View Single Post
Old 12-2-2011, 12:15 AM   #4602
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 3 has started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This is a perfectly fine viewpoint. And I've considered it... on the other hand, by the very nature of calling this a tournament, you are inviting the competitive aspect to come to the fore. And part of any competition is the assumption of a consistent playing field. People went into this tournament with a set group of divisions. They knew who they would be competing against, even if not everyone might have agreed with the placements. And to change that in the middle of the competition destroys a lot of the incentive behind competing- why bother to excel if all that gets you is arbitrarily moved to where you're bound to lose?
Valid point. What I am mainly trying to portray in my previous wall of text is not based on that issue itself, but the fact that people are solely competing for the prizes and not for the fun. It's okay to be competitive, but not to the extreme of forgetting that FFR is a game.

To resolve the issue you proposed, a one division tournament is appropriate. To give anyone the incentive of joining, I think the staff should reward an exclusive token with an amazing file just by submitting all scores for each round. More prizes can be given out to the winners of the tournament, and potentially other prizes like, "most improved" or "most dedicated", etc.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote