View Single Post
Old 01-1-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
wildfireskunk
Purveyor of tea
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to wildfireskunk Send a message via MSN to wildfireskunk Send a message via Skype™ to wildfireskunk
Default Re: New Years Tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 View Post
in the spreadsheet, there are two final raw scores. one says next to it higher, and other says lower speed. whats the deal with that?
The whole formula is based off of how far from your 'default' speedmod you play. If you go slower then you get less of a bonus than if you were to go higher, so it shows the 2 different values since it just knows the difference, not if you went higher or lower. You need to use the one you know is correct.

I also assume that if you use a slower speedmod, due to the limitations of programming the spreadsheet you have to ignore the fact that it takes away from your score, and instead add the bonus on?

I think that if you're going to limit the speedmods, there shouldn't be a limit for the lower speedmod since it never gives a silly number of points extra, especially with the limit imposed by the 0.3 multiplier. Since it's highly unlikely that people will able to read 1.0 above their regular speedmod without mashing or some other uncouth way of playing, either make an upper limit to mod additions (preferable), or require some kind of video proof if you want to allow stupid mods so that the user can show that they're not just mashing for the score? Since this isn't a tournament to see who can mash the best Personally I think the upper limit is far more reasonable, since then the penalty for getting a few nonperfects will sufficiently offset the bonus as opposed to the MASSIVE leeway from a 100000x speedmod!

Last edited by wildfireskunk; 01-1-2012 at 08:01 AM..