View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #1195
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: League of Legends

tear is 7 mana regen for 1k gold
chalice gives you 7.5 mana regen plus a bonus that can potentially double your mana regen for only 900 gold, plus 30 magic resist

if you never upgrade tear then why get tear instead of chalice?

doran's rings are also really really strong because they not only give the critical mana regen that heimer needs early on, but it also gives him health for survivability and ability power, which really works well on his turrets and rockets. without the health, heimer would melt instantly to almost any champion, and without the ap, he's pretty darn weak. of course, this is less important if you're in a duo lane, but heimer is so good in a solo lane and farms so well I don't see why you would ever put him in a duo lane if you had a choice

look at the cost effectiveness as well:
meki pendant: 7 mana regen for 390, or 56 gold per mana regen
giant's belt: 430 health for 1110, or 2.58 gold per health
needlessly large rod: 80 ap for 1600, or 20 gold per ap

doran's ring: 56*5+100*2.58+15*20= 838 gold's worth of stats for 475. think about that for a minute. it slows down your build sure, but only by what, 500 gold? and you do get other benefits, such as health

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
I don't know how I feel about getting a deathcap. Sure it's a great item, but I don't know if it helps my team as much as the auras I'm giving off from the build I posted.
dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offense lmao

deathcap is a great item that helps your team because now you do a LOT of damage. I can't think of a better way to help your team than kill lots of people. how strong a team is isn't decided solely by auras, and while they are cost effective for your entire team, you have to consider their practical usage. does your team have enough magic damage to benefit from will of the ancients? even if they do, why are YOU the one to get it? only other support item you have? abyssal, which requires you to be in range of the enemy champions, one of the main things you do NOT want to do as heimer.

rylai's and zhonya gives you 180 ap total. rabadon's deathcap by itself is 182 ap, but other items that give ap compound that even more. unless you're having a really hard time surviving, those defense items can usually wait until later on if you play smart

buuuuuuut when you get down to it it's all playstyle preference, play however you like. I've built support heimer 2-3 times in the past before, so it's not like ap heimer strictly dominates, but I just really believe he should be a proper caster

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music