Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 01:43 AM   #1508
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

I'm taking a data structures class right now, and holy shit FFR is poorly coded. Shame on Synth. Basically, the reason most programs are retardedly slow is poor use of data structures. One of the reasons Flash is slow is cause Adobe makes it. Adobe is notorious for being ****ing terrible at designing proper data structures for their programs. Compare Picasa to Lightroom. Picasa is insanely smooth and works very quickly for the amount of work it has to do. If you've ever tried facial recognition in either of the programs, you know what I'm talking about. The reason Google is #1 in most of what they do is their great use of data structures which enables fast search operations on a large database.

Anyways, I've suggested this many times before, but I can't stress how much better the sorting would be if it was implemented:
A three-way toggle for each of the checkboxes, so Off/Yes/No would be amazing. Off means "no change", Yes means "show these", and No means "hide these". I suggest a green checkmark and a red X for yes/no on the checkboxes. With this, you could get rid of the show/hide toggle, and you would end up with a much more malleable sorting system.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote