Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

January 1, 2012

Judge Team 1

bmah

{Evolution} Out Stage / rushyrulz
rating: 7/10 [+.]
- the file seems a lot better now since the last time I've played it
- your style of stepping focuses more on song emphasis as opposed to layering, but it worked fairly well for this song; I think it's detrimental in a few places though, such as ignoring the cymbals between 14.35-15.47s, and a few other small areas scattered later in the song (e.g. 31.38s)
- no sound at 33.61s; also, it would've been cool to step the quick burst after this part, just like you do at 42.96s
- 45.33s,etc.: should be a jump
- 47.28s,etc.: a lot more interesting if you stepped the quick piano here
- nice PR with the 32nds at the end
- Summary: File has an interesting variety of patterns to play (but you can make it more interesting with some of the parts you've omitted). Biggest issue is making sure the steps don't become too confusing due to your jump usage on accented sounds; a few areas were slightly muddled as a result.

{Hollow Man} / Trivalent
rating: 4/10 [+?]
- small but noticeable errors add up, so make sure to clean them up: e.g. unusual 12th note error at 24.95s? Not synced at 117.65s, etc. Many other little errors.
- 29.81-46.75s: the violin is introduced very faintly, so I think you should layer in the drum'n bass here to acknowledge the more dominant sounds
- 92.07s: as much as the song is climaxing, there's no 16ths here
- the hands going to "clank" sounds don't always seem to be justified, but it works for the most part
- 119.84-122.76s: this section cannot be generalized as straight 16th notes. Listen to the rhythm more carefully.
- the song is really long and repetitive, and many sections you've stepped in one section repeats in the exact manner at other places; this is probably my biggest gripe
- Summary: This is a nice attempt at stepping this song, but the song can surely benefit from a cut first. Pattern variety really will help as well. Also, there are just a number of small but noticeable errors, as well as incorrectly generalizing certain parts, that brings down the quality of this file. Keep practicing though.

=.The Ocean.= / ichliebekase & krunkykai22
rating: 8/10 [+]
- 8th note missing at 33.66s
- 32nd patterns are variable, but some players may have a gripe against certain patterns involving anchors/tight turns, such as at around 101.37s. At this BPM though, not a big deal.
- Summary: Wonderfully stepped. You did a good job in varying the patterns in this rather repetitive song (e.g. jacks instead of 32nds in the mid section). You've also increased variation by stepping both the percussion (e.g. beginning) and the main melodies at different times. Decent PR as well. See if you can change some of the 32nd patterns though.

.357 Magnum / MarioNintendo
- use hands with a bit more discretion. I think there are clear accents in this song to help define when they're more likely to be used. The piano may be playing chords with multiple notes in it (e.g. 13.65s), but I think in this case it's better to focus on cymbal crashes and other more obvious accents when you want to use hands. Also, in an odd case of reverse accenting, 26.42s is a loud cymbal crash with only a jump, but the more subtle piano chord following it is a hand.
- 68.11s: the violin's 16ths are very faint to listen to; 16ths seem ignorable
- 81.55s: handjack combobreaker! I suggest making these jumpjacks instead, so you deal with one less note per chord.
- Summary: The file flowed really nicely with great PR as well! You kept the continuity going with 8th note hi-hats as well. I think hands in this song are more effective for accenting purposes rather than acknowledging a piano chord plays three notes at once. Finally, I found the handjack in that one measure a tad harsh.

404 of July / megamon88
- 11.05s: the jump-infused 32nd section here may still be a bit tricky to hit, but is doable still
- it's good that you've slightly toned down the white-note blips in the middle of the song; patterns are quite hittable now
- 42.85s: the 24ths here don't flow quite as smoothly; perhaps change pattern?
- 47.80s: 24th turn may cause framer issue
- Summary: There's very little for me to point out, and it looks like you did much to make the file more playable, which I'm sure players will appreciate.

Banned Forever / kjwkjw
- you tend to put emphasis on accented sounds which dictates where you place some jump; this works well for many places, but like some others who follow this method, there are inconsistencies that are noticeable when you miss out on a few accents (e.g. 76.05s, 84.23s, 84.78s, 132.78s, etc.). Conversely, there are some oddly-placed jumps in areas without such accents (e.g. 12.09s, 12.91s).
- some of the drum'n bass 16ths are clearly missing, and I'm fairly sure it's something you've overlooked as opposed to deliberately underlayering (e.g. 14.62s, 18.98-19.59s)
- the melody beginning at 54.50s has 8ths in them; however, you seem to only acknowledge the melody through 4th note jumps. 8ths are present in places like 54.64s, 57.37s, etc.
- Summary: The file is very reasonable for a 220 bpm song! Players will enjoy it. But be sure to be consistent on adding your jumps to proper accents and significant melodies, as inconsistent usage will result in parts that appear scant and other parts as irrelevant.

Beethoven Virus v2 / takumi000
rating: 5/10 [+?]
- technically, there are nearly no arrows you've misplaced in regards to sound (except 55.48s), but now you should focus on evening out the difficulty of the whole file. The main problem is that a large part of the song is underlayered and empty compared to a few parts where 16th notes are prominent. Fill emptier sections in with drums and percussions. It will help maintain the file's overall energy and pace.
- pitch-relevancy is decent (except 44.00s is a repeating note)
- don't use a minijack 16th at 56.50s!
- 57.33s: why the slowdown?
- Summary: The biggest challenge in making a v2 is to make it significantly different from the original file. Often, a different difficulty will help make one file stand out from another. Your file though seems to be not much more difficult compared to the original version. It's also vastly underlayered. Put some more body into it, and help distinguish it from the original version.

Blackout / AlexDest
- since this is a piano song, PR and layering is more important than ever; you do seem to do a good job of it though. Few PR parts to take note: the piano changes its repetitive notes in places you maintained the same patterns, at 6.34s, 13.84s
- PR is important as I said, but there are a few places in which repeating arrows are the result of rigid PR; perhaps change things around at areas like 3.21s, 15.92s, 44.25s?
- a few missing jumps: 19.25s, 35.50s, 53.42s, 55.50s, 60.50s, 79.25s
- don't think hands are needed in this song at all; some of them are only going to accented sounds and not even multi-note chords
- omit 64th at 51.81s
- Summary: Good job at making the file feel like a piano song. However, the PR is a bit rigid in places that result in jacks. Also, missing a few jumps. That's about it though.

Blast Off / Coolboyrulez0
- there are a lot of inconsistencies and misrhythms throughout the whole file; most notably though are the patterns and densities of certain areas are concentrated in a few spots (e.g. 49.83s), while the rest of the song is vastly underlayered
- patterns such as 0.15-1.25s are backwards in regards to PR and are noticeable; also, melody doesn't suggest a repeating note at places like 9.37s
- if you listen closely to the gallops at places like 16.99s, they actually begin on an even beat such as an 8th or 4th; they don't begin on a 48th
- 33.95s: 32nds cut short
- 54.98s: they're not all the same notes
- 93.60s: 32nds are barely audible
- 99.18s: I'd expect a jackier section here, much like as in Bogey at Your Six
- 130s: the following section isn't entirely gallops
- 148.97s: strange and difficult-to-hit polyrhythm-jack combo
- Summary: There's a lot to work on here, from layering up empty areas to changing some awkward patterns. The song choice is catchy though.

Chipscape / Ziergdsx18
rating: -/10 [PASS]
- I've seen this file too many times, so I think someone else should give his or her opinion on it.

Chrono Trigger Jethro And Vash At The Fair / hi19hi19
rating: 6/10 [+.]
- jumps at the beginning (e.g. 3.84s) seem optional since you don't appear to consistently use that scheme afterwards
- the 32nd gallops seem too slow...faster gallops may be more appropriate (also no gallop at 49.48s)
- seem to be missing some obvious 16ths between 24.51-25.66s, etc.
- several sections seem a bit nebulous in your steps: no 16th at 28.67s, but missing notes at 30.25s, etc.; don't hear much of a 16th at 45.89s
- the flute doesn't seem to be entirely 16ths around 53.79-55.51s; sync it like an actual flute performance
- no repeating notes at 71.88s, etc.
- it'd be interesting if you added jumps to claps like 87.95s
- Summary: Nice easy song with a tune that I enjoy, but the file appears to be rushed in the making.

Cirno's Perfect Math Class / takumi000
- this would be a good mid-levelled file, since you didn't layer too much of this song; however, there are still sections that are regardless very empty in comparison, such as around 46.10s
- don't think the percussion needs to be a 16th jump at 7.27s (better to ignore 16th altogether actually)
- a number of places with minor errors such as 16th at 29.04s, no 16th at 51.67s, etc.
- 49.53-40.90s: some 8ths that go to nothing
- a lot of the 16th runs are strange runningmen or one-handed patterns (e.g. 67.53s)
- Summary: Add more activity to emptier sections and change up awkward 16th patterns. A file that novice to moderate-levelled players will enjoy.

CORETOON / _.Spitfire._
rating: 9/10 [+]
- hilarious song
- the 12th note hand/quad parade at 82.78-83.81s seems slightly overlayered but is still easily playable
- Summary: A fun AND funny file. Very clean too.

Crowdpleaser v2 / DossarLX ODI
- interesting use of bpms, although the usage of all-white arrows in two areas definitely will make some players cringe
- my biggest issue is that your 16th streams are too long and numerous. It helps to break it up and keep the player's interest going; otherwise long jumpstreams at a slow speed will make them yawn. A good example is the section beginning at 64.50s - break it up and step instruments other than the 16th percussions.
- took me a little while to figure out what the 16th jumps within the streams were going to; some of the accented drums seem a bit faint regardless (e.g. 26.87-27.50s)
- 53.99s: the jacky synth should've been stepped here to make it more interesting
- 134.50s: the transition into the hand here is a bit tight and strange
- Summary: Break up the 16ths to reduce the generic nature of this file. The file however is infinitely better than what we currently have on FFR.

CS Custom Gun sounds / Elite Ninja vs. Niala
- 36.07s: the quad here goes well, but you don't seem to follow through for subsequent loud bangs
- the 32nd section at the end is sorta lame, but it does make this short song more interesting; also, the beep sounds preceding the 32nds could be layered but acknowledged through repeating the same arrow (seems strange to suddenly stop layering and only step the beeps)
- you could use minijacks to spice up small amounts of 16ths scattered throughout the file
- Summary: Very clean file, but that's all there is to it. Perhaps use some jacks?

Cynthia / DarkZtar
- this is a nicely done hard file, if it wasn't for all of the jacks present; minijacks are fine with discretion, but three-arrow jacks and the [34] jumpjacks do not fit with the rest of the file's difficulty
- how manageable a minijack is also depends on the placement and context. Near the end of the song (starting at around 109.82s) where there's dense jumpstream, minijacks are added in the midst of these jumpstreams with no break in between; this is a bit much compared to more isolated usage of minijacks. Also consider the placement: since most people play spread, down and up jacks are easier to hit because they're most often played with the index fingers.
- song may seem a bit dense for many players, but the rest appears to be manageable
- Summary: Use jacks with much discretion at 187 bpm; at most, keep only isolated minijacks, and do away with the others. File would be a great FMO afterwards.

Daybreak / Silvuh
- climax theory is pretty evident in this song
- I know you deliberately are scant on layering, but some places still need a bit of consistency and cleaning up. Small things such as 16th at 25.23s, still a few jumps missing regarding the piano between 39.26-62.49s, etc.
- 86.87s: 32nds begin earlier here
- optional, but would've been really neat if you stepped the 16ths in rolls at 88.81s
- Summary: Still need to fix a bit on layering to clarify distinctions between overlapping melodies and instruments, but the climax theory is thoughtfully gradual throughout the whole file. The layering though isn't as crucial as the following song...

Death March / Silvuh
- PR and layering are important in piano songs. A piano song that doesn't feel like one just leaves a bad taste to the player's experience. PR is fine enough. The layering is decent, but there are some areas that are worth looking over.
- for instance, put jumps on all the accented left-hand piano notes at places like 50.43s
- 52.18-53.34s: layering missing here; doesn't distinguish itself from single piano notes at places like 53.96s
- 55.13s, etc.: single note here, not a jump; I know the pianist hit the note harder but it doesn't warrant another jump, especially since there is a legit jump prior to this - can't distinguish the two with current scheme
- 55.43-58.89s: preferable if the arrows were repeating like the piano, but I suppose alternating arrows could do
- 71.19-76.52s: incomplete layering, etc.; same with places like 91.72s
- Summary: Layering is more noticeable in piano songs, so partial layering stands out like a sore thumb. Just improve on the layering and it should be good to go.

Demon Beast Appearance / icontrolyourworld
- lots of minijacks, and feels like Holy Orders; jacks are very doable though, but I thought a few were questionable - check to make sure if they all exist
- a few arrows missing to drums at 36.11-37.44s
- 77.60-79.37s, etc.: I don't hear any of the arrows between these jumps
- make sure the guitar solo is on sync; may be a few spots that are not simply 16ths such as at 110.26-111.14s
- Summary: A very good file with a constant pace. Very fun to play.

Dracula / nois-or-e
- 2.48-10.48s, etc.: jacks don't seem to be very fitting here; you can have a 16th stream instead without jacks, or perhaps simply 8ths
- 11.86s, etc.: according to the music, you shouldn't need to end up with a jack (which is probably more awkward for the player as well)
- 26.48-32.86s: would've felt nice if you added some jumps to the drums
- 34.48s, etc.: single arrow for something more emphasized than the jumps prior to this? There are a few other places in the song that I also thought should've been emphasized.
- 50.36s: A small 32nd burst? And perhaps an accented jump as mentioned above.
- 66.48-79.98s: how about the 32nds like you've stepped earlier?
- 98.48-112.48s: again, layering the drums would add some climax theory and interest
- 129.73s: that lone 32nd minijack is sorta mean
- Summary: File was pretty fun, but I think it'll be more enjoyable if you remove those jacks, since they're not really integral to the song. Also, accented cymbals seem to be de-emphasized by single arrows instead of jumps. Layering a few places would also add interest to this file, since the song does repeat and run a bit long.

Enchanting Venus / Elite Ninja
- 22.09s, etc.: there are two parts in the beginning in which you temporarily stop stepping the 16ths to singularly step the 8th; think it'll be better if the 16ths maintain the continuity instead (and/or layer in the 8th)
- 34.64s: jump
- 40.37s, etc.: a few places seem to have random jacks that feel out of place
- 64.23s, etc.: the 16th melody adds a note in these sections, so look for these
- 71.48-79.30s: jump-jump-single note or vice versa? At the end of the song (116.13s) you seem to do the opposite (I personally prefer this). In any case, choose one scheme and be consistent.
- 75.67s: 8th note
- 89.34-91.57s, etc.: in each measure of this section, the drums really only play the second set of jacks; first set of jacks aren't needed
- Summary: Good controlled file for novice players. Just make sure to maintain consistency with jacks and percussion sounds.

Entry of the Gladiators, Op.68 / hi19hi19
- Clean file! An alternative scheme is to step the jumps to the cymbal crashes in the main theme of the song (like at 15.39s) instead of making jumps for nearly every 4th.
- Summary: Great file will a familiar tune that people will recognize.

Epilogue / Xx{Midnight}xX
- 15.25s: only a single note here
- 33.85s: no note here
- 38.05, 47.65s: jump
- 40.45s, etc.: the right or left-handedness of certain patterns seem rather unusual, even though I know you're acknowledging the bass note chords on the piano. Patterns don't need to be restricted that much.
- 43.00-45.10s: there seems to be a lot of ghost notes here. Eliminate any 4ths or 16ths that don't exist.
- 54.85s: the 16th runs near the end of the song shows great PR for the most part, but a few patterns seem suspect, especially the length of some trills and some 234323432 patterns
- 74.05-78.85s: no layering to left-hand piano?
- 87.25-88.30s: [12][34] patterns seem rather unvaried
- Summary: Despite what I've pointed above, the file still plays and flows excellently. Nice job.

Excessive Sex / wc
- 85.92s: the 32nd trills here are the only parts that I didn't like and felt a little out of place
- Summary: This file is incredibly fun (personally, the electro genre is a bonus too). Just take a look at that small section I've suggested.

Excite~OMG~ Bike / YOSHl
- much more playable than before, but I still wonder what all of the 8th notes in the second half go to...it appears to be more than just layering the melody and/or drums; the second half is obviously harder, but still feels rather nebulous
- the [24][13][24][13][24] jumps at the end of the second half is easy to split; try a different jump pattern
- Summary: Playable, but still can be improved for such a short song.

Face In the Gutter / AlexDest
- aesthetically, I think the file's bpm should be doubled
- 53.89-54.63s, 59.86-62.59s: can't hear the 32nds in these sections
- 82.12-82.74s, 86.10-86.72s: missing the 32nds here
- Summary: Excellent file! Plays very well.

Faint Breath / TC_Halogen
- the 16th percussions are very faint and can only be heard when closely observed. Unfortunately, these cause your file to be 80% 16th jumpstreams that to the casual ear appears to be overstepped and unsupported. IMO, using 16ths on drumrolls (e.g. 51.90s) is more legitimate.
- I do realize you're trying your best to create variety to a moderately difficult song, but it may be more beneficial if the song's difficulty dropped a bit, so you don't need to account for every 16th percussion sound.
- on the upside, the file is very playable and flows relatively well
- 106.86s: jump seem to be added without a melody
- Summary: The file's rather lackluster due to stepping 16ths to quiet percussions throughout the whole song. Making an easier file may remove the need to step from every source of sound possible.

Finale For The Fallen / pmonibuv1
- layering/climax theory can be improved in the first half of the song (starting at 30.82s); incomplete layering with drums such as 40.57s; could do quite a bit more in places like 59.62s
- the second half of the song at 200bpm suffers from an overusage of anchor patterns, not to mention that the PR is off by a 16th for just about every pattern (listen to the melody and note when the melody goes back and forth); even though the melody suggests to step such patterns, it constrains variety, so try other patterns
- Summary: The generic nature of the song means you gotta do as much as you can to keep the players interested. Good usage of climax theory will help. Also, the anchor patterns in the second half of the file needs a good revision first.

Flight of the Bumblebee / Silvuh
- 15.14-16.75s, 47.20-49.14s, 34.08s, etc.: why not step these as jumps?
- Summary: This is a nice easier rendition of this classical file that you've summarized quite well! Perhaps add a few more jumps to a few of the 4ths.

Gate Openerz / Condoct
- this file is overall too heavily layered, especially the first half; if you tone down the layering, it will also reduce the number of jumps hands present (even though I understand what you're layering to)
- 20.23s: the jumpstream trill combo here is awkward and rather hard to hit
- 65.40s: this section doesn't really need 16ths, and is busy enough
- 83.52s: this isn't entirely a 16th trill...
- 98.93s: try to avoid 8th stream patterns that result in anchors and jacks
- Summary: File needs to be toned down with the layering a lot, else players will find this file artificially inflated in difficulty. Also be aware of anchor patterns.

Gruntilda's Lair / ninjaKIWI
- 11.75s, etc.: throughout the song, the small groups of 24ths are misrhythms; there are actually four notes in each of those groups, so listen for them again
- 41.44s: missed the usual burst here
- Summary: Short, simple song with good, simple steps. Since there's not a lot to be stepped, generalizing the bursts into those 24ths stood out a bit more.

Hate It Or Love It / TheSaxRunner05
- there seems to be a number of ghost arrows througout the song that don't go to anything, or is the product of partial layering; see 33.31s, 67.89s, 78.21s, etc.
- but then there are places where there seems to be obvious missing arrows going to the swing rhythms, like 87.67s, 38.47-38.85s, 43.63s, etc.
- 79.50-82.60s: suddenly switching from simple 4th jumps to the melody? Try to maintain consistency.
- subtle climax theory near the end, a nod to that
- Summary: Good first try on a file. Now you need to work on consistency of patterns and reducing the confusion that's due to partial layering.

Head Banger / hi19hi19
rating: -/10 [PASS]
- Just like Chipscape, I want someone else to review this file. I've seen this already but feel it's better for someone else to share his or her thoughts.

Heroes On Your Lawn At Night / T-Force
- few arrows missing in random places: 12.73s, 58.82s, 85.46s
- maybe a little gallop at 43.64s
- no 32nd at 64.82s
- for an easy song, perhaps anchor/runningmen patterns like at 93.64s should be used at further discretion
- the 32nds are nicely PR until around 109.55s, then it goes off a bit (check the back and forth motion of the patterns)
- 110.91s: better if you stepped the 32nds here
- another thought is to slightly increase the difficulty of the file, since the 32nds at the latter part of the song is a noticeable step up from the easy sections in the first 2/3rds of the song
- Summary: An easy to follow file. It might be better to increase the difficulty of the first half a bit to level the difficulty with the last third of the song.

Hyperdisco / I like it
- the beginning of the song feels a bit weird with breaks in the stream; I know you're stepping to the lyrics instead of the music, but they're still not that accurate (e.g. no lyrics at 7.34s)
- 28.46s: jumptrillable, but still rather nasty due to the break in rolls
- overall, the 8th streams seem to be randomly placed, so perhaps it's better if you tried some structured layering that doesn't make the file appear overly ubiquitous
- 36.74s: reduce the amount of jacks created by the jumps (i.e. reduce anchor patterns)
- 75.02s: constant rolls are actually difficult to hit consistently since it's easy to fall out of rhythm - especially when the 4th note beat isn't at the beginning of a roll; try changing up the patterns a bit
- 102.86-104.78s: would be interesting if you step 16ths to the modulated vocal clips
- 120.62s: deceivingly awkward pattern due to the re-occurrence of the up arrow
- Summary: Surprisingly, I have to admit you did make a very reasonable chart for a very fast song like this. The 8th streams though seem to random with patterns going every which way. Structuring the file could also add some interest to what is otherwise "generic breakcore".

I Like Trains (Remix) / wc
- there are some 16ths that are either ghost notes or I cannot hear; e.g., 6.17s, 8.28s, etc.
- don't like some of the 24th patterns, especially towards the end of the song. These patterns may cause framer issues or are just plain awkward to hit due to anchoring arrows; e.g., 68.25s, 69.12s, 72.09s, etc.
- Summary: A difficult but fun file that has a lot of variety. However, those 24th streams near the end have some pretty nasty patterns you should consider revising.

I Say No / _.Spitfire._
- I can see that you did a lot to reduce the repetitiveness in the patterns as much as possible, but repetitiveness is something you can't avoid in this song. There are places in which you can still reduce repetition via gradual climaxing. In the very beginning for instance, you can start off with jumps on every second 4th note instead of every 4th. You can eventually add jumps to every 4th later on.
- my only problem with this file is that the middle part is too heavily-layered with hands and jumps; you're also probably doing this to keep things interesting, but you should try to -at least- tone down the section at 114.92-135.85s. Overstepping with jumps reduces the relevency of PR and tends to produce jacky patterns.
- Summary: You cut this song nicely, but you can still do a bit to reduce the repetition. More importantly, the middle needs to be toned down.

Impulse / wc
- 65.67s: you might want to consider changing the [13] jump that follows this string of uneven jacks; awkward to hit and time otherwise
- 145.18s: jump
- 176.55s: around here, your syncing seems to be off to the guitar; check your bpms again
- Summary: This is an excellent file that has a lot to look at. However, the syncing at 176.55s is a bit concerning - take another look at that part.

In Flux / MarioNintendo
- 2.48s: jump is offsync
- 6.06s, etc.: you might want to move the arrows here to acknowledge a change in the piano
- 9.34s, etc.: jump
- 37.78s: this part should be jumps for the piano's right and left-hand notes
- 39.88s: the jump usage in the following section here is a bit iffy; there appears to be jumps on obvious piano chords and then jumps on less accented notes/octave chords that are better off as single arrows instead; check the accenting
- 76.29s, 77.25s, etc.: place jumps elsewhere (listen to chord melody)
- 82.20s: rather yucky pattern to hit fast; try for a smoother-flowing pattern
- 122.33s, etc.: if you could find a way to make this a jump, it'd feel more satisfyingly complete
- Summary: Some minor complaints, but I still find this to be a very well-done piano file that's enjoyable to play.

Jasmine (Helikaon Vs. Ephexis Camelrape remix) / _.Spitfire._
- 8.06s, etc.: what do these 8ths go to?
- 57.16s, etc.: even though you don't overuse hands as much as you do in other files, a few places like these sections could still do without. In this case, we have 16ths going to a particular melody, but the hands really constrain the ability to show the melody's PR.
- 63.23s: the synths become louder here; gradually increasing layering (climax theory) would work great!
- 74.66-91.81s: I think you should introduce full 16th streams later on throughout the song. For this part, perhaps a complex 16th melody broken up that's not as dense as what's to come.
- 122.52s: you can probably get away with four up jacks, since those play on the index finger, which are the strong fingers on people's hands. It's still preferable though to change this to either two sets of small minijacks or no jacks at all. Your choice though.
- Summary: Reduce some of the 16th streams in the first half to show some climax theory and keep the players interested. Very fun file though.

Jump yourself / DossarLX ODI
rating: 2/10 [?]
- jackhammer madness v2 (nice attempt anyhow)
- I think Grist would be nearly the extent of long consistent jacks at a moderately fast bpm. This song's jacks are too much for most players to enjoy. You're not only dealing with up/down jacks, but left and right jacks as well - not everyone's strong with the right/left arrow jacks (or left-handed patterns like down arrows).
- in addition, there a few jumps tossed in within the long jacks, which isn't all that enjoyable to play
- the song's short length also doesn't provide many opportunities to present a convincing file
- Summary: Long fast jacks on every arrow direction, plus jumps, are not going to work.

michi shirube / Silvuh
- 63.40s: missed a 16th here
- 83.38-89.03s: personal preference, but maybe put some emphasis on the main melody here?
- Summary: A fairly easy to moderate file that is -beautifully- stepped. It fits, the structure is wonderful, and I think it'd be a choice file for anyone to enjoy. I especially like the 24th patterns that play with a 1234321 structure.

Parousia / kjwkjw
- 54.18s, 78.67s: this is just a personal preference, but the violin just seems more dominant of a melody to me than the 16th piano embellishments; I'd go for a small polyrhythmed section since it doesn't last all that long - that or choose the dominant melody instead if you don't like polys
- 55.51s, 70.32s: jump
- 73.36s, 74.88s, etc.: a few parts here contain some obvious piano embellishments that would've been great if you've acknowledged
- 84.09s: minor 16th missing
- 85.13s, 91.21s: I really don't hear these 24ths...what am I missing?_?
- 89.12s, etc.: again, you don't acknowledge the very obvious main melody going on here and choose to instead emphase the accessory melodies; this becomes more frequent from this point on until the end of the song
- Summary: This file is very fun and you did an excellent job at stepping it! Playing it feels great on the hands. However, I'm a bit disappointed that the main melody sometimes got shafted in favor of a more minor melody such as 16th pianos.

Plasmatextor / Kommisar
- hmm, this song seems very familiar...
- 144.48s: don't hear any 32nds here
- 161.85s: missed a 32nd
- really loved that chiptune solo 2/3rds through the song
- Summary: Incredible file as usual - it's hard to go wrong with chiptune files since the melodies are very distinct and often straightforward. The solo added a nice colorful touch too.

Release / Silvuh
- highly generalized, very simple file that you've appropriately stepped for the newest beginners
- a few areas which are generalized seems rather vague as to what you're stepping to (e.g. I presume you're stepping to a set "round" of a melody in 15.36s, like an echo. However, 18.48s also plays a distinct echo that you didn't step.)
- Summary: You know how to make pleasant introductory songs very well.

Sonata Pathetique -movement 1- / wc
- hey, I've played this on the piano before (I'm going to shorten the title above heh)
- 134.94s, 143.51s: jump (yes, it's quiet but it's a chord)
- in some of your 16th streams, try to avoid isolated minijacks, even thought this doesn't disrupt the flow all that much
- aww, you only stepped half of the song ):
- Summary: Regardless, you did a great job in putting this song to justice for FFR's standards at least. Since I've played the song, I was even more critical about getting the file right, but I'm satisfied with it.

Video Out B / wc
- 8.00s, 13.11s, 18.21s, 18.69s: ghost 4th (or 8th at 18.69s)
- 61.30s: I'd rather just focus on the guitar and main melody instead of stepping the 16ths to nearly inaudible hi-hats
- 81.65s: missing 16th
- Summary: Great drum'n bass file with a continuous, energetic pace of moderate difficulty. I suggest straying away from the very quiet hi-hats though.

Yellow Leaves / Silvuh
- is the very beginning of the file synced properly? If not, use proper note colors.
- 25.26s, 66.60s, 82.43s, 87.76s, 160.99s, etc.: grace note/quick gallop; check the whole file and see if you can find any more that you think are legitimate
- 26.93s, etc.: a few places scattered throughout the song I thought the main melody could've been projected a bit more clearly; at 26.93s for example, the main melody is only represented by a single arrow but the bass hand piano (which complements the main melody) appears to take precedence with jumps instead
- 115.59s, etc.: aww, stepping the 12th note rattles would've been cool in a few places of the fast-paced section of the song
- Summary: Wow! This file's a stunner with varying bpms, fun patterns, and a genre that FFR rarely offers. The changes in pace will surely keep players awake. Look over the file for grace notes and see a few other suggestions I've made.

---------------------------

Resubmissions:

Caprice for Violin in B minor Theme and Variations / hi19hi19
- spectacular job on the PR (minor exceptions mainly in first half of file; e.g. 21.15s, 26.10s, etc.)
- thanks for also moderating the amount of one-handed trills halfway through the song!
- Summary: [Near] pitch-perfect file with a melody that's easy to follow and play. Feels very clean too.

Coffin / YOSHl
- file flows much better now
- 24.31s: don't hear the 32nd
- there are still some wacky 32nd combos that feel awkward
- for example, at 38.24s, you have a 32nd as a down arrow coming into a series of 16ths which are also all down arrows, which feels strange
- other weird patterns: 39.10s, 59.64s, 68.67s
- Summary: Great improvement. Just look over a few more weird 32nd patterns and you're all set.

Electric Obsession / Elite Ninja
- 42.64s: no 16th
- 72.80-93.01s: 4th note jumps that aren't on the claps don't seem to relate to anything except for layering purposes. Layer to something else that relates to the music.
- good job at very discreetly layering the file for a very gradual climax theory
- Summary: Another easy file that you've structured reasonably well. Fun and simple.

Face of Faith / Ziergdsx18
- nice improvement at clarifying the song's melody and layering more fully!
- the beginning of the song still has minor incomplete layering issues
- 57.69-69.69s, 85.12-112.55s: biggest issue I have in this song is the stepping of 16th drums/percussion at these two sections. They're pretty indistinct and appear more as filler arrows than anything really substantial. The 85.12-112.55s section is IMO probably the more problematic of the two.
- Summary: File flows well and is quite fun. I don't think the percussion in the aformentioned two sections is significant enough to be stepped however.

I Love (Orange Things) / ninjaKIWI
- 12.89s, etc.: if you listen closely, the bassy synth melody doesn't actually require any jacks
- 21.85s: don't hear the 64th
- 22.64s: missed the 16th
- the 32nd patterns flow pretty well and fits the music perfectly
- 85.55s: a 24th roll instead of a trill feels a lot better
- 89.84s: ghost jump
- ending made me laugh for some reason
- Summary: Just a few small things to fix. Awesome file that plays quite crisply.

Niala

.357 Magnum
Nothing terribly outstanding about the file, although I admit I like the dynamic choices with it. Overall well done, but a few errors in missing or adding notes. [+] 8/10

404th of July
I don't like the file, but that doesn't stop it from being well-stepped and having good ideas. [+] 8/10

Banned Forever
Too long given the song doesn't change enough, cut requested. As is, I like it, fun, just less replayable due to the length, and with some notable mistakes (for example, leading into the hand at measure 18 you have some excluded 16ths) etc. More or less it's good though. 7/10 [+.]

Beethoven Virus v2
The file has too much empty space in some areas, and too dense in others, it's not interally consistent. It's also way too similar to the file already in-game. You'll need to give it an easier/harder difficulty before it could be accepted. [?] 3/10
Note the file isn't terrible, just two big issues that make it unacceptable rather than being bad.

Blackout
Simple, easy and generally fine. One thing to note is the PR. The difference between doing PR well and doing PR incredibly well is prioritizing. You need to prioritize the melody over the bass hand of the piano. It's a matter of representing the music the best way you can. Overall, pretty good. [+.] 7/10
P.S. that placeholder is unnecessary.

Blast Off
This has layering problems and inconsistencies written all over it, it's just not suitable for FFR without a major rehaul. [?] 3/10

Caprice for Violin etc.
Thanks for fixing the trills. Still kinda slow in some sections, but nature of the song etc. [+.] 7/10

Chipscape
My one real issue with the file is the jumps seem to just go to nothing but are there for the sake of density. P.s. those jumps around measure 49 (and the repetition) are very noticably wrong, the snare is on the 16ths, offbeat. Also, file has mirror syndrome which is a nasty idea for people who rely on mirror to pick up the slack for the weakness of one hand. [+.] 6/10

Chrono Trigger Jethro etc.
There are some very noticable misrhythms, and errors in missing notes as well. I like the idea of the file, it's quaint, just needs to be improved via stepping the melody line more accurately. 5/10 [+?]

Cirno's Perfect Math Class
There are lots of misrhythms and very little to no layering which leaves a lot of empty space sometimes. Try to pay closer attention to the melody line. [+?] 4/10

Coffin
Much better, more comfy to play, the ridiculous ending is gone too. [+] 9/10

CORETOON
wat [+] 8/10

Crowdpleaser
Better than the one in-game. That being said, it is just a lot of 16th jumpstrem. I'd like to see this replace the current one but God knows that's not going to happen. I think the offcoloured 24ths at the end might have a bpm wrong or two, unless it's actually THAT specific, but it's fine, I'm just picky. [+] 8/10

CS Custom Gun Sounds
Gonna be completely honest, I reaaaaaaally don't like the roll into the ending. Especially cutting out the gun sounds at measure 44 for the sake of those nearly inaudible beeps. That's my only real annoyance in the file, though, the rest is good. [+.] 7/10

Cynthia
I don't see a change in the file from the last time I judged it. There are still misrhythms (missing an 8th in each set of piano in the intro) and the 16ths are still stepped wrong. The difficulty also doesn't flow very nicely, it seems all over the place. I think you should take the time to look over the file with somebody in depth, get some of the misrhythms fixed, and try again. [+?] 5/10

Daybreak
Missing a 16th at beat 59.750. I really enjoyed this, has a very step-nostalgia feel. The last 18 or so measures has an issue with layering the piano, it just jumps in and out at whim, which is problematic as a player. [+.] 7/10

Death March
Sync needs some work, and there is, quite literally, no dynamic play to a file whose song that's very full of emotion. I'm kind of underwhelmed by the chart, simply because the song overpowers it. You stepped it fine for what you chose to do, it's just not the best way it could have been done. That all being said, there are no strict errors aside from the sync needing touched up. [+.] 6/10

Demon Beast Appearance
There's a couple spots that have some jumps missed based on the lead guitar in the early parts of the file. I think they're stylistic choices, but you can't be sure. Also, a bit jack-heavy at times, it gets tedious and tiresome. The 24th stream at measure 66 cuts out too early, and also has a break half-way through it. It's fun as all hell, though, there are definitely some great things about this file. It has room for improvement, a lot of which is improving your jack usage, timings on solos, and filling some of the dead 16th strm space, but it's a great file so far. [+.] 6/10

Electric Obsession
64ths, I mentioned it last time. PR is better, easy, solid file all around. 7/10 [+.]

Enchanting Venus
We'll work on it. [+?] 4/10

Entry of the Gladiators, Op.68
SQUEEEEEEEE. Supa cute file. [+] 8/10

Epilogue
Intro, check your hand usage, leave them for the BIG chords and the little ones just use a jump. The next section (measure 18+), I get what you're trying to do with representing the same chord by using the same jump repeatedly, it just destroys file flow and, at those speeds, is unnecessarily difficult to play. The 16th stream is very linear, there's no changes in it at all, which is a bad set-up, forces mistakes. Quad ender and placeholder note aren't necessary. The last 16th stream has the same problem as the first, very linear, very 1234 in nature. [+?] 5/10

Excessive Sex
Missed a couple hands in that mid section near the end of it, (17-33). Missing 16th at beat 130.25. All in all I enjoy this file, it's very technical, while remaining fun. [+] 8/10

Excite ~OMG~ Bike

On a serious note, [PASS], not being responsible for this.

Face in the Gutter
What an... interesting song choice. As odd as it was, you did it justice, I quite enjoyed the file. [+] 9/10 p.s. 1243124312431243 <3

Face of Faith
Not bad, it has pad syndrome where it just invents notes, but it's consistent and approached from a good stepping style, even if it's not an expected stepping style. [+.] 7/10

Faint Breath
Made a bit of a booboo right at measure 62 (beat 244) with the 16th jump right after it not going to the melody, seems like a copy-paste error maybe? Right after measure 67 there's a jump on the 16th, with the hand I get why you omitted it, but it sets off a "missed a note" signal in my head anyway. right after measure 78 same problem with the 16th jump. Missed note at measure 95 too. On an offhand note, this seems a bit rushed, made quite a few mistakes that were pretty easy to catch. [+.] 6/10
P.s. I may be missing something beacuse that recurring 16th jump that I don't hear a sound for is repeated a lot. So, as I said, a copy-paste error, or maybe I just don't see what you're trying to highlight.

Finale for the Fallen
This song doesn't have good stepping presence, and I think that's a lot of what makes the file rough. The song just does the same thing over and over and over which makes it really hard to get any variance into the file, but when you try to put any variance into the file, the PR goes haywire and self-destructs. There's really no good way to step a song like this without it coming off as repetitive and having bad PR. [+?] 5/10

Flight of the Bumblebee.
Could have done with the last two plucks at the end as singles, nice way to end it. 16th can just be a 4th, no need to be that specific when you weren't elsewhere in the file. Solid file, not much to complain about. [+.] 7/10

Gate Openerz
This file is very aggressive, and not in a fun way, to be blunt. There are way too many hands, and the amount of jumps would create a panic in small children. I think you have the right idea, the song should be stepped as a build, getting harder as it goes, but this file is currently too intense all around. [+.] 6/10

Gruntilda's Lair
Those 24th trills were the cutest thing ever. Really enjoyable, and the length is appropriate for the song being repetitive in nature. If I were to make a suggestion, I'd say change the early 24th bursts to match the timing more accurately, but I both understand and somewhat agree with the choice anyway. [+] 9/10

Hate it or Love it
I'm actually neutral. (c wat i did ther?) SO repetitive. It's like the energizer bunny, it goes on and on etc. There's little variance in the file, and any changes it does have come almost completely at random instead of with a well-timed musical queue. In all fairness, it's not a terrible chart by any means, it just doesn't provide much from either a players nor a steppers perspective. 5/10 [+?]

Head Banger
While I can appreciate trying new things, this idea didn't work out. Between the plethora of hands, and really difficult 16th transitions, there's no break, except for that early single arrow section that kind of comes from nowhere. Needs to be redone. [+?] 4/10

Heroes on your Lawn at Night
nussed at 16th at beat 98.75, 101.75, 117.75. If you want to represent the snares at 153 use them as jumps, don't delete the stream. Missed 8th at 174.5, 193.5, 194.5. The notes right around measure 50 are a misrhythm, fix please. Very stale, but altogether alright. [+.] 6/10

Hyperdisco
There are a lot of misrhythms in the layering towards the end, as well the chart has some sections that are WAY too difficult. That roll section is going to end up being Skeletor except you can't jump it, it needs redone with some pattern fixes. Also, the 8th jumpglut has no reason to be there. A couple of major flaws, but at least the file have the right idea. [+?] 5/10

I Like Trains
There are a couple of misrhythms in the 16ths in the intro, it's hard to tell so you can squeeze by most people, but they're still there and should be fixed. Measure 11-27 also has a few 16th mishaps, as well the patterns at a bit too unplayable with the overuse of [13] and [24] jumps. Still a couple of misrhythms and such later on in the file as well, careful with the 24ths, they don't always start and stop appropriately. The chart, overall, feels cluttered, I think toning it down a bit would do it some good, but don't feel compelled if you like it as is. Enjoyed it for sure, just a couple of misrhythm fixes before it's technically set. [+.] 6/10

I Love (Orange Things)
I indeed love orange things. [+] 9/10

I Say No
The file was awesome up until measure 83. After that it was just... blech, if you're going to do that, at least only put the hands on every second quarter note, with the big snare/kick/whatever sound comes, not hand-jump-hand-jump. It becomes particularly ridiculous once you add the 16ths. [+.] 6/10

Impulse
missed a 16th at 75.250. 24th at 149.833, no reason to omit. There appears to be a missed note somewhere around that 94.51 bpm change mark at measure 50. measure ~54-~61 feels like nothing, the bass would have been more appropriate. Misrhythm just before 79. File's also too long, the song doesn't change drastically, and more importantly, neither do the steps. Love the trill. [+.] 7/10

In Flux
You and your Nick Perrin... Two things, crazy rolls should be 24ths for the sake of actually being able to see them, 12ths have a tendency to get lost when they're this abundant. beat 226.000, it does that 4 note string, I agree with them not all being jumps, just the first and the last, otherwise it doesn't set off your layering for the upcoming section correctly. Cute ending, really liked the file. [+] 8/10

Jasmine (adsfjlafj)
Following the layering scheme, the 8ths in those [124]3[124]3[124] 16ths should be a jump. Also, fantastic simfile. 9/10 [+]

Jump Yourself
Can't tell if supposed to sound like that or bad song quality... On a serious note, It's well done for something that's... well of this nature. Hard, but appropriately so. [+.] 7/10

Michi Shirube
Fantastic song choice, and, more importantly, the steps are COMPLETELY appropriate. They fit it perfectly. Just the right length, density, everything. Top notch. [++] 10/10

Parousia
Nothing to say except excellent file [+] 9/10

Plasmatextor
A string of good files. [+] 9/10

Release
That sure is a 1. [+] 8/10

Sonata Pathetique
The sync drifts a bit, and it's pretty noticable to me. Aside from that there's nothing to really complain about, and the sync isn't terrible, it's just not perfect. [+.] 7/10

Video Out B
Good cut, stopped it from being too repepepepeptititititive. [+] 8/10

Yellow Leaves
Superb. The yellow in the intro was cute. Really enjoyed it. [+] 9/10

=.The Ocean.=
Excellent. A bit repetitive, a lot of it consists of one pattern just changed up, but the song doesn't leave you with much else. Some of the jacks I noticed were very well done, integrating background melody into the stepping, and doing it well, is always great to see. [+] 8/10

[Dracula]
I'm guessing that's the name of the song? Second half of measure 37 you missed the 12ths. Missed a 16th at beat 226.25. Ending ftw. It's alright, there's a couple of consistency issues, but it builds nicely for being mostly the same thing for the entire song. [+.] 7/10

{Evolution} Out Stage
You kept the interesting feel, just improved the stepping technique. There are still things I think are wrong with it, but they're mostly personal choices. It's executed much better than last time around, Solid improvement. [+] 8/10

{Hollow Man}
It's long. Like, really long. And you're aware of it when you're playing, which isn't good. There's also a big lack in layering, and any variance to the steps. You did a good job with the PR, and making some good consistent choices, it just needs more flavour, and to be less long. [+?] 4/10

iironiic

.357 Magnum – 8/10 (MarioNintendo)
Very enjoyable yet difficult file to play! However, those handjacks are going to be miserable to tackle when it gets in the game!

404th of July – 7/10 (megamon88)
Not a bad file! Because of some of the awkward patterns (like the 32nd rolls, particularly (12)341(23)412(34)), it makes replayability a lacking factor. However thank you for being a little generous with the patterns since you could’ve chosen unfavorable ones!

Banned Forever – 9/10 (kjwkjw)
Wow! This file has to be one of the most fun Renard files I have ever played! Very well done! I especially like your choice of pattern for the first 32nd roll!

Beethoven Virus v2 – 7/10 (takumi000)
I don’t see anything wrong with this file. There are some missed opportunities where I strongly encourage you to emphasize PR a little more, but other than that, this file was well done!

Blackout – 8/10 (AlexDest)
Very well done! I think you can get away with no hands in the file since the music is relatively serene, but having hands in this file isn’t a terrible idea. Good job!

Blast Off – 6/10 (Coolboyrulez0)
This file has so much potential to be one of the fun FMO+ songs that FFR tends to lack. There are certain parts where I’m sure you can figure out something to incorporate more than one part at a particular moment in the file since it generally feels a little empty as I was playing through this file.

Caprice For Violin In B Minor Theme and Variations – 8/10 (hi19hi19)
This file is great! There isn’t anything wrong and I love the PR work you did here. I wish the buildup wasn’t so slow though. Great work nonetheless!

Chipscape – 5/10 (Ziergdsx)
I am still not a fan of those bursts. It makes the file extremely sloppy. I know you are trying your hardest to make them attackable but I don’t think 32nds and 64ths will cut it. The ending made me laugh though (:

Chrono Trigger Jethro And Vash At The Fair – 7/10 (hi19hi19)
There are some missed notes here and there. Not a bad file, but it’s a little boring to play through. Try to spice it up a little too!

Cirno’s Perfect Math Class – 9/10 (takumi000)
Fun pattern choices! Catchy song! Good job!

Coffin – 7/10 (YOSHl)
Hahahaha! I love the song choices for this batch! There are some patterns that I am not fond of since I don’t understand how you place certain steps. Not a big issue though! Great job!

CORETOON – 7/10 (Spitfire)
Patterns are good! Song choice is interesting haha. Wished there was more things to do in the file though.

Crowdpleaser v2 – 8/10 (DossarLX ODI)
Definitely a nice restep to the current version. That speedup to the hand at the “wall of doom” section is very awkward to attack though. Well done though!

CS Custom Gun Sounds – 6/10 (Elite Ninja and Niala)
After measure 44, it felt really empty. I think the layering there should be fixed so that the more prominent sounds (gun sounds) are emphasized. Nice work though!

Cynthia – 4/10 (DarkZtar)
This file went offsync really quickly! Press F4 to listen to the claps and make sure that they are dead on the sounds you are trying to emphasize. The jacks throughout the file aren’t entirely necessary but it does ruin the flow of the file. At least there is some sense of PR which means you understand what you are stepping, so keep up the good work!

Daybreak – 6/10 (Silvuh)
Not a bad file! Although your layering with the mainline is great, I think you can emphasize the beats a little more, and I encourage that because playing through this file felt a little open and lacking. Great job nonetheless.

Death March – 8/10 (Silvuh)
Great easy file! Felt a little too repetitive but there’s nothing wrong with that! Well done!

Demon Beast Apprentice – 7/10 (icy)
I like jacky files but the beginning jacks kind of asks too much for an enjoyable file. Great file though!

Electric Obsession – 8/10 (Elite Ninja)
Nothing wrong with this file. Good easy file! I like the change of layering in the middle since the song was starting to get a little repetitive.

Enchanting Venus – 7/10 (Elite Ninja)
Before the minijack part of the song, there were two sections in the first long stream (measure 19) where you placed a (12)1 and a (34)4 (etc.). I don’t see the need of making this a minijack. Other than that, good simple file!

Entry of the Gladiators, Op. 68 – 7/10 (hi19hi19)
Good easy song! I noticed that you were layering jumps to the drums, but there were some instances where you put jumps to certain sounds that I don’t quite understand why. If this were to get in game, there is no way that is considered a 6 like what you rated!

Epilogue – 6/10 (Middie)
Seems a little overstepped. The quads and hands are really unnecessary in my honest opinion. It’s a great tricky file though, so well done!

Excessive Sex – 6/10 (wc)
This file was fine. The 32nds stream was a little inaudible and isn’t worth noting as one plays the file. Also some interesting pattern choices.

Excite ~OMG~ Bike – 6/10 (YOSHl)
I really liked how you made the harder part much easier to attack. Good job! However, I think the beginning hands are a little too much for the beginning. Nice work though!

Face In the Gutter – 9/10 (AlexDest)
This is really fun and would make a great tricky file! I enjoyed the steps a lot! Well done!

Face of Faith – 8/10 (Ziergdsx)
Good file! A little repetitive here and there but not bad enough to enjoy a good file! I fail to see how this is a 12 though haha.

Faint Breath – 9/10 (TC_Halogen)
I really like this file a lot! At beat 59 (27.469s), I think you missed a (12) jump but other than that, nice rolls and nice JS patterns! Great work!

Finale for the Fallen – 7/10 (pmonibuv)
I wish your choice of patterns varied a little more. It was hard to enjoy the file if you choose the same patterns over again. The song was a little too repetitive too.

Flight of the Bumblebee – 8/10 (Silvuh)
I really like this version because the cellos/basses were emphasized more than the violins, making it appropriate to step the bass notes only. Well done!

Gate Openerz – 7/10 (conduct)
Feels a little overstepped with the hands and a little repetitive too. Would make a good tricky handstream/jumpstream file though.

Gruntilda’s Lair – 8/10 (ninjaKIWI)
Good easy file! Boring for me though but I’m sure it would be interesting to someone else!

Hate It or Love It – 8/10 (TheSaxRunner05)
I’ll be completely honest with you. I don’t hate it or love it. Regardless, I don’t see anything wrong with the steps. Well done!

Headbanger – 7/10 (hi19hi19)
I think this file had intentions to be overstepped, but even so, it’s a little too much haha. I don’t mind seeing this in the game though since everything else was well done!

Heroes On Your Lawn At Night – 8/10 (T-Force)
Good song! Not bad steps! Great work!

Hyperdisco – 5/10 (I like it)
Streams were too generic. To a speed demon, it would be a boring file. Those 32nd rolls are brutal too. I think you can cheat away with 24ths and at least make them more attackable.

I Like Trains – 6/10 (wc)
The 24ths were a little too awkward and disturbs the flow of the file. Not a bad file though!

I Love (Orange Things) – 7/10 (ninjaKIWI)
Some of your pattern choices can be improved so that the file has more fun than technicality. Not a bad file though!

I Say No – 5/10 (Spitfire)
Woah… this file is too overstepped and too repetitive. Way too many hands and jumps to the point where I can’t follow what you are mapping. Sorry, but I say no ;_;

Impulse – 9/10 (wc)
This is a fun file! I love the speedups and the variety of your steps! Well done!

In Flux – 9/10 (MarioNintendo)
I love the song. I love the file too! Very tricky with the speedups and such but would be amazing to see this appear on FFR!

Jasmine (Helikaon vs. Ephexis Camelrape Remix) – 6/10 (Spitfire)
File’s a little too repetitive with the JS and the hands in the beginning were a little too much. Not a bad file though!

Jump yourself – 6/10 (DossarLX ODI)
I’m not a fan of this file. It was really hard to read that speedup part. The patterns aren’t terrible but that roll at the end is pretty awkward too. Overall, just a weird file.

Michi shirube – 10/10 (Silvuh)
Amazing song, amazing steps, amazing work!

Parousia – 9/10 (kjwkjw)
I wanted to step this ): But chances are, your file would’ve came out much better than mine! Amazing job here! I love your steps! (:

Plasmatextor – 10/10 (kommisar)
Jesus! How more fun can this get?! Amazing work here!

Release – 8/10 (Silvuh)
Yes, we definitely need better song choices for the very easy songs and this is a good start! Amazing work here!

Sonata Pathetique – 10/10 (wc)
Wow! Great work here! I love classical music but I love the file even more! Very fun to play too!

Video Out B – 8/10 (wc)
Nothing wrong with the file! Good variety! Well done!

Yellow Leaves – 7/10 (Silvuh)
There were some inaudible parts that I felt were stepped unnecessarily like the first speedup on measure 41 onward. I didn’t hear anything but straight 8ths. Other than that, not bad!

The Ocean – 8/10 (ichilebekase and krunkykai22)
Good PR and well stepped! Amazing job you two! (:

Dracula – 7/10 (nois-or-e)
That 32nd minijack may be a little troublesome to many people. Not a bad file though! Nice fixes overall!

{Evolution} Out Stage – 7/10 (rushyrulz)
Some of the patterns are too generic. I think you can spice the 123412341234 rolls just so slightly to make this file a little more enjoyable to play! Nice work though!

{Hollow Man} – 6/10 (Trivalent)
File went a little offsync which can be fixed by adjusting the offset to the correct value. The song is extremely repetitive and the steps are straightforward. I would suggest using a cut version of this song to keep players interested. Nice work though!

Last edited by bmah; 05-12-2012 at 01:43 AM..