View Single Post
Old 12-2-2011, 12:57 PM   #16
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The world in 4000

K, so now I've read people's posts, and I'm surprised only 1 other person was like 'yeah, life on the moon and mars!'
I think that *if* we manage to travel near the speed of light, or get ftl travel, we'll manage to colonize other worlds too, ones we don't even know about. I also think they'd still have ties to earth. I think the possibility of humans colonizing a planet and then have no contact with the rest of civilization be very, very slim.

Religion won't disappear unless humanity genetically moves towards smart, aspergian savants, where emotions wouldn't exist. (not saying all aspergerians are smart or emotionally stunted, just picking up on a very niche type of person.)

It seems everyone's views of the world are really dismal. I could totally see us killing most of the human species, but I doubt we'd kill off everyone. We could be put back into the stone age with nuclear explosions and stuff though. But I don't think that will happen; although it does only take 1 person. What we need to do is start storing information in space, safe from the effects of nuclear blasts :-p

Thing like hovercars I don't think would be popular simply because they'd be big. My future doesn't have enough space for individuals or families to own such massive things as even a smart car. Bicycle sized or scooter, maybe. Probably public use of things like that though, just because we'd need to share space-intensive things; lots of public transport.

Last edited by Cavernio; 12-2-2011 at 01:02 PM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote