View Single Post
Old 11-5-2011, 12:48 AM   #243
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22
Default Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Signups are open!

You know looking at the people in D6, I'm gonna make a prediction for shits and giggles:

1st - Dossar ( hurr durr )
2nd/3rd - ( here's the surprising guesses *2 of these 3* ) Sprite/Aj/Byron
4th - Velo/Tera

Calling an absolute prediction saying AJ will take 2nd with Byron over Sprite, and possibly a sick ass fight between velo and sprite. Not sure if Sprite still has his skill, if so, it will be a crazy fight.

Suggestion if possible to ask:

Kayla had posted in the OP about vROFL being given out to the top 8 people REGARDLESS if they have the token or not. I feel, eventually, this token needs to be given out just like the Support tokens were recently given. In the last tournament the Token was given out to the top 8 people who did NOT have it, if I'm not mistaken. If that is the case, then traditionally that is how you would do it considering you guys are going the traditional way. If not, I just feel that's sort of unfair. Just an opinion of my own.

Another thing, is the combo based scoring. I've had a hard feeling about that since I spoke to you a while back Kayla. Again, it goes with tradition, but one thing I mentioned to Sara earlier, is this site itself hasn't gone by "tradition" since the site came back up. Everything has become newage and grown so incredibly much. With the upcoming engine being a PA base scoring, if, again, that's what I heard and is not wrong, then I believe a "new" tradition can be placed. There are different mods/admins being a part of this tournament, and again, relates to the "new" aspect.

I know the tournament is already set in place as is, I just wanted to point out that maybe breaking tradition could be a good thing, seeing as PA'ing a song shows more skill then actually mashing a certain section or sections to get that FC to beat someone out who has a hell of a lot more skill then you might have, but you combo'd better. I just don't see the competition in that.

For Example:
(Something that was brought up with him and I earlier tonight)

Song - Revo Etude V1
AJ - 88-30-0-188 (Pretty sure that's close to the score you showed me earlier)
Frankie - 71-12-1-46

Obviously PA wise my score is better. (That is the score I got tonight btw which i asked aj if it was good or not xD ). But AJ would win that round because of that one miss I had to his. Again, looks like he mashed the jack parts, and got quadruple the boos I had, but still wins. See what I mean?

If only, for one, I believe it was decided earlier, and coded differently, the dashboard could record PA Scores instead of total combo based scores, i feel it would have been a more competitive morale, so to speak.

But, to close this post cause its late as hell and I'm extremely tired, and have so much to do tomorrow, just opinions I had and felt that it would be good to express them to you guys for future references if you so desired. I know this tournament is set in stone as of now, so its no problem knowing this wouldn't happen now.

Other than that, good job running this guys and putting a massive amount of work into this.

EDIT: I just went and check the last official tournament thread HERE and I was sadly mistaken. The vROFL token was given out regardless if you had it or not. However, that still doesn't change the fact of how I feel regarding the token. I still believe it should be dispersed accordingly to those who don't have it and have put their all into this tournament. It's definitely worth something to those who work hard and do their absolute best.

Last edited by krunkykai22; 11-5-2011 at 12:53 AM..
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote