View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #17
tunsz555
FFR Player

Default Re: Solo Monogatari 2 OPEN FOR SUBMISSION!

Wow the pack started to look livelier now that there are more different people in the pack

(MazEi) Suisai Candy - This file is ok but!
You missed a lot of interesting sound... example is :
- Look at beat 49.75 ,53.75 for example. I think you introduced 3 16th notes combo there but overlooked 16th gallop like this which would be cool if added. The sound is pretty stand out too so you should step it.
- Beat 96.75, 100.75 and the likes contain 16th notes too.
- The chorus is pretty good I must say!
- On the chorus beat 133.25,141.25 and so on there is additional 16th notes so you can create 5 notes combo instead of 3. This can reduce repetition IMO.
- Beat 156.00 there is a send-off drum to 2nd chorus which you didn't step and go for the vocal instead. This is ok too if you like the vocal and don't want the drum to interfere I just saying if you hear the drums or not. Your choice!
- Beat 176.50 there are 2 holds combo and ignored 3 16th notes. But on beat 180.50 you choose to omit the 2nd holds and add the 16th notes instead. While it's true that you have 2 routes to choose (you can choose both if you can!) but you should select only one choice and stick to it at least one measure for consistency. People will have fun from pattern repetition too because it's according to the expectation and not random. (Imagine a song with piano solo + insane drum at the same time it would be weird if on the same measure is a half piano and swith to drum on another half!)
- Beat 184.75 there is a opportunity for 16ths there. The sound is too obvious to ignore for vocal's sake if you ask me.
- The ending is already cool. There are missing 16ths but the sound is too feint so your 16th gallop is doing good job.

Another issue is hold notes confusion. I like to step vocal as holds too but I have something to point out :
- On beat 143.50 you seems to use another holds to represent hi-hat sound. Which could be shorter in length imo if you want to do this (have you tried mini holds using one step of 64th notes for the length? It's clean and beautiful imo). And sometimes confusing like on beat 150.50 (your staircase holds) I see you stopped using double holds for vocal+hi-hat because there is only one hold, but if that is true the red hold on beat 151.00 shouldn't exist because no vocal there.
- Beat 209.50 is another example that you should shorten the length for hi-hat sound. Because it's the same length as your vocal holds it creates some confusion!
- You can ignore some vocal that has less impact. This way your vocal hold can be more powerful than every-vocal-into-holds like this. Just a suggestion.

The beats I point out is an example so please look on similar areas too. (songs tends to repeat itself several times)

You should fix hold notes confusion and make this an easier charts, then find additional sounds and make it a new harder charts (should be 7-8 NPS) the file that is too easy there will be less people playing it so I recommend to add more missing 16th notes for completeness. (But beware some 16th can be skipped and actually more fun to play. The strong point of you is I haven't seen you create the imaginary 16ths like QED)

Good luck on the fix! I missed the ODAM4/5 days that I got a long lecture like this from like 4 judges but it really made me make better file. Also this is a cd-title for you to choose from. (the one you sent me is worse than your old rubic cd-title lmao) Fix the file and make it in the pack so you can use these cd-title

(Kommisar) DEAR FUTURE 8bit - Great Kommi-stream-of-consistency. Also unique pattern that mainly uses 4 inner notes. Accepted

(Lynn) SUPER STREAM - Hardest song in the pack so far! The file is exactly like the song name lmao very challenging with streams and bracket pattern. (reminds me of Malice's solo file?) Pretty fun to play also thanks for complete set of easier charts. The Hard level is exactly what will happen if I step this song lol. Accepted

(Sargon) Authentic Symphony - My file...

(Sargon) Endless Story - My file...

When I have certain amount of files I'll send out my file to other people too because I myself quite not sure about quality of my own file :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMasterPie View Post
i'm gonna make shit for this. gotta get back into the solo groove
:')

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca25nada View Post
stepping Zzz and maybe My Dearest if I can step files fast enough
:')

Last edited by tunsz555; 12-27-2011 at 11:46 AM..
tunsz555 is offline   Reply With Quote