough to not look like I copied it. I just wanted to try and make it more comfortable, while still keeping it hard as if you're actually playing it on a piano. I have no idea if I succeed or not in that aspect.

Also place holders:

PS: Hilarity is, I got ahold of a copy of the game it comes from (pearl diamond and platinum) today. And the chart was released... Today.