Thread: Equations
View Single Post
Old 12-7-2011, 02:31 PM   #19
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Equations

yah ok you're confused as well..... I could've made any "graph" I wanted but it was wayyyy to general with its definition of "symmetrical"

It could've had translational symmetry...... symmetry with respect to x-axis..... with respect to y-axis..... rotational symmetry...... across that particular plane in which those points intersect......

I really had no ****ing idea how to answer this question......

If I made a circle on a cartesian coordinate plane.... how would I figure out the radius.....???

I "could" take those two points and create a function that could be written as "symmetrical" across the y-axis.... which would appear as a quadratic function or maybe even a quartic function or something asinine like that..... but was I given enough "information" to conceptualize this problem to a particular formula (or function as what it was defined as in this question.....) this little information could be manipulated into so many "cartesian functions"....... ugh

Wait: I think I got it now..... If I find the distance between those 2 points in the 3 dimensional coordinate plane..... that new found line will create a plane that it is sitting upon.... so I can just use distance formula between those 2 points and then THAT is the radius??? (if i want to graph a circle on a cartesian coordinate plane)

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.

Last edited by iCeCuBEz v2; 12-7-2011 at 02:36 PM..
iCeCuBEz v2 is offline   Reply With Quote