View Single Post
Old 12-6-2011, 04:42 PM   #5197
sanzath
retired from rhythm games
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 3 has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I still feel it's pretty silly to punish people who want to improve early. What am I supposed to do, not play until the last round?
If I knew the penalty for trying hard was to be moved to where I couldn't win, I wouldn't have tried hard in the first place...
(I can't even AAA this round's D5 song so I would be instantly eliminated, GG)

Not my tournament to run and technically you can do whatever you want but you know how I feel about it.

Furthermore there's a bunch of other people in D4 who are also quite good. wc, dragonmega, sweet feet, yo man im awesome, everyone in D4 who has [Oni]... between all of them there's someone with a better score than me on most songs.
Obviously Reality is an exception, clearly I'm pretty good at that file compared to others :P
$0.02
I'm moving myself up, and why not? I want to play for competition, not for a token and probably some other random stuff I don't need. Sure, winning is fun, and you usually want to put chances on your side. Sure, my being so good is from the hours I put into the game as of late. But I also did something that many people in D4 could not, and I felt it would be more fun for me to move up and push myself further than to stay near the top of my division and be like "lol ez". I may not have a chance to win really easily because of it, but if I can improve even more, I'll be competing for greater prizes.
As for you? Well, I dunno. If you got a score on a tourney song that competed with/equaled those of top D5 (and not during an AAA fest), I'd say to let yourself be moved up. But for the moment, if you feel safer/more comfortable where you are, fair 'nuff. I won't try to convince you otherwise under these circumstances where you actually can't AAA D5's current song.

hypehypehypehypehype
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.

Last edited by sanzath; 12-6-2011 at 04:45 PM..
sanzath is offline   Reply With Quote