Old 09-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #1192
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
why did anyone even say tank heimer

ap heimer makes sense or hybrid.. but tank? he has almost no way of supporting except by his stun and turret slows via ult if you were building him as a tank. plus his movement speed is beyond slow. it'd be useless imo since his stun has to be aimed perfectly or it's a fail 50% of the time. but going AP heim is i think what everyone does to begin with, hybrid would be eh because why would you need to autoattack as heim besides to finish off an enemy champion, to hit a turret, or farm? i think heim's ap (saying ap as in an ap heim build) turrets do fine at taking down turrets.
hybrid blows because then you have neither good physical damage or good magic damage. just go straight ap

actually I went full tank heimer ONCE because I had to do a situational build in order to help our team win. we did end up winning, but it was a very very peculiar case

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
I can't say I've ever tried full AP Heim but I imagine it would be pretty bad >.>

Why wouldn't you just use Annie or Anivia or something?
heimer is a situational pick. his burst isn't as high or reliable as annie or anivia but he has other advantages. annie for instance, cannot deal sustained dps once her burst is gone. anivia can to an extent, but her extent in that regard is limited. heimer has both burst and sustained dps, can harass really really hard, and can zone really well

I'll send some of my best replays if you're curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
By "caster heimer" do you mean support casting heimer? Because I couldn't imagine building him any other way. Going like:

Tear of the Goddess (upgraded to Arch's Staff later)
Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Zhonya's
Abyssal Scepter
Will of the Ancients

That way I give my allies three helpful auras (2 items plus passive). I throw up QQRW, maybe an E before I Zhonya's and watch my allies destroy everything.
yeah that's some junsupport build but I think it's stupid

doran ring x2 OR doran ring/chalice of harmony
sorc shoes/deathcap
hourglass
rylai/void staff

alternative tankier build for situational cases is

doran ring/catalyst
sorc shoes/haunting guise
rod of ages
void staff

I almost never grab archangel's because it costs way too much for very little power, and I don't need the mana

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music