View Single Post
Old 10-3-2011, 06:19 PM   #242
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Completely Revised Official Tier Point System

I REALLY don't like the VC and C lists, but whatev. Seriously though, whose idea was it to put Famouz on the list? That's an easy AAA compared to so many other C's that people will AAA and get nothing for, I feel that's wrong. And Kirby's Dream Land and AOM? The list seems really unbalanced. Oh well, VC I just wasn't expecting some and surprised at the lack of some, no Sepia or Frozen Rain? No Hatten Carnival? No Aurora Saikyou or Youkso? Why? The biggest issue by far is the utter lack of these 5 songs:

Feldschlatt (this is utter nonsense, by far the hardest VC, should definitely be there for tier points), Bus Rides with People, Keep in My Mind, Djdj PVC, and Fast Asleep. These are all extremely challenging songs and I feel tier points are made not just to determine skill, but to give people a actual logged point reward for reaching a certain skill level and accomplishment, hence why I feel all the hardest songs per difficulty deserve tier points, and then some mid ones, but all the hards first, otherwise it makes no sense, as I've said, you get 'skill' points for AAA'ing songs like Nitrx and Gatcha x2, but nothing for AAA'ing Feldschlatt, which for me was, and still is a major accomplishment as that song is the pinnacle of VC's. Also, Kil Stage should be there too. What happened? Did people submit easy songs so they could all have tons of tier points? Tier points should be accessible to the casual players too, that's why we have a D and VD list, but let's not forget the point of this list, it's to rank players in 'skill' categories, and once you get to the VC range, this kinda doesn't happen, since the hardest VC's, the ones that are FMO level and deserve the most tier points as a true badge of skill are representing someone who has 'mastered' the VC level songs are absent from the list.
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

Last edited by stavie33; 10-3-2011 at 07:00 PM..
stavie33 is offline   Reply With Quote