View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax
Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

August 21, 2011

Judge Group 1

bmah

{Evolution} Out Stage / rushyrulz
rating: [+?]
- Two areas with 24th rolls are not at all in sync with the song. I understand you did this to avoid a large difficulty spike, but if changing the rolls to a slower rhythm doesn't seem to fit well with the music (which seems to be the case IMO), then you look for alternatives. As m2 starts for instance, it'd be just as interesting if you've stepped the drums instead.
- m4-7: I think the focus here should be jumps to the cymbals around m7 as opposed to high notes of the music. In fact, you did the same at m28-32, which I recommend you follow. Afterwards, the melody plays in chords, in which jumps seem a lot more appropriate.
- there were a few areas that could've been neat to step: quick drum roll at m16; piano at m22,26
- m20-27: a lot of these jumps don't seem to step to anything particularly noticeable. I think you may have mistakenly assumed these were emphasized sections of the melody. I can follow what you're doing for a few of the jumps, but many of them I cannot. In any case, I would recommend stepping to the drums if you want jumps.
- minor: 16th note jump at cymbal crash: 25.40s
- minor: no arrow at 33.63s
- minor: cymbal crash at 56.79s
- minor: drum kick in m36 starts at 78.98s
- Summary: The main issue I had were several jumps that were stepped to weakly-emphasized parts of the melody, or stepped to apparently nothing at all. Players will wonder what's going on. Actually, good PR can help make emphasized parts of the melody stand out without the use of any jumps. The main scheme of the file was fairly decent and fun however.

0 (piano version) / jimerax
rating: [+]
- minor: a jump is suitable at 37.44s,38.51s,39.14s,39.49s. Same applies with the identical jumpstream around m70.
- missed piano at 112.80s
- Summary: Wow! For a complex piano song, you did a good job in picking out what parts to step and which parts to omit. As a minor suggestion, you should look at adding a few jumps in those two jumpstream sections I mentioned above. Great file.

タ Correspondances Illumit馥s / nois-or-e
rating: [+.]
- m2-3: you stepped the echoes in the next few measures, but why aren't they here?
- the 16th at 5.78s and 9.21s are out of sync
- Various jacks throughout the song such as in m9 is fine for a while but gets rather repetitive. The percussions they step to actually don't sound all that appropriate for jacks. Try some other patterns and vary it up.
- Missed some notes in m20-21.
- m29 = wat. Instead of jumps, I recommend single arrows; they're far more doable.
- Summary: Very interesting file, but I recommend changing some of the jack patterns, as well as that small 280bpm section.

Abyssal / DossarLX ODI & icontrolyourworld
rating: [-]
- I honestly am not at the level where I can play this file with any sort of pleasure. However, I've noticed that several patterns were more awkward than they could be. Some examples:
- Around m23-24, a few hands create this 42424 jumptrill pattern that's very awkward to hit, sort of like those awkward jumpstreams at the end of A Kidney Stone. The emphasis for hands is really quite minimal and doesn't warrant them IMO, despite the layering scheme.
- Should probably ignore the echo around m35 before the jumpstream.
- Crossover patterns such as those in m45-47 at this speed is not fun to hit at all.
- The length of many 16th jumpstreams in this song doesn't leave much to the imagination, such as the one beginning on m81
- Summary: Can't really say the file is terrible, because you did step it as the song pretty much suggests, and I know you meant to step it like this. Regardless, I can't see many players enjoying this file except to the most hardcore speedy players, or mashers. Even so, there are a ton of awkward patterns within the fast streams.

Alpha Device / leonid
- At first, I was curious as to why you'd step the soft instrument and then was about to suggest you step the percussions. However, you did add the percussions later as part of your overall layering. Although some people might not hear everything you're stepping, I think it actually works out to be more interesting.
- Summary: Layering was pretty good, and everything pretty much turned out fine. A good mid-level file.

Back to The Kitchen / TheEvilHobo
- Several of the 16ths you've stepped in the drum'n bass sections are sketchy; they either go to really quiet 16ths or sometimes none at all (e.g. m8,12).
- Also sketchy is a drum roll in m48...it should start a bit later, as it fades in for a bit.
- The jumpstream sections get rather boring after a while. You could step a bit more fully to the drums within the jumpstream later on for a bit of climax theory.
- Summary: The song itself doesn't provide much to step, so you should utilize climax theory and a lot of pattern variations to make this more interesting.

Beware the Purple Water / TC_Halogen
- m55-57: the 24th patterns here are sort of awkward to hit, but the only one I really have to complain about is at m57
- m76: not sure if the jumps at around 134.25s are really necessary
- Summary: There's a lot of variety in here. This song is really fun to play.

Black Apple / megamon88
- Stepping should be more focused on the obvious melody instead of the hi-hats in many places, such as m20,24.
- m48-50 has 32nd rolls that are tight to pull off because they end in a [23] jump. Try placing the jumps differently.
- Hard to hit 32nd patterns like m68 should be changed...they're also prime targets for framer issues on FFR.
- m70,74,etc.: You have 32nd rolls here, but also tried to fit in 12th note polyrhythms. How about just focusing on one of them? The patterns aren't entirely palatable. m104 is better-stepped for instance.
- Summary: A bit too much going on in some measures. Also, might want to change some of the 32nd patterns. It's rather fun though, so I'd like to see this file again.

CastleCrashers - Creature at the Mill / hi19hi19
- m3,6,26,28: Don't know why you omitted some jumps. For instance, see at 2.43s,5.59s.
- m6,7,29,30: There are actually more 16ths here that the main melody plays. Listen for that. Also, not sure what all of the jumps go to.
- m20: The trill here is pretty faint compared to the violin trills you hear. Maybe omit this.
- why not finish that last timpani drum on m33?
- Summary: Just a few things to fix here and there. The premise of the file is quite fun.

CHOCOBREAKS / I like it
rating: [?]
- not PR for the most part, but that's not really the issue
- m4: Empty gap is missing the intro melody before the main Chocobo theme begins.
- m13-20: For a file that's actually rather difficult, you might as well layer this part a lot more, because it's pretty empty. Whereas a single focus on one melody is suitable in other files, the difference in difficulty here is quite great. Smooth out the difference by layering empty areas.
- Maybe you saw this coming, but there are several aids patterns that not many people will like: m26,30,34,35
- The up-down trill at m33 doesn't even exist...no 16ths here.
- Summary: This needs a fair bit of reworking, especially for a short file. If you must make the file at this difficulty, choose some better patterns to hit. It'd be really great if you fix up some of the PR in the first half as well.

Chopsticks! / YOSHl
- the syncing might be slightly off in some places, but still quite impressive to me
- I'm more of a stickler when it comes to piano pieces, so please bear with me (it's probably the one genre in which stepping as accurately but reasonably as possible gives the best results):
- Some piano rolls are faster than you've put them, but many can be fully stepped without compromise and still feel reasonable. While it may feel like you're evening out the difficulty, instead it feels weird to play fast piano rolls slower. I've picked them out for you: 18.83s,37.03s,50.09s(!),86.46s,152.87s(!)
- jumps at the piano chords: 25.07s,25.31s
- the section starting at m14 (38.95s-43.53s) has pretty incomplete layering; listen carefully
- no jump at 60.63s
- m25 (68.03s) should have a better "flowing" pattern than back and forth trills
- at 95.82s, I highly recommend you focus on finish the fast piano instead of switching out to the chords which were already present throughout this part, despite being more emphasized.
- m36 (104.18s): better if the jumps were minijacks both times after the 32nd jumps.
- around 119s (and a few other places like 146s) it gets pretty "green"; i.e. you're syncing to 64ths. I recommend you change the sync slightly so that it represents the correct note colors, but this suggestion is purely aesthetic. Maybe if you do fix the sync, you can address this as well.
- missed jump at 135.72s
- single note at 137.42s, but jump at 139.69s (according to the melody you're focusing on). Jumps also at 140.92s,141.23s.
- should be all jumps at around 147.56s-148.34s
- Summary: Don't be overwhelmed by the stuff I wrote above...to be honest, I was very impressed with the syncing, layering, etc. and it was quite fun to play no doubt. However, if this does get accepted, I really hope you look at all the suggestions, as a piano song that plays like a piano is a really wonderful feeling. I'm sure people will love this file once you clean it up.

Clash On The Big Bridge / hi19hi19
- Nice job smoothing out the difficulty compared to what the file initially looked like.
- Only suggestion I have is adding a few jumps to some cymbal crashes throughout the song.
- Summary: A potentially harder song that is well-generalized to represent an easy chart. Nicely done.

Clematis / 00Razor00
- I don't know if this is a conversion error or what, but what's with the 192nds at 6.36s,16.03s? Maybe these were supposed to be jumps.
- It's not always that easy to follow your steps, partly because of the song and partly because of what you choose to step to:
- The song: multiple piano melodies, not to mention emphasis on select notes. You tend to step only the emphasized notes as opposed to the whole melody, and this becomes confusing when the partially stepped melody is accompanied by steps going to other instruments/another melody.
- Your choice of layering: many places have incomplete layering, which creates a lot of inconsistencies.
Example 1: Starting at m21, you attempt to step both emphasized piano sounds and some percussion. Yet there are many -emphasized- piano sounds you neglect to step, such as at 27.70s,30.36s,36.20s,etc.
At other times, you choose to step to really quiet percussion which will seem strange to the average person who doesn't hear these sounds. Example 2: m31 has a piano melody, a few drums, and quieter percussions, the latter of which you step at 40.20-40.53s. Step to the more dominant sounds instead.
Finally, there are places in which you try to acknowledge several instruments, but do not layer them simultaneously. This results in a chart that's confusing and hard to follow. Example 3: see m33-36 (42.70-48.03s). I have no clue what's going on, other than it appears you're trying to step multiple things. Example 4: similarly at around 108s, you're stepping to the piano, but at 109.03s, you step to the drums without layering in the piano. This is an example of stepping to one instrument and then stepping to another, instead of stepping to both instruments simultaneously.
- 69.36-59.70s: Stepping a quick roll to the quiet hi-hats but ignoring the obvious drums instead?
- There are a few questionable bursts here and there, and then there are some which just doesn't fit the difficulty of the chart at all. See 84.03s,138.03s.
- Summary: The stepping is far too sketchy for people to easily understand. The non-simultaneous (i.e. incomplete) layering, along with some hard bursts is confusing. I -get- what you're trying to step, but the message isn't conveyed very well. What I'd suggest it to focus on a few instruments and layer them in a more complete fashion.

CmR / hi19hi19
- single arrow at 95.28s?
- m9,etc.: I think it's a lot better if you step a bit more to the piano in these parts. For instance, add an arrow at 19.81s,21.01s.
- Summary: Another nice easy file. Just add some arrows to the piano sounds as mentioned above.

Colorful Course / kjwkjw
- This song reminds me of the Mario Kart series.
- m41: the 24th rolls actually begin on the 8th note at 61.57s
- A few parts of the song suffer from a "flatness" in the layering. Consider m10-16: layering or sometimes the emphasis of certain sounds such as louder drums should add jumps to the scheme. In this section though, you're stepping to several sounds but they're all single arrows, and it's harder to distinguish the "topography"/actual nature of the song. In m50-55, I'm not sure what all of the 16ths go to. The song though sounds jumpy because the drums are playing in a "back and forth" sort of pattern, and the current patterns do not illustrate this sort of energy. It's what someone might say "I'm not totally feeling the beats." In this case, I would've expected more jumps.
- Summary: This song is really fun. I'd suggest you look into how to make some of the flatter areas of the song feel more dynamic, however. Simply put, those areas are a bit underlayered.

Crash Up Against The Inevitable / Xayphon
- m54-57 (110.33-118.50s): it's a little empty here, but you can definitely step a bit more.
- m70 (143.01s) is pretty awkward. Any other ways to change it?
- Summary: For a hard bursty file, this actually worked out pretty well and was overall highly replayable. Cool!

Creative Happy / MrPopadopalis25
- The layering is overly heavy in many places. A lot of this is due to the fact that hands in 16th jumpstreams are common, such as m6. In other cases, I just think it goes on for too long and doesn't seem to fit to the rest of the song, such as m11-14 or m29.
- There are also a lot of weird patterns that aren't preferable to play, such as runningmen 16th handstream at m14, or alternating trill handstream at m25.
- m15-21: I see that you're deliberately underlayering this to build up after these measures, which is a good idea, but the fact that many other parts of your song is heavy jumpstream makes this section look really empty. That's why I suggest you tone down the jumpstream so this section looks more agreeable.
- missed 16th at 24.55s,29.97s. A similar case exists at 78.47s,83.80s.
- m27-28: these are 12th notes, not 16ths. m34 is similar.
- m37-44: IMO, I don't think the thumps deserve an entire jump on their own; a single arrow for each should suffice. Also, there are other interesting things to step here too.
- Summary: I enjoyed playing this file actually, but the sections saturated with weird patterns and handstreams, not to mention some misinterpreted sections, bog down the file.

Cutthroat / TC_Halogen
- m28: don't think these 24ths are needed at all
- m39: 16ths should stop here. In fact, I can't hear the majority of these arrows.
- m39-40: The green runningmen section should be represented in a simpler way, as the sound being stepped doesn't represent this many notes.
- m61-62: This pattern is aids, especially when you have to switch from left-right rolls to right-left rolls, closely followed by 16th jumps.
- m71-80: Ahahahaha...no. (could be much simplified but still be climatic)
- Summary: For an FGO song, this wasn't stepped all that bad, but I'm sure you're aware this does feel rushed. Some arrows to sketchy sounds, and a couple of bad patterns. Why not submit this for the hard songs batch?

Dark Random 1 / conduct
- You could definitely add arrows to drums between the jumps in the beginning, such as at 0.50s,1.25s.
- There are quite a few ghost notes that don't exist, such as at m9-10,18.
- m19-22: Completely wrong rhythms to the drums.
- Summary: Probably what hurts the most is the extremely short length of the file. The shorter it is, the more concise and less erroneous I expect it to be. Just as well, it shouldn't take as long to make the corrections too. Take a look at it and give it another shot later.

Das Ist Muzik / _.Spitfire._
- The two main problems:
1) the difficulty spikes are separated by large swaths of pretty easy sections; seems monotonous at times
2) some of the difficulty spikes are really aids to hit, such as m14,20-21,etc.
- don't hear the arrow at around 6.05s
- 32nd buzzes at places like m21 can be simplified, but optional for your difficulty I suppose
- jumptrill sections like m111-112 get pretty unimaginative. You can probably do some pattern variations if you've changed them to individual arrows.
- m151-end: I know this part is underlayered to signal the end of the song, but I really think it should be developed more. Actually, I really like this part of the song...why was it cut? ):
- Summary: Didn't like the file at first, but it's not as bad as it seems after a few plays. You should probably look at the awkward patterns in the first half of the song, and those jumptrills in the latter half of the song.

Deranged / justin_ator
rating: [-]
- The first issue that comes to mind is the lack of variation. The song offers more to step, but in the first and last bit of the song (e.g. m10-22), you choose to step to the 16th percussions entirely. Why not step to the other drums and instruments for a while? It gets boring fairly quickly. The middle of the song is just as boring (m27-28,30,etc.) with 16th handstreams.
- The color theory for certain sounds (e.g. m31) is cool. Check m41 though...doesn't seem to be synced right.
- Change patterns to eliminate a few residual jacks: m22,86
- The other major issue is the buzz noises you're stepping rolls to, and then those 32nd trills. Avoid stepping obsessively to buzz noises. At the very least, you gotta make the patterns flow a bit better. Having the rolls switch from one side to the other such as in m29 results in a jack that'll cause framer issues. And then those 32nd trills starting in m42 are a big no-no. Just because Magical 8 bit Tour and Almost There have them doesn't mean it's a good idea to step this sort of pattern. Instead, represent the buzz noises by single arrows instead.
- Summary: I'd recommend more innovation for your patterns, and a complete makeover for those buzz noises. You did make the steps quite Deranged.

Dove / leonid
- There's quite a bit of empty space in this song. While you may be highlighting certain aspects of the songs such as the lyrics (e.g. m10), it contrasts greatly against the more dense areas (e.g. m22). The drum patterns are repeated throughout the song, and you may have avoided layering this to reduce repetition, but the song feels empty without a little more input. Try layering to some drum kicks to add a bit of substance.
- I also find the steps to the singing questionable. It feels like there are more steps than necessary for the singing (e.g. 40.48s, 53.68s when girl sings legato from a low to higher note). The steps are also questionable for other sounds throughout the song (e.g. the 16ths at m33).
- Summary: Unusual song! But there's this emptyness in the chart and a vagueness in the steps that make this file feel sort of wishy-washy. The song can easily be made into a low-difficulty file.

Dr. Mario Pt.1 / woker-X
- m2,6: It's not entirely clear what you're stepping. Just either focus on one thing or step to a few more sounds.
- The main body of the song is fine, but you can make it a bit clearer by stepping a bit more fully. The steps seem to seamlessly go between drums and the lyrics, but it's not always clear which one you're stepping to.
- Really short song, but there's little wrong with it.
- Summary: That's all?

Drops of Water / 00Razor00
- 0% of the 32nds are needed. None whatsoever. It is far better to represent these sounds with single arrows instead (in SM, you'd probably use holds instead). Even for shorter sounds such as at 12.45s, the rolls don't extend fully to the sounds.
- For these empty areas with 32nd rolls, such as the beginning to m18, there are other sounds you can step to instead, such as the background melody.
- m16: Listen for 16ths in the drums again.
- Even for atonal instruments such as drums, you can still predict their high and low points. With this in mind, take a look at the jacks in m20,22,24,etc. again.
- Several steps go to the percussion, but I wonder why you weren't consistent on it. For instance, nothing's stepped at 31.87s, but you did step this at 38.27s. Another example: 43.37s.
- Summary: Step something other than 32nd rolls and it'll be a lot better already.

Eight / MrPopadopalis
- Shouldn't there be a jump at 146.54s,154.04s,161.54s?
- Some parts could be more PR (e.g. m12-16), and for an easy song, this shouldn't be too hard to do.
- Summary: Not too much to say; would make a nice easy song and an Earthbound tribute. Fix up the PR a bit and it's good to go.

Elektrik shiivers / nois-or-e
- The main body of the song from m3-10,14-20 is nearly straight 16ths with a few jumps. There are many other sounds you can layer in and I recommend doing this since this section repeats.
- Summary: Weird song, but stepped pretty well. It's also short, so it doesn't hurt to make the 16th runs more varied.

Epicity / ScarletSky
- m54: Try stepping the drumroll here.
- m66: I still recommend stepping the more dominant drums than the guitar trill.
- m67-78: The measures with repeated jumps would feel a lot better if you added the drum kicks. The drums do help drive the energy of the song. Also, missed a jump at 72.01s.
- single arrow at 83.26s, and on several occasions from m91-96. I know you're stepping to a different drum set, but that drum set does not define the song's energy as much as the more dominant kick on the 8th notes.
- m90: runningman pattern still rather weird to hit
- m135-150: jacky patterns make for a different scheme than the previous measures in this repetitive section of the song, but they're aids to hit. If you cut the song a bit more, it would be sections like these I would take out to avoid having to resort to potentially more awkward variations.
- the last third of the file has some empty sections between the guitar solo, so I'd still recommend filling some of these in.
- Summary: A great improvement from before, but still requires a few more tweaks. It's coming along nicely.

Failure / NetJet!
- In regards to aesthetics, the song should be at about half the BPM. Otherwise, most of the arrows will be red-colored 4th notes.
- PR needs a lot of work. PR isn't always an issue, but it's more noticeable in piano songs, and can easily rub people the wrong way. For a few examples, see m15,51-62.
- Layering to the piano melodies is inconsistent in places, such as m28,67,73,85. There are some other areas I didn't mention.
- As a general suggestion, when layering multiple melodies, I try to make as few jacks as possible when melodies intersect, creating jumps. The chart just flows better.
- Summary: The chart needs to feel more like a piano file. See the above suggestions: PR, flow, and proper layering makes all the difference. The difficulty is nice for easy players.

Silvuh

[+?] {Evolution} Out Stage / rushyrulz
#OFFSET:-0.405;
// Most of the file flows okay except for the two over-jumped parts, but then there's some jumping inconsistencies and stuff that needs work.
13.38・3.94s: I can see why these four jumps are placed like this, but it may be better to change the pattern a little to avoid minijacks.
12.26s, 12.96s: Shouldn't be on (34) to differentiate them from the notes you were jumping on (34)
14.77s: Move this arrow to 4 to avoid a minijack.
16.24s should be a 3/64th thing like 25.17s. But this one also has a sound on the last 32nd, at 16.52.
16.17s: Don't think this arrow needs to be a jump, because it's neither percussion nor that higher-pitched sound you're jumping.
21.61s・3.29s: Jumping the 16ths to that pitch makes these patterns messy, and you don't need to do that.
25.52・2.12s: This section feel inconsistent, because sometimes both notes in the gallop are stepped, sometimes the first, sometimes the second.
When you step notes that only have percussion and not melody in the stream, that's kinda odd because of how you never follow the percussion.
And then there are notes like 33.6s that don't go to any sound.
34.03s: You didn't step this 48th thing but you stepped the next one.
43.38・6.73s: I can't hear a single obvious sound that these jumps go to.
44.36s: Because the last note of the melody is on this 16th, having the jump on the 4th feels late.
47.58s: This (12)1 pattern is weird. Don't hear why the 8th is a jump and why it should be a minijack.
50.63・1.19s: Messed up your jumping here.
52.31・6.77s: Same thing about the jumps and minijacks being weird.
63.47・5.15s is accurate, but you keep using the same three arrows for another three beats, and there's more variation than that there.
69.82s: Same as 16.24s, that it should be three 3/64ths with a 32nd on the end.
79.10・3.56s: Unjump some of this so it's not so sillishly difficult.
85.80・6.91s: The 4ths and 16ths should be on one side of the jumps and the 8ths should be on the other, to better follow that one melody. I don't hear a melody or percussion note on this first 8th, and there's only a percussion note on the second. So you may want to remove one or both.
87.47s may as well be a jump if the next three 16ths are going to be, because they have the same percussion.
90.54s: The soft beepy things are 3/16ths starting on this 8th.

[+.] 0 (Piano Version) / jimerax
// Something about the layering and the sudden difficultness at parts kinda ... is iffy to me. The grace note things aren't all done very well...
// I found this hard to judge for some reason...
4.38・.17s: Mirror this section for better PR.
9.92s: This jump here is like the note at 4.21, so removing an arrow at 9.92 would be more consistent with your layering.
24.47s and 24.92s: These two ABA 16th patterns are reversed in their PR; don't think fixing them would cause any pattern problems.
25.19s: This chord is barely split, so if you must put a grace note, make it a 192nd away. The previous note also goes to a chord, and if you're not layering anything here, then you really don't need this 16th being a (pseudo)-jump either.
25.63s: This pseudo-jump has a higher pitch than the one before it, so move the 4th to 4. Also, the grace note should be a 96th.
27.87s: Grace note on this arrow is after the beat, not before.
29.21s: This jump has a grace note a 96th earlier if you want to put one of the arrows there.
30.90s: Similar to 25.19s, any grace note here should be the closest possible, but the note is barely emphasized and doesn't need to be a jump anyway.
32.24s: Not sure why you ignore the bass here when you were making gallops with it earlier. These notes are much more audible than the one you step at 35.72s.
39.92s: Don't think you need a pseudo-hand here. The grace note is really to the previous 16th here, but that's unnecessary in this stream.
Some of these grace notes might should be closer than a 64th. Don't need them being any more frames away than they need to be.
I think from what I have said, you can figure how to improve the rest of your file ... more of that pianoy stuff, so..

[+.] タ Correspondances Illumit馥s / nois-or-e
// Most everything I thought could be improved was something done consistently ... And some other little stuff.
2.67s: There's the same percussion here that you don't step that's at 9.53s. Maybe remove the 4ths after 9.53 and only keep the ones after 6.10s when that other sound echoes. Or, step the 4ths at 2.67s too, and make sure the 4th patterns to the percussion don't match the ones at 6.10s.
12.74s: Move the 8th to a down arrow, to not share an arrow with the 4th before and after.
The clap at 14.67s is on every other 4th, but only jumped on the first one. I don't think adding the jumps at like 15.53s would be too much, but at least they're ignored consistently now.
There's a soft percussion sound like at 14.78s and 15.64s that you can step, but it's ignored consistently, so hm.
The percussion sounds on the 16ths at 14.99s and 15.21s &c. are the same, so you should have a ACBC pattern with the steps instead of minijacks in all the patterns like this. All the unnecessary minijacks are a turn-off.
The minijack at like 15.74s is fine, but there are a lot more instances of the minijacks mentioned above that should be changed.
21.53・2.81s: The two 8ths shouldn't share an arrow with the jump between them or with the single fourth at 21.53s. The white notes are placed fine.
23.38s: The 64th should be a 192nd earlier, and on left or right, sharing a note with the 4th instead of the 8th.
24.96・7.96s: Same thing about the second clap and the minijacks and the soft 16th percussion here.
28.82・9.10s: The soft notes are stepped inconsistently here. It's a little odd putting the jump to the bass when there are other notes that are louder.
39.6s: Doesn't need to be a jump.
41.67・2.10s: Shouldn't be hands.
42.53s: Same as 24.96s.
44.67s: These are more reasonable as hands, but you might want to reconsider if they're necessary. Don't need to be creating a minijack with the jump on the bass.
45.53s and 45.96s should either both be jumps or singles.
46.39s, 50.24s: Same as 24.96s.
48.10s: Just do singles here, please. The jumptrill is silly.
56.67・7.53s: Step the other sounds here instead of having jumps.

[pass] Abyssal / DossarLX ODI and icontrolyourworld
#OFFSET:-2.260;
Passed this one to TC_Halogen, because he can actually play at that speed and could judge a file like this fairly.

[+] Alpha Device / leonid
// Hm, not much to do in this track... It's all stepped fine, except that sixteenth stuff at like 50.10s is really vague. It's nice having the variation, but it just doesn't all feel right.
Need to do one of the following to make the majority of the file on-sync (the arrows are 25 ms late starting at 24.4s):
1. Make the offset -0.809 and step the opening fourths as off-beat.
2. Somewhere between 21.6s and 24.4s, create a stop of -0.025 in the .sm file.
3. Put a 185 BPM at 24.4s when the file starts up, and make the BPM 186.775 at the last 4th of the intro (or some other variant.)

[-] Back to the Kitchen / TheEvilHobo
// Very uninteresting track ... The same synth stuff and bass throughout almost the whole thing ...
First play through, I couldn't follow the jumps at the beginning. I see now that they go to the bass and another percussion, but maybe you can make the jumps more relevant, because right now it's a little random. There are a lot of unnecessary two- and three-note jacks ...
Around 9.03s and such, I can't hear a sound these 16ths go to that's specific to these notes.
The trill at 17.44s doesn't work well. You can hear a higher-pitched that comes in, and doesn't start out that fast.
Nothing about all this 16th stream makes me feel like I'm actually playing to the music; all I can feel from it is the bass that you jump.
And maybe it shouldn't be straight 16ths? You can feel a rhythm in that synth sound that you're stepping to...
This 16th stream is literally over half the track, and it needs a lot of work.
The section that starts 48.04s has really inconsistent steps to the softer percussion ...
You could have really shown you knew what you were doing at 45.64 when the bass goes away, but you just fill the section with rolls and runningmen.
This section that starts at 61.24s, the jump trill in the intro should only be four notes long. There's no bass on the last 4th. And because the bass gets softer, you might could unlayer the 16ths and the 8th.

[+] Beware the Purple Water / TC_Halogen
// I really don't like this track as a remix, because it starts out with the exact same melodies and then goes into some crazy irrelevant solo, but whatever.
// The layering is good and the patterns are relevant. The music has those weird rhythms with all the 16ths, but they're stepped well.
77.36s: Don't think you need to ignore the melody synth thing here.
81.80s: Here, I hear a XXXxX pattern, so having a jack there is odd when it doesn't sound like there should be an arrow on 82.13s.
96.02s: These are hard to hit, haha, but if you can do them fine even with the polyrhythm, then alright.
134.25s: Oh man, layering in the 12ths in the 24th then the 32nd stream .. heheh.
I'd say that 181.36 and like beats could be a hand, but the sounds are also at the end of that 32nd stream so, haha, no hand needed there.
And in this section, I'm not sure if it's completely necessary to ignore the percussion completely ...
183.13s: Heheh, this 32nd thing is a little crazy. And it seems like all I'm doing is pointing out the hard things. oop.

[-] Black Apple / megamon88
#OFFSET:0.020;
// Really repetitive track... Only takes 98 seconds to get to something different, but even then it's still the same. There's no fun factor.
// Seriously. Cut the heck outta this or find a better track to step. I can't accept this.
Does the melody really need to be all jumps like this? That just shoots yourself in the foot, because you can't layer over it if you don't want to use hands. But I guess there isn't much layering to do if the clap and melody aren't ever on the same beat and there's just the soft percussion in between... so never mind.
11.22s, 20.67s, 30.42s are all the same sound, but the first one is stepped differently. .
Some off-beat rhythms are off like 16.47s and 18.72s, but I guess it's not much of a problem when the difference is less than a frame ...
57.12s: Some of your buzz rolls like this one cause a 16th minijack, so you should start your roll on the arrows of the ending jump, even when it splits the rolls.
64.62s, 74.22s, etc.: Don't do three-arrow chains like these.
98.37s: This is a new section, but the steps feel exactly the same. Bluuhh.

[?] Creature at the Mill / hi19hi19
#BPMS:0=152.000,118=159.014,119=165.375,120=116.134,121=139.205,122=154.561;
#OFFSET:1.536;
// Some layering feels rhythmically inaccurate, and some feels like too much for the music.
There's bass that comes in at 3.20s that is ignored (apparent by the layering being the same at 0.04s), but this bass is more prominent than the fact that there's a percussion and another instrument at the two 8ths like 0.44s where you have a hand.
0.44s and 1.23s don't feel like they should be hands, because the main melody is not on them.
The first 8th, 0.24s, only has that main melody on it, but you're layering the main melody as jumps, which leaves less room for the more layering that can be done at 3.20s with the bass.
The notes at 1.62s are actually swung 24ths, not 16ths.
Because of the bass, the section starting at 6.36s is the most confusing.
The jump at 6.56s doesn't seem to have a purpose. If It's layering the thing that's making 16ths, then that's unnecessary.
The jumps at 7.35s and 8.93s feel odd because it goes to a gradual increase in volume of the instrument, ending in the loudest note, but it's still just the one note and doesn't make sense as a jump when there are bass notes before it that can be layered.
In 7.74s・.33s, I hear 16ths more prominently in the two slots they aren't there than in the one you have stepped.
The jump at 9.32s goes to nothing at all and should be removed.
With how you were using hands earlier, why not use one at 9.52s where the crash is?
11.88s sounds like it could use a jump more than 11.49s.
Not sure if the jack at 12.68s is really necessary, even if it is technically accurate. If you want to layer it all in, maybe have it be like ABBBABBB, moving the first note out of the jack because it's more emphasized or something.
I don't think you really need to layer in all of 12.68s・8.99s, because the next section has another instrument come in that makes it all louder than the previous section. Having the previous section thickly layered takes away from that.
Only 12.68s and 15.83s should be hands in the first section, so remove a 4th from where the 48ths are to not have pseudo-hands.
The sound for the 16th at 23.82s is actually earlier; should be a 24th. The second 16th there can be removed.
Maybe layer 26.09s・6.89s a little more. The crash could use a hand. Especially if the three notes at 29.65s are all going to be hands.
The trill at 26.89s is also swung 24ths, instead of 16ths.
The trill at 28.46s is unnecessary; sounds like it would be a hold.
Same all as before in the repeat of the chorus.
The BPM speeds up a little at 46.62s. Try 159.014 at that beat and 165.375 at the next beat, then you can either have the next beat at 135.11 to keep the beat at 47.80 on the same spot (and have the final notes be off-beat) or have the BPM at 47.36s be 116.134 and on the next beat (where there's now a percussion sound) be 139.205. On this loud note, the BPM can be 154.561 and the final note will be on-beat. (These are the values I listed at the top.)
Also with the BPM changes, the final note of the last stream is on a 16th instead of the 4th as you have it.
(As you have it, 48.20 is too early. The grace note is on 48.268s and the loud sound is at 48.312s. Then there's a final note at 49.09s.)

[-] CHOCOBREAKS / I like it
// PR is non-existent, jump inconsistencies, wrong/missing arrows ...
There are only four pitches in the bass melody at the beginning, so there really is only one answer here. Hint: This isn't it.
4.45s: The same four pitches repeat here.
6.55s: You don't need to ignore the last two notes of the bass here.
6.85・.65s: There are four pitches here. Hint: You have 7.45s on 4, but it's actually the lowest pitch and should be on 1.
8.05s and 8.65s are actually the same pitch and should be on the same arrow unless you think the fact that the second note is held longer makes it different enough.
9.10s is actually the same pitch as 9.48s (the 16th), not 9.70s. Your 2x232 pattern is good, though.
9.55s and 99.85s: Same thing with 8.05s that these two are the same pitch but different note lengths.
10.30・1.05s: This is the first phrase that has more than four pitches. The most obvious PR issue is that the notes around the 16th should not be on the same arrow, because the pitches are ascending this time.
11.65・5.85s: Same pitches repeated here.
16.45s: I suppose it's fine you start ignoring the main melody here, because you ignore it when the percussion comes in, and it works well as a transition, but it's odd because of how much more difficult the next part is.
16.90s, 17.50s and 19.30: The 8th beats are actually higher-pitched than the 4ths, so the 8ths should be to the right of them.
23.20s: These pitches start descending.
23.65s, 24.25s, and 24.85s should all be minijacks with the eighth after (and you're missing the eighth on the last one). They're the same pitch in the melody.
26.35-26.80s: The first 16th should be removed. The middle four beats should make a minitrill, and the first and last beats should be on the same arrow.
28.60s: If you're going to have the long jack before the percussion section starts, you can make these three 8ths a jack, because they go to the same sound.
29.05s: Finish your roll.
30.10s: The notes here are 64ths from the 8th to the 4th, so I'd suggest 32nds here so the burst can be the correct length without having too many arrows.
32.65s: More 64ths, another unfinished roll. You have a 16th minijack here which, at 200 BPM, isn't very pretty. And that pattern makes it look like the second roll starts on the 16th, which it doesn't.
34.90s and 35.05s: The bass you put jumps to sounds on these notes, too.
35.05・5.58s: Excluding the bass, there are only two percussion sounds here, so that pattern should be more relevant. Also, you missed the last 16th.
35.73s: Remove the 16th; there's no percussion sound here.
37.53s: Missed a 16th here.
37.67s: The percussion does 32nds here, no faster.
39.25s: You step this big jumptrill thing here, but you don't jump any of the 16th patterns to that percussion before this. Odd inconsistency.
41.05・1.58s: There are no percussion sounds here on the 16ths in the trill. And the 8ths don't all go to the same percussion and shouldn't all be on the same arrow.
41.65・2.18s: The first two 16ths go to the same percussion sound and should be on the same arrow, and the last two don't go to any sound and should be removed.
42.55s: Finish your roll and don't cause 16th minijacks.
43.30s: Same as 41.05s. And this 16th minijack is doubleplus-unnecessary because there's no sound there.
44.65s: This jump goes to a clapish sound you haven't been jumping at all, so either remove it or add the jump to 44.95s for a little more consistency.
45.25・6.45s: The first notes are singles to a sound you've been jumping, and the 12ths are jumps to a sound you've been putting singles too. A little odd here. And you don't put the jump at 47.35s that has the same percussion as the 12ths.
50.05s: This last pattern is a little awkward being after that trill. Also complete the roll to the 8th.

[?] Chopsticks! / YOSHl
// Oof, I feel awful about not looking at this when you sent it to me back in like March. And then I didn't get around to it and didn't even say anything else to you ... If you would still like my help with syncing this and whatever else, please pester me on FFR or through IM until I work with you through it.
// For the sync, I try to point out all the arrows at least 33ms off, because those are the ones most likely to end up on the wrong frame. There are more areas that can be touched up, but yeah.
You seem to have lost the first note somehow.
I'd kinda like to see how this file would work without all the chords getting auto-jumped at the beginning, because you can't do any more layering if you don't want to use hands.
7.62s: The transitional 12ths should be the reverse of the ones at 6.092s, because they are the same two chords mirrored.
8.12s・1.94s: There's no single pitch that's being played throughout this section, so the long jack should be split somehow.
20.05・4.78s: All these grace notes and white arrows are more closely following the keytaps (what sounds like a computer keyboard) instead of the piano, and I don't know if that's what you want to be doing here, because the computer keyboard is not supposed to be the main instrument.
Especially if you want these to go to the piano, you need to look over all the patterns again. Note: On ddream, when you use the wave filter, it's the keytaps and not the piano that's more noticeable in red.
29.58s: Make this jump (13) so you're not continuing a jack on the 2.
33.28s: There's no sound on this middle note, though there is one after the next one.
33.93s: Some of these patterns aren't just straight rhythms: they're swung. So this middle note should be a little closer to the next note.
34.61s: Same as 33.28s.
35.12s: Remove this 48th and add a note between the 24th and 12th on the piano sound.
35.91s: Missing the third note around here.
36.45・7.12s: These notes are all too early.
37.61s, 37.66s: Remove these two notes. (the 24th and the white note before it). Yes, there are four notes in the last burst there, but the 24th is too early.
51.52s: These two jumps are more than a frame earlier than the piano notes.
55.58・8.60s: Oh good, you fixed this. But change the jump at 55.41s to anything other than (12) because they're not the same chord.
58.60s: Should be a single note, and the 48th jump should be on the previous 12th.
62.78s: The pitches here for the next three measures go 1234/2345 etc. so 1234/2341/3412/4123/1234/2341/341 would be PR, for example. The pattern starts on the 32nd right after the beat, not on the beat as your steps show.
Also in this section, because the performance isn't perfect, some notes like the 32nd at 64.85s are over a frame off from the sound they should go to.
It will be easier to sync correctly when you fix the pattern, so you're listening for the right notes. The piano before the jumps is easier to hear than the first part, so working backwards will help.
70.49・2.78s: This section is a little funky.
73.23s: There is a piano note on the 32nd here.
75.28s: Having these 16ths be 1212 makes it look like they're a part of the pattern that starts at 75.95, but it's not.
75.53s, 76.03s: Even though there should be, there's no high piano note here, so the 32nd can be removed. The 32nd on 3 between the above notes can be a 4 now.
80.56s: There's a fair amount of variation in these bursty patterns, but the first four are all stepped as 3431. The first one is a descending note pattern of three notes, so remove the white one.
81.82s: These pitches are lower than the next group's, so the pattern should be changed accordingly.
83.10s: These pitches are the most suited for 3431.
84.07s: These are also lower-pitched, so move them to whatever pattern you change 81.82s to. Also, the fourth arrow is actually where the third sound is. The second sound is between the 64th and 32nd, with the fourth note being near a 16th.
84.73s: This arrow is two frames too late.
84.86s: The fourth arrow of this pattern is almost two frames too early.
85.56s: I don't hear a sound for the fourth arrow this time.
86.34s: This roll is fine after 86.66s, but the 4th arrow is a little early, and the next three arrows should be in 86.486・6.614s. (So right now, your first 48th is 57ms early)
89.43s: This 48th is two frames early, and the next 24th is one frame early.
90.67・1.31s: Listen to these notes closer...
92.62, 92.69s; 93.09, 93.17s: I don't hear these four arrows. (all 24th and 16th)
93.78, 93.91s: Or these. (48th and 16th)
96.31s: Huh ... you have a BPM change on the 12th, right where the sound is, but you put the hand on the prior 32nd.
97.73s: This note is really hard to hear at 100%; maybe make it a single (and not a jack)?
99.14s: Having these notes so close together all be jumps is kinda silly. Also, the 64th and 48ths are both at least a frame too early. With this sync, having them be a 8th and 12th would be fine.
100.38s: There are also three sounds here, not just two. 12th-8th-12th would also work here, though the 8th would be a little early.
100.70s: The trill starts 24ms later, and the third note of it is 47ms later than where you have it (the 16th).
Right where you have the 32nd at 101.19s is actually the seventh note of the trill, but it's the eighth arrow in your steps (not counting grace notes, which would be obnoxious to step here). But there should be four more arrows after the one I just mentioned, as you have. (These arrows are just a little early.)
105.86s: There are some early notes in the parts before this, but these three jumps starting here are definitely more than a frame too early.
111.02s: The piano does an ABABB (each letter being six 16ths), so change the trill patterns at 111.66s and 112.63s to reflect that.
114.34s: I only hear one note here on the 4th. And you don't need to make it a quad.
117.39s: Having this white note on the 4th would be fine. Having more control with sync with ddream, you don't need to use off-beat notes so much.
It's a little silly having everything between be white in this next section. I think that makes it harder to read. And like, the white note at 120.75 's sound is on the 4th, and the 4th's sound at 121.34s is a 96nd later. And then you go back to normal color at 125.97s, even though it's still the same stuff. So that white is unnecessary.
131.76s and 132.07s should not be jumps. The first three fourths have bass, and 132.37s are obviously chords, but those eighths are neither.
133.89s and 134.04s are the same chord and should be on the same arrows. And again, unlayer those two eighths.
137.22s is a prominent chord, different from the 4th before it, so it should not be lost in a jump-jack like that. Maybe unlayer a note from 137.37 because there's no melody there.
139.65s: Same as above with this 8th. And then the 8th at 139.96s shouldn't be on the same arrows as the next 4th.
144.65s: Stream ends here, so remove the next three arrows.
147.36・48.93s: These arrows are all around 25ms too early.
151.48s: On these rolls, it does start out as 32nds and get faster, so maybe you could do 24ths and then 32nds to show the change in speed? And then it would end on the beat. Also, the 8th between the two rolls is 40ms early.
156.21s: Got a long one-hand trill here that isn't PR and should be changed.
157.75s: The 16ths don't sound like they should all be on the right. 158.04 and 158.23s sound different than the next two yellows.'
158.23s: This 16th is 40 ms early and the notes get too off until the 16th at 158.81s, and the following 4th is fine.
160.78s: You can jump the chord here like you do the next time.
162.06s: The bass in on the 8ths, so you can listen to them to help sync. The notes at 162.43s・64.84s all get like 20 to 55ms too early.
165.25s: I only hear, at most, one grace note to these sounds here. Having three notes for these chords is silly.
172.90・76.87s: The notes here, too, are all too early. These two mini-jumpjacks at the beginning, the first notes' sounds are actually right between the two arrows. Also, the second one doesn't make a jack that fast.
177.67s: Not sure why you stopped layering at this one.
Not really going to look into the accuracy of the stream here ... but he jumps at 180.17s 181.81s shouldn't be the same.
184.4s: I don't really start to hear any notes that would go to the stream until here ... The higher-pitched ones. The low ones are hard to hear.

[+] Clash on the Big Bridge / hi19hi19
The BPM after the intro should be 170.027. (Because the track is so long, the milliseconds do make a difference.)
// I don't think we really need another long Big Bridge file, but because this one is easy, at least it's not the exact same thing again. But I don't know if a long easy file of a track we already have three of will be the most exciting thing.
// You could probably cut some of it. Certainly the nearly 20-second intro is unnecessary. 45.20・6.25s is all just repeated right after at 79.08s...
// I really do like this file. The PR is good at it all flows well one-hand, except for the 12th streams ... Maybe ask someone who plays one-hand well if those patterns are okay.
74.14s. 108.01s, 220.94s: Remove this 4th.
112.95s: Because you do have these jumps here, you can afford to jump some more of the following fourths for layering.

[?] Clematis / 00Razor00
// Starts out okay, gets too-difficultishly wubby, PR isn't great, percussion gets lost, ends not so okay.
6.36s: You seem to just be layering the bass, so this doesn't need to be a pseudo-jump.
8.02・.69s: The 4343 thing isn't PR.
14.86s: Should be on 4 with how close in pitch it is to 13.86s, and it's higher pitched than 15.36s.
18.02s: Should be on 3: same pitch as 18.52s.
18.69・1.36s: All could use more PR.
40.02s: You start to step the clicky thing here, but then you don't again at the 42.69s part.
69.86s: The roll is missing its 4th.
71.23s: This first 32nd doesn't go to the clicky sound the second one does and can be removed.
77.19s: A little missed percussion here.
80.02s: Was pretty nice up until here when you start stepping all this wubby stuff. A lot of this is just really bad.
82.19s: Like there's barely even a wub sound here, so it should just be 16ths.
84.02s: This 48th roll is silly.
86.36s: You really don't need any more than three 16ths here.
87.90s: This is difficult to follow.
96.02・17.36s: Because this is supposed to be the piano section, maybe you could layer some chords in?
96.69s: This is a higher pitch and should be on 4. 97.19s is a lower pitch and shouldn't be on 4.
99.02・9.94s: Iffy PR here.
101.77s: There's no piano note on this 16th, and the next 8th shouldn't be on the same arrow as the prior 4th.
102.69s, 105.36s: These 3/16ths should actually be 2/12ths.
104.19s: Got three 8ths in a line here, but they shouldn't be. The pitches aren't like that.
110.02s: Missed a note here, and again the 3/16ths should be 2/12ths.
113.02s: Same pitch as the next 8th and should be on the same arrow, with the last 4th being on a different one.
115.27s: Missed a piano note here.
117.36s: Your stepping to the percussion gets a lot more inconsistent from here on.
137.36s: This is silly. The turn is obnoxious.

[+.] CmR / hi19hi19
#OFFSET:-0.147;
// Mostly just needs some PR work.
The single notes in the beginning are different pitches so they shouldn't all be 4s. Perhaps make the first jump (34) and the third (24) and have the second single note be 3.
12.15・2.75s: The pitches on the 8ths go up here.
In this next section, I'm fine with the 4th and 16th being on the same arrow even though they're not the same pitch, but the pitches of 21.75・6.55s aren't the same as 26.55・1.35, so the patterns should be different.
35.55s: The 4th is the same pitch as the 16th before it, so try 4x34.
39.90s: The two 16ths are the same pitch and should be on the same arrow. Take into consideration the pitch of these 16ths is higher than the next 32nd/16th.
40.88・4.96s is all good.
64.96s: Even though I can see how the jumps here are technically correct, they feel off from the flow of the file. Try removing the jump on the 4th, because the bass isn't layering with the melody.
67.66s: Jump should be on the 16th instead of the 8th.
69.01s: Don't need to ignore the background 16th here; adding it won't break the flow, and adding it would be more consistent anyway.
73.05, 74.26s: Bass note on the 8ths here.
74.56・7.76s is good.
88.36s: The pitches of the two 16th patterns are different, so there shouldn't be a four-note-long 8th jack.
128.72s: See 39.90s.

[+.] Colorful Course / kjwkjw
// The repetition in the track kinda gets obnoxious. The file's mostly good, though.
2.13・.16s is all just two chords, but this is fine if you think the variation is necessary.
12.44s: These jumps shouldn't be on the same arrows as the previous blue note, though, because this has the bass added to it.
14.41s: Don't hear a 16th here.
28.95s: There is a note here between these 16ths, but you don't have to add it, because the note itself is not very audible, but you can tell the difference between this and the other 16th things.
30.63s: You can consider removing the 4ths like this one where there's no sound to the melody.
48.63s: Missed the 16ths here.
56.13s: In this new section, when you ignore the 16ths to the percussion, it makes me confused as how all the 8ths between the melody are supposed to work. Maybe do something to make the 8ths seem less like filler?
62.13s: The jumpstream in this section is pretty smooth, good. And I can sense some PR.
74.04s: Can put a 16th here, 'cause there's an obvious percussion thing.
74.13s: The 16ths in this whole section here kinda need to be looked at again... Try adding/removing notes around and see if you can find patterns that work better ... Having a note at a soft sound does make you want to hear it more, so playing through with notes removed will help you feel if some of the extra notes are necessary. Like, try removing the 16th at 76.29s and adding the one at 76.48s. Stuff like that. A lot of this section is fine, but it won't hurt to look over it again.
79.19s (91.19s): Jump here to the melody instead of at 79.57s (91.57s).
98.13・21.01s is all repeat, so same stuff applies there.
123.63s, 125.13s, &c.: Jump to that guitar sound thing you're layering here.
124.57s: This could be a minijack with the 16th after it, so you may as well step that if you're gon'na have all those minijacks later.
142.85s: Would work better as a triplet like at 136.85s.
147.62s: And it's basically all repetition for the last minute, so same stuff.

[+.] Crash Up Against the Inevitable / Xayphon
#OFFSET:-2.055;
// Hm, in the .sm file, the MP3 link is missing the single quotes from the title, so I had to edit those in for the .sm to find the .mp3 in ddream.
// I did like most of the patterns, but some were a little odd. Also, hand usage is a little crazy and doesn't always emphasize the right stuff.
6.67s, 10.74s, 14.84s: I'd say these notes should be a 3 because it's on the same pitch as the up arrow before it, but being on 4 differentiates it from notes like 4.10s ... you can decide if you want to change that.
17.63s: This rolls like this are kinda odd-looking, but of course anything too accurate would be too many arrows, so yeah, they work.
24.52s: Are all these 16th hand-jacky things like this completely necessary?
25.03・4.73s: Glad you didn't try to step these buzz sounds right after the hands. I really like the patterns in this section.
107.75s: I think you can replace the 24th and 48th with a 32nd and remove the 12th here.
108.58s: The 32nd should be here instead of at 108.71s.
109.54s: This is a little messy. That stray 48th makes it more awkward.
127.03s, 135.20s: Couldn't these be fine as jumps and not hands?
135.84s: This note is much more deserving of a hand than the ones around the 32nds.
143.37・44.01s: This thing here, this is really difficult to hit.
146.05・49.50s: Layering in this section is particularly weird.
177.46s: These jumps shouldn't share arrows with the notes around them, so like make this one (13) and have 179.50s, 189.71s, &c. be (14)

[+.] Creative Happy / MrPopadopalis25
// There's mostly just tiny problems here, and the file flows well. A little more layering work can be done.
// Biggest nag is just those 12th hands at the beginning and the jumpstream at 14.38s.
7.80s: Can remove this 16th because there's no noticeable percussion sound here. You can kinda hear the one at 8.13s, but removing it would make the arrows to the more prevalent percussion sound more obvious.
8.05・.05s: You really don't need to be this strict with layering. The bass itself isn't really deserving of hands. They're fine on the crashes in the opening, but like 8.05s and 8.38s are too much. Even though the 12ths are crashes, having them all hands is just silly. Like, there's no melody layered there like there was before.
9.55・0.38s All have the melody and that other sound, except for 9.72s which doesn't have the melody. So they can all be jumps given your layering, but you may want to unlayer the one at 9.72s.
14.38s: Don't think you need to jump to all the bass in the stream here; just the melody would be fine.
18.38-19.72s: The hands could use some PR.
29.72s: At least unlayer this jump here where there's no melody. I can understand the jump at 30.05, but you can try removing an arrow from it.
49.69s: Especially if you're going to do the minijacks when it's at 180 BPM, there's no reason not to make this 16th a minijack to the bass with the hand.
51.38s: Move the up arrow to a down. There's no three-note jack in the melody, so that's weird like that.
55.88s: This section is kinda silly. You strictly jump to the bass, even when the bass is the only note there, and you fill in every 4th, which takes away from the melody. You didn't auto-jump the bass in the slow section before this. Just think that'll work better here.
72.21s: This note is emphasized enough to be a jump.
72.96s: Maybe remove this 16th? It sounds like that percussion starts louder on the 8th, and removing it would make the previous 16th more obviously going to that not-percussion sound.
78.88・6.88s: It's odd that you start jumping the synth here and not the piano, even though it is still playing. Maybe put jumps to both or do a layering thing where it's only a jump if both are sounding?
100.71s, 101.88s: Wouldn't hurt to add jumps to the piano on these two beats, either.

[+] Cutthroat / TC_Halogen
// I really can feel all the notes being relevant to the percussion ... well, on 0.9x, when I can actually play it, but yeah. A few messy sections.
8.96s: Probably should ignore the buzz sound here (remove the 48th) and only have two white notes after the fourth instead of three.
10.37s: Don't need this 8th.
13.9s: Doesn't have the bass the other two hands have, so could just be a jump.
17.33s: Try removing the down arrow from this hand so it doesn't continue the trill.
19.20s: This beat has a sound you've been jumping, same sound as 18.06 and 18.48s.
25.91s: This looks kinda messy.
29.77s: Don't have the third jump share an arrow with the two before it; totally different percussion sounds.
30.48s: Especially here, because the next two arrows are continuing the same jack.
44.91s, 48.34s: The 32nds here causing the 3/32nd minijacks might make playing those a little weird?
73.91s, 76.20s: These rolly things start getting confusing to me ... haha. The first one of those having the jumps right after the roll, the second one having one-hand trills and a turn all in white ... urp.
It's a little long of a wait at the end there.

[-] Dark Random 1 / condoct
#BPMS:0.000=120.000;
#OFFSET:-0.028;
// This is all kinda messy, sorry. Needs more PR and consistency and all that.
0.00, 4.03s, &c.: The first four jumps are all the same pitch and should be on the same arrows.
0.53, 1.28s, &c: Should put a single note to the percussion between the jumps.
7.78s: Missed note to the bass.
12.03・6.03s Missed notes to percussion, random jump patterns.
16.03・0.03s: None of these 16ths go to actual notes.
In the 16th stream, the jumps need to be more consistently relevant to the guitar.
Don't know what to say about the 16th stream itself because it just goes to all the same sound with no variation.
The 32nds are unnecessary. I can kinda hear the one at 25.97s, but not the one after it.
28.03s: The jump should not share an arrow with the jack before it, because the percussion sound is not there.
Same stuff about the PR and stream and whatever here too.
35.28s: The snare has three hits and should be visible in the steps with a three-note jack.
This whole section doesn't match the percussion very well.
The second 16th of the bass (e.g. 37.19) is always ignored, but should be stepped, maybe with removing the 4th between them.
The jumps in this last section have no clear focus.
The final jack shouldn't be there. Track is cut abruptly.

[?] Das Ist Muzik / _.Spitifre._
// That was ... ouch. No fun to listen to, no fun to play, a lot of repetition ...
// It'd be easier to look through and suggest ways to make it better if it didn't kill my ears.
// Sections with lots of missing notes, patterns that are obnoxious and grating ...
// Some of the patterns aren't as hard as they could be (which is good), and some rhythms are fine, but that doesn't make up for the rest of it.

[-] Deranged / justin_ator
// 1. This music is gross. 2. What. 3. I hope you're not surprised.
You go straight from the barely-any-notes to the melody to layering it all into 16th stream, totally ignoring percussion .. that's kinda eh.
The 16th stream doesn't seem to go to anything except the fact that there's a hi-hat every 16th. It's not relevant to the other percussion. That's silly.
41.41s: Now you're just jumping all the percussion that isn't the 16ths so, ... eh. Same stuff repeating until 66.23 ...
67.26・1.89s: No. This is just ... no.
92.72s・44.85s: And this is all just repetition.

[-] Dove / leonid
#OFFSET:1.058;
// Huh, this is a really interesting track. I like this song, buutt not the steps so much.
// Should use easier steps, I think, to match the feel better. Because right now, it's much too uneven, with the slow easy sections that go to the vocals, but then there are 32nd and 24th rolls ...
Everywhere: Those 64ths to the percussion really are just 8ths.
If you want to make it easier, for the intro and like-sections, just remove those 48ths.
22.93s: These notes don't start off as being distinguishable.
44.11s: It's weird when you don't fill in any of the percussion in the previous area, and then you layer lyric notes right on the percussion.
52.23s: Should have the jump on the 8th like before, and remove that 64th.
58.58s: I barely hear any of this stuff...
71.17s: The 32nd grace note on this percussion is even sillier than the 48ths.
77.99s: This is a mess.
84.70s: The strings sound is so weak it doesn't feel like these should all be jumps.
89.99s: wub wub, I don't hear why these 16ths should be stepped.
103.40s: More ghost notes, at the beginning and end of this 16th stuff.
111.17s: You can keep the first part of this if you want to make the whole thing a harder file, but after 112.58s, it gets too soft.

[+] Dr. Mario. Pt. 1 / woker-x
// Is there a part two? With how short this is, they could be combined.
// The jumps are good, going consistently with the percussion. Steps are accurate to the lyrics and percussion, it all flows well.
4.30s: This is the only time you step this sound in the opening, so you should probably remove it here to not confuse.
8.32s: Maybe make this arrow white so it matches the next two white arrows to this sound.

[+?] Drops of Water / 00Razor00
#OFFSET:1.057;
// The rolls and jump-jacks are what make the difficulty in the file, but both are silly. The other stuff isn't so bad.
// That percussion sure does repeat a lot.
These long wubs at the beginning aren't actual notes, so the two-beat 32nd rolls are unnecessary.
6.05s: And these half-beat wubs would be better as full-beat 12ths.
20.85s: Notes here aren't emphasized enough for a jump.
32.86s: Makes no sense avoiding 8th minijacks with this pattern when they're the same percussion, but you have all those three-note 16th jump-jacks to sounds that aren't even all the same. The sound that does the jack for the 8th and 16th is not emphasized on the 4th. So do an ABA or AAB pattern with these. Avoiding 16th jacks completely would be nice, but if you think those first two notes need to be on a jack (even though you don't step the minijack at 24.66s), at least don't have the 4th be a part of it.
54.06・6.06s: This is stepped fine.
66.86・2.47s: Same stuff about all the wubs.
98.08s: Stepped the percussion instead of the two-beat wubs here, so maybe do that for the whole thing?
105.25・10.46s: There's nothing special about every other wub here. I'd say any bursts here wouldn't feel right.
Last wub is too soft to roll.

[+.] Eight / MrPopadopalis25
#OFFSET:-0.281;
// If you cut the song at 92.16s, it'd be a nice slow easy file. And with all the eighth stuff gone, you wouldn't have to worry about how awkward it feels when the 16ths come in.
// Probably could use a PR tune-up even in places I didn't mention, like fixing repeated arrows that don't go to the same sound .. but it's not bad.
20.96・4.19s: The pitches here go BCDBABCA. So 23421231 would fit perfectly. 24.66s is the lowest note, though, so if you want to have that be on 1, the patterns before can fit to that, as long as there's a ABCA instead of BABC pattern as you have here.
24.66・6.53s: Highest pitched note of these is the second one, lowest is the fourth. BEDAC.
48.09s: Jump here for the layering you've been doing.
92.16s: Would be nice if the track just ended before this note, before it gets to the 8th stuff, because just the first part would make a good easier file.
109.50s, 124.50s: There aren't melody notes on these jumps and the eighth after, and you don't really start jumping the percussion until later, so remove these.
In the last section when you jump the percussion, there are some 8ths between 4ths that you can unlayer, because the percussion isn't as dominant. Ex. 147.23s.

[+.] Elektrik shiivers / noise-or-e
// The stream is mostly good, but look over minijack usage again. Unlayer that sped-up section and fix the sync.
22.62s: These four 16ths should be two separate minijacks.
The notes get off by about a 96th of a beat (about 25 ms) by 28.33s. If at 7.31s, you make the BPM 100, it works until the last 16th before the speed up. The BPM will need to be 85.631 at the 16th.
28.93s: The speed up is totally over-layered. Also, this section is a little off-beat and has some grace notes. You could sync it if you like, but I guess it's fine averaged, because 31.31s is on-beat.
31.31s: The BPM should probably be just 100 here too.
Also in this section, you're inconsistently putting minijacks to the percussion. Compare 32.50s, 34.90s, 37.30s.
43.30s: Jump on the fourth here?
I don't get the jump usage in the final off-beat section. Compare 52.01s and 58.03s.

[+?] Epicity / ScarletSky
#OFFSET:-0.150;
//There are some spots where the notes offset and you need either BPM changes or stops to fix. This happens when a static-BPM track is unevenly cut.
// It just generally may be better to change the patterns around at times so one hand isn't always doing more work.
// The file plays pretty fine, but there is a lot of stuff that can be tuned up.
9.52s: This is at 240 BPM, so you should be more careful of unnecessary minijacks like the one here.
46.90s: missed a note.
52.15s: Can put jumps on the three notes like you did in the first part of the section.
63.02s: Another jack pattern that should be avoided.
65.40s: No reason not to step the 12ths here.
65.56s: After this note, the next note isn't on beat. Two options, 1. make a stop of -0.170 between the 8th and the 4th, 2. make the BPM 282.632 at the 8th and 240 again on the next 4th. The later beats become offset only in insignificant amounts, so this is the only fix necessary.
65.64s: Keep the first 16th, remove the next two.
66.14s, 68.14s, &c.: Instead of mini-jumpjacks, you should do an AB ABA AB or AB BAB BA-ish pattern. (Also, you missed the note at 66.64s, &c.)
70.15s: Somewhere in this section you should start layering in the gaps more.
83.26s, 90.26s, 90.76s, etc.: Add these 8ths to the kick sound thing.
83.44s, 91.44s, 93.82s: Remove these 16ths. Also, avoid the minijacks in this area except for the one at 97.00s which actually goes to something.
96.44s: Missed a 16th.
97.63s: Go ahead and put a jump here to the guitar; it won't disturb the 16th stream. You might find other instances like this.
103.76s: Either remove these two eighths (even though they go to the guitar) or change their arrow, because the percussion the first two eighths also go to isn't here.
111.51s: Same in this section, except only this 8th goes to the percussion, so have this note be a 3.
134.13s: Don't really like these jack things like this, but I can't really argue with them.
149.19s: These 16ths are not audible as separate notes and can be removed.
152.63s: These patterns should be 12ths and 24ths instead of 32nds. (Note: even with the sync fixes I mentioned explicitly, the beat is 3 ms late here, and the difference between a 32nd and 24th here is 10 ms. One frame on FFR is 33 ms.)
Remove the 16ths at 154.32s and 154.57s, change the patterns, add the 4th at the end of the stream.
156.63s: Got some more unnecessary minijacks here.
160.13s: Should be a minijack with the eighth before it to be PR with the guitar.
164.30s: Move this 12th to 2 to avoid an unnecessary one-handed minitrill.
166.88s, 167.88s: I don't hear any steppable sounds on these fourths, if you're just going to the guitar and the kick.
170.38s: If you're going to step jumps to the kick in the previous section even when there's no guitar layered (see 159.63s), then I don't know why you need to ignore the kick when it picks up here. If you don't want to step jumps in the stream, just put single notes to fill in the areas between the guitar solo.
172.42s: Move this 24th to the fourth above it, where the sound is.
175.88s: Fill in the sounds in this beat.
177.38・78.13s has more variation than is apparent in the steps.
180.63s: Double-check these 24th rhythm things.
186.13s: Consider changing the minijack jump patterns like at 66.14s; also, you can step the kicks here.
194.13s: In this whole section, it's confusing that you step the 16ths to the guitar which aren't as rhythmically obvious as the percussion which you start jumping at 210.88s.
210.88s, 213.88s, &c.: The percussion starts on the 4th, not the 24th.
214.21s: There no fifth note of percussion on this one, so remove the jump.
217.63s: Has percussion that you jump.
224.13s: These should also be 12ths. I imagine the confusion occurred because off the offset issues.
The final note doesn't need to be that late.

[+?] Failure / NetJet!
#BPMS:0.000=280.000; (or 140 or 70)
#OFFSET:1.898;
// I don't think this piece was written at 280 BPM. Having it all red is kinda silly.
// Except for some missing notes, the structure is fine, but the PR needs an overhaul.
// There's fair amount of repetition, so I'd suggestion doing a little cutting if it wasn't already only 80 seconds long...
2.60s: The first and fourth arrows are the same pitch, but this third arrow is not and should be on a different arrow.
7.75s: The first three arrows go to the same pitches as the next three, so this arrow should be the same as the third one.
10.11s: Of these four notes, two and four are the same pitch, with the first being higher and the third being lower, so something like 32...12 would be more PR.
15.47s: These next three pitches are like the last three of the four mentioned above, with the following two notes being higher this time.
17.83s: Therefore, these two notes should be on different arrows than the ones at 12.68s.
22.12s: When there are three (or more) of the same arrow in a row like this, even with that jump there, the PR gets killed, because you expect to hear the same pitches on those arrows. It's okay when there are a lot of jumps, but not like this. Look out for all the other instances of this.
26.62s: Missed the jump here. At 21.48s, you stepped this jump and ignored the two 4ths after it, though they're the same chords.
28.34s: Chords one and two are the same, but not two and four. And one and three are higher than two but lower than four.
29.41s: These last two chords should be different from the rest of the chords before it, because of the quality of the chords being different.
32.63s and 33.49s are on the same arrows and that's good, but then 34.34s and 34.77s should be on the same arrows, just different from the previous ones.
33.49s: The notes around here create another one of those jacks. Don't be afraid to ignore the "lower pitches on the left" rule at times like this. The two fourths around this jump would work well on 4, if you don't move these jumps. May have to change the patterns to keep it separate from the next jumps, as I mentioned above.
45.49s: Need to change the pattern of this repeat, because the pitches are not near the same as the first two and the two after it. Also of these five, the third arrow has a pitch the same as the one in the jump.
49.35s: These next two patterns need to be changed, too. And these two aren't the same pitches of each other.
54.50s, 59.65s, etc.: You don't need to leave out the single notes here.
59.00s: Shouldn't have a jack like that. Also the note with the 48th, you might could remove the 4th because though it's a chord, it doesn't have a bass note layered on it.
With everything I've said, you should be able to look over all the repeats of this melody and all the sections with the jump and figure how to improve the patterns.
Don't think you should have all the last measures be jumps like that.

samurai7694

{Evolution} Out Stage (rushyrulz) [?]

- 48th roll before measure 4 starts on the 4th note instead of 16th note and ends on the 8th note
- missing another 24th mini jack on the right arrow at the start of measure 4 and measure 28
- starting at measure 6, the layering becomes questionable
- measure 16, that whole breakdown section needs to be layered better
- mueasure 36, really overlayered
- synopsis: file needs a big fix, inconsistent layering, though at least most rhythms are correct

0 (piano version) (jimerax) [+]

- at first, it felt like a few rhythms were off (like measure 19) but I see you were just layering the melody
- nice flow of patterns, nice song choice as well
- synopsis: piano stepfiles like these are needed in FFR, I really liked it, as well as your notorious OMW v2 file hehe

A Correspondances Illumitees (nois-or-e) [+.]

- first thing I noticed, that jump is on the 0.101 second.
- the second note is on second 1.815 so I'm guessing it will come up at the same time that the READY text does
- don't know why you went from a 32nd note to a 12th in measure 6
- measure 29, intense jumptrill! it's accurate (checked it on a lower rate) though it might be deemed too intense for FFR
- synopsis: despite those minor issues, I actually enjoyed the file, patterns were simplistic. I'll lightly accept it.

Abyssal (DossarLX ODI & icontrolyourworld) [+?]

- why include hands all of a sudden in the section starting at measure 18?
- those notes at the end of measure 34 almost sound like ghost notes
- measure 81-112 holy crap lol
- I'm sure this will be rejected LOL could have been avoided if you layered the guitar and snare instead of the 16th kicks
- sypnopsis: not that I didn't like it, but I'd say at least fix it up a bit and save it for the hard songs batch

Alpha Device (leonid) [+]

- haha, I see what you're doing here, nice layering
- those 16ths in the blank spaces were a bit questionable at first but I can see what you're trying to layer
- in that case (stated above) you could have stepped them in the blank space in measure 82, imo
- synopsis: nice song choice, nice layering in the beginning.

Back to The Kitchen (TheEvilHobo) [+?]

- I kind of do AND don't like the layering at the same time
- imo those jumpstreams seem a bit much, although I see what you're trying to do
- for example, measure 8, those 16ths came out of nowhere.
- if you were trying to layer the hi hats, then they should have been layered everywhere else
- synopsis: I like the patterns, I'll give you that, and you have potential, but this needs a bit of fixing.

Beware the Purple Water (TC_Halogen) [++]

- synopsis: this file has flow written all over it, 'nuff said.

Black Apple (megamon88) [+?]

- misrhythm at measure 48
- measures 48 and 50, I hate that roll-to-jump pattern, but whatever
- synopsis: it was an okay file, nothing too great, really. minor fixes needed.

CastleCrashers - Creature at the Mill (hi19hi19) [+]

- haha good old hi19, while you're here why don't you submit Destiny for the hard songs batch?
- I like the song choice, and I guess copy-pasta is a part of your stepping style? hehe
- synopsis: cool orchestra song, like a movie soundtrack or something. layering was cool.

CHOCOBREAKS (I like it) [?]

- wtf those 32nd patterns are AIDS
- measure 36, I'm not sure about that 16th trill
- synopsis: even for a short song, the difficulty/layering is inconsistent imo and the patterns need work

Chopsticks! (YOSHI) [+?]

- I'm not 100% sure about the sync, but I know for sure it's not straight 24ths at measure 22
- synopsis: very nice file, patterns are fine, but check the rhythms and sync.

Clash on the Bridge (hi19hi19) [+]

- not much to say, but the melody made me feel nostalgic
- synopsis: nice slow and easy file, and an awesome song choice. length is a *bt* long though

Clematis (00Razor00) [?]

- rhythm/layering issues
- measure 64, no.
- section starting at measure 73, now it feels underlayered
- synopsis: I would suggest you make an easier chart out of this song

CmR (hi19hi19) [+]

- nice easy file, really liked the layering/PR in this
- synopsis: not much to say. I like the mellow piano song.

Colorful Course (kjwkjw) [+.]

- interesting song choice, first of all
- I feel like it's underlayered at the section starting at measure 10
- I like the jumpstream patterns hehe
- synopsis: I think it's alright, overall, though the song is just a bit long imo

Crash Up Against The Inevitable (Xayphon) [+]

- wow, I really like the flow in the slow 16th notes part
- bursts are simplistic
- synopsis: you surprised me with this file hehe. I really liked it, nice job.

Creative Happy (MrPopadopalis25) [+?]

- I feel as though there's a HUGE difficulty jump from the beginning to the start of measure 31 and from there on.
- synopsis: that beginning is overlayered imo. I'd suggest changing that to jumps at least, or maybe consider making a *slightly* easier chart

Cutthroat (TC_Halogen) [+.]

- eeeeeeeeeeeh that pattern at measure 62
- white notes galore
- intense 4th note ending bro
- synopsis: honestly, I like the challenge and the song itself, this would make a nice new FGO imo

Dark Random 1 (conduct) [-]

- even for a short song, there's a lot of errors on this
- what are those 16ths at measure 9 layered to?
- measure 11 makes more sense, but then it drifts off to a break for no reason with 32nd gallops
- measure 19, idk what you're doing with those 16ths as well
- synopsis: it really shouldn't be too hard to figure out the rhythm for this. almost all notes makes no sense except for the beginning

Das Ist Muzik (_.Spitfire._) [?]

- honestly, I didn't like most of those 32nd patterns in the beginning
- song choice is LOL but the file itself wasn't too great imo
- wtf random 192nds at measure 97?
- I feel like some of those 32nd "roll patterns" are incomplete. You can clearly hear an 8th after it, such as measure 123
- synopsis: I just didn't really like the layering scheme in this, sorry. Good song but the file can be improved a bit.

Deranged (justin_ator) [-]

- at first I was like okay, and then WHAT, and then ?_?
- as "correct" and "accurate" as those 32nds may be, it's just not a good move to layer it
- synopsis: layering was decent at the most. stepping to buzzing noises isn't always a good thing, keep that in mind.

Dove (leonid) [+?]

- sync might be a bit off on those colored notes, I'm not sure.
- measure 33 ?_?
- synopsis: awesome song choice, though the notes feel kinda weird. I didn't like the file, and it feels underlayered imo

Dr. Mario Pt. 1 (woker-X) [+]

- haha I love the song choice
- not exactly diggin' the layering/colored notes in the beginning but whatever
- synopsis: I liked this, and for a short song, the file had no real errors imo

Drops of Water (Cut) (00Razor00) [?]

- 32nds in the very beginning were unnecessary, as well as measure 46 and 50, and so on.
- the rest of the file seems fine
- synopsis: this is an easy fix, just remove the 32nds and you got yourself a decent file.

Eight (MrPopadopalis25) [+.]

- nice easy file, cute song lol
- synopsis: no errors imo, I'm still getting used to seeing hands in easy files but whatever.

Elektrik shiivers (nois-r-e) [+.]

- I LOL'd hard when it came to that unexpected "piano break". that was awesome
- sync may or may not be perfect, might have some other judge in my group check that out.
- synopsis: really unique and interesting song choice, I liked it, and an appropriate song length too hehe

Epicity - Cut (ScarletSky) [+?]

- nice layering overall, though I didn't like the long 8th jacks at all
- this has potential though, but imo it can be improved if you check the layering up a bit
- measure 71, I'd suggest layering the drums instead
- measure 181-182, also layer in the drums instead, I feel as though those "guitar sounds" shouldn't be stepped like that
- idk what you were doing adding BNS 24ths at the end
- synopsis: not bad, but it can be improved. Layering needs a lot of work.

Failure (NetJet!) [+]

- nice easy chart, orchestra music.
- synopsis: not much to say, but I don't like how the song just suddently cuts off like that.

Niala

Full notes and grading system:

Fun Factor/5
Objective Errors/10
Replayability/5
Subjective Errors/5

[++]=25/25
[+]=22+/25
[+.]=19+/25
[+?]=17+/25
[?]=13+/25
[-]=5+/25
[--]=0+/25

-----------------------------------------------------------------

{EVOLUTION} OUT STAGE - (rushyrulz) [+?]

4/5
6/10
4/5
3/5
----
17/25

-intro two measures after the roll could do with some better layering, for instance jumps on the cymbal crashes and singles elsewhere.
-that 24th bloop is 4 notes long, the 4th note in the sequence is that high blip about an octave higher than the third. Slow down to 0.5x if you can't hear it, it's very clear there, and it rounds the pattern into the 16ths a lot better.
-missed a jump on the cymbal crash at beat 25.
-that sort of offset 12th jack at beat ~44.500 is kinda neat, but the third arrow (i.e.the 16th) you might not want to make a jack. It's not part of the synth jack, it's the cymbal crash that comes in a 16th early. The extra jack is confusing because the sound for the jack is only two arrows long. Maybe try making it a jump so that it's clearly not part of the jack.
-the area right after that jack has some messy messy layering to it. Listen carefully to the sounds there and try to layer both synths in appropriately, lots of missed jumps and a couple of added ones. Goes right up until that 24th piano riff (which is solid btw) (and also note at the end of the piano just to add that last 24th note in)
-I don't mind the 16th jumpglut, but the PR is a little weird because there's little variation to the pattern, try to incorporate the three other jumps into it so that it doesn't seem like one set of notes the entire time.
-Also, that area right after that jumpglut is a huge climax for the song, try to keep the intensity up in your steps if possible. Hands would be a good chioce to keep it flowing.
-not a huge fan of the fadeout just because it's reaaaaally quiet, but if you do choose to keep it, they're technically gallops, not single arrows, and they're also 16ths not 12ths.

All in all the file is a good idea just needs to be executed a bit better.

0 (piano version) - (jimerax) [+.]

3/5
9/10
3/5
4/5
----
19/25

-First things first, this was pretty uninteresting and not very fun to play.
-There were a lot of patterns in this song that were really difficult to execute (for instance the section around 59.960s+), which is actually an okay representation of how harsh some of the chords are, but at the same time it didn't make me want to play it again.
-The song also felt a lot longer than it was beacuse of how similar it was the whole way through.
-I find one of the issues with the file is that you jump in and out of stepping the bass melody a lot and it makes it inconsistent and annoying to play.
-With that being said, you stay true to your steps which is good, and there's a good amount of good technical value to the steps.
-Couple little errors (for instance 31.170s no real note there) but nothing terribly notable.
-At the second half of measure 23 (31.349s) (same thing at measure 67) I'd like to see you throw in that lefthanded rise.
-While this chart is has good technical value, I don't find it very fun to play and has a bit of an inconsistency error, and I hesistate to accept this because of that.

Note that I'm SUPER on the fence about this file. It's very flat but well done nonetheless, so it's very difficult to make a good decision about it.

A CORRESPONDANCES ILLUMIT・- (nois-or-e) [+]

5/5
9/10
4/5
4/5
----
22/25

-Technical error is that those 16th jacks throughout the song are actually swing, although I'm fine with your way, just should get pointed out.
-First few measures I think you could stick to just the bloop noises, i.e. rid of the quarter notes at beats: 15, 17, 23, 24, and 25.
-Between beat 86 and 88 I think you could have stepped the 8ths there simply to keep moving.
-the hands at beat 97-98 are a bit much maybe just try jumps and a hand at beat 99.
-beat 104 those hands are actually more like 16ths, instead of what you have just add in the 16ths and reduce the hands to jumps.
-beat 112 is the only real "I don't get it" of the file. While it has some nice aestethic appeal 'cause whee colourful it just doesn't make much sense. Reduce them to single arrows and it should be fine.
-Beat 132-134 you could have done those uprises just to fill it in a bit better but not necessary.
-That arrow way after the end isn't needed the song ends pretty definitively.

nice file I liked it a lot, couple pointers to make it a bit stronger is all it really needed.

ABYSSAL - (Dossar + icyworld) [-]
your names are so long !_!

0/5
7/10
3/5
0/5
----
10/25

-Between the fact that this file is only going to actually be playable for 5 members of the community, and how relentless it is, it just doesn't stand for a good FFR file.
-If you want to fix some of the patterns, i.e. take out some of the less audible jumps in the 12th streams and make the patterns more comfortable for less good players, go for it, but it won't effect much.
-This is the kind of file that if you want to play on your own engine feel free, but don't subject everybody to it, because nobody will enjoy it.

ALPHA DEVICE - (leonid) [+.]

4/5
9/10
3/5
4/5
----
20/25

-Neat file overall, the only issue I have with it is that the main theme is so quiet. It's hard to tell what you're playing.
-I like the idea of building it to a full pattern, smart idea for a simfile.
-The one thing I'd like to see added is at beat 227, I feel as though (even though it's not in your layering scheme) you should add in that quarter note, it fills in the section better, and actually gives it a better relevance to the previous section.
-Last jump a single just for me. <3

BACK TO THE KITCHEN - (TheEvilHobo) [?]

3/5
7/10
3/5
4/5
----
16/25

-Your biggest flaw on this file is that there's absolutely no variation to it. Even the patterns for all the JS are very straightforward, nothing super interesting about it.
-A couple of errors, I think in that blank space at measure 13-15 you could have just done a couple of arrows to represent the main melody for a second.
-the trill from beat 58-60.5 is weird, change it up right at 60, better representation of the chord switching and works better mentally.
-Also, beat 61-62 is an awful transition, switching dominant hands like that is really awkward coming out of what is essentially a trill.
-measure 24 I'd prefer if you hadn't stopped the stream just for those drums, do both at the same time
-I also feel you could have represented the JS better. The notes change up a lot, try switching directions whenever it does or something so that it doesn't seem so unorganized.
-Overall, I think the worst thing is that the song doesn't offer a whole lot for a file. You need to find a way to switch it up, not make it all the same. Try changing your layering as it goes, it'll help you vary the patterns a lot better.

BEWARE THE PURPLE WATER - (TC_Halogen) [+]

5/5
9/10
4/5
4/5
----
22/25

-This chart is just genuinely fun. I really encourage this kind of simfiling, that old style of an FGO must remain an FGO for 2.5 minutes is really frustrating, this is where it should be headed.
-I'd also like to note the intricate layering is really amazing.
-Beat 174-175 it'd be nice to include the main synth again there.
-Beat 216-228 is a bit ridiculous, I have a bad feeling about that section ending up mindblock central.
-beat 263.5 sounds like a 24th gallop or something similar.
-That little trill noise in the synth sounds like it happens again at beat 282.
-Beat 284-286 ruins the flow IMO, try to find a better way to represent that.

BLACK APPLE - (megamon88) [+?]

4/5
8/10
3/5
2/5
----
17/25

-iironiically, I think basically the single funny "lmao oops" error you made in this file is the thing that would have made it that much better. Beat 165, instead of the 32nd roll you had a 12th run. If you had done that with the entire file, I think it would have just glued the layering together so much nicer, and gotten rid of all those silly polyrhythms.
-Other than that, you clearly omitted some of the 12ths that are obviously there. To me, that just indicates that you layered so heavily that you couldn't fit in everything that you wanted, which could easily be solved by just toning down the file a bit.
-Also some of those 32nd rolls are completely obnoxious, (see beat 244.5, 270.5, and 318.5)
-I really think what ruins this file is the attempt to include everything in such a way that they're all so prevalent. It's such a cool song, and the polyrhythms could have made for a seriously interesting simfile. Just needs to be taken down a notch.

CASTLECRASHERS - CREATURE AT THE MILL - (hi19hi19) [+.]

4/5
7/10
4/5
4/5
----
19/25

-I'm not 100% sure about the 48ths always being there, but because they're consistent it's not a big deal.
-The hands seem a tad much, there's generally little representation for them, and the spots where I feel they'd be more suited have them missing. Try looking at the dynamics of the song for hands instead of instruments/layering.
-You omiited 16th notes at the following beats: 20.75, 23.75, 24.75, and the repeats of those.
-Also nothing for that 16th at beat 65.250.
-beat 80 has a neat little trill, just sayin'.
-beat 28.25 and 120.25's 16ths shouldn't be there.

CHOCOBREAKS - (I like it) [?]

2/5
4/10
5/5
2/5
----
13/25

-First of all, there's no PR at all, and I don't see a lick of layering.
-Transition between the first two sections you missed the last two arrows (beat 15 and 15.5)
-What happened to the melody from measure 13-21?
-From here on, some of those bursts and transitions are a bit ridiculous, needs to be playable.
-beat 111.75 is missing a 16th and 112.25 has a 16th that isn't there.
-16th missing at 118.25.
-48th roll is 32nds.
-The rest is pretty inconsistent, some of what you stepped doesn't even exist in the music.
-Also, try to avoid stuff like ending a 32nd burst in a jack, it's just obnoxious to play.
-The ending is actually cool, though.
-Just try to make it playable and stick with the music and you'll probably do better next time.

CHOPSTICKS - (YOSHl) [!]
passed to WC.

CLASH ON THE BIG BRIDGE - (hi19hi19) [+]

4/5
9/10
4/5
5/5
----
22/25

-I actually don't have anything to say on this. I could sit here and nitpick all day, but it's nice and simple and works well for beginners, so I don't see the point.
-Bit lengthy, though. But after the easy files batch having at least half the songs 1:30 or less, I'm fine with keeping a longer easy file.

CLEMATIS - (00Razor00) [+?]

3/5
7/10
4/5
3/5
----
17/20

-First things first, those difficulty spikes were absolute nonsense in an otherwise mostly good file. You need to take them down a bit before you resubmit.
-The intro I found very confusing to play. You seem to jump in an out of stepping the bass melody a lot, which makes it tough to decipher. To clean it up, just do either the treble melody or both.
-Once the dnb starts the file is fine other than the overzealous spikes and bursts. I'd like to see some of the piano melody incorporated as layering, because there are still uses for it to make a well-rounded chart.
-Starting at measure 53 is where it goes downhill. You miss notes, and some of the bursts are a bit silly in terms of playing them (see measure 61-69 for some good examples.) This is something I harp on in dnb charts, you need to consider the flow from one burst to the next and all the steps in between and make sure they work together instead of having really technical bursts that don't flow well.
-Piano section has a LOT of missing 16ths (for instance beat 291.75, beat 300, added 16th at 305.25, another missed at beat 315.75, two added at beat 327.25/75, missed at 330, 345.75, start of measure 88 I just have no clue what the idea was there)
-That last burst again, just silly. If you REALLY want 32nds or something at least keep the flow and switch the direction to something more comfortable like 4231 or 4312.
-You missed a lot of hi-hats in the end.
-Lastly, personal pet peeve, but I don't care what the end of your song sounds like when I'm playing it so just get rid of that arrow at the end.

CMR - (hi19hi19) [+]

5/5
10/10
5/5
4/5
----
24/25

-My only complaint is that main piano melody is actually 2 gallops, but I completely understand the omission of it, even if I don't agree with it.
-Another great easy file, though, back with a vengeance, hi19?

COLOURFUL COURSE - (kjwkjw) [+]

4/5
9/10
4/5
5/5
----
22/25

-Fun song, fun file, fun everything, I really liked it.
-I'm nitpicky, so at measure 85 where you omitted the 8th synths really plays like an error more than anything else.
-Also it's a tad long and repetitive, so I'd like to see a cut before it gets put ingame.
-There's nothing outstanding that's wrong however, so gj + file.

CRASH UP AGAINST THE INEVITABLE - (Xayphon) [+.]

5/5
9/10
4/5
2/5
----
20/25

-First of all the PR in the intros is wrong and REALLY annoying. Like asldfajfksajfa annoying. Seriously fix it.
-Also if you're going to put an arrow after the song ends like that do it when you stop hearing the note fading out so that it's not like 3 measures later or whatever. That entire idea bugs me anyway.
-Okay, down to business: I think one of the nuisances of this chart is that it doesn't represent the song as a whole. You do a very good job with dynamics during the file, but there are sections with some stuff omitted that I didn't like, namely, the vocals.
-For example, at beat 55-56, a simple run of 16ths would have given the file that edge it needs. Those breaks make sense sometimes, but in other areas they'd be better off represented.
5-Beat 62-64 I feel is a poor representation of the music, it's so chaotic and the steps are quite simple in comparison.
-The vocals at 70.500
-Starting at beat 116, you'll hear a vocalist come in the background and I think it makes a lot of sense to keep the 16ths he raps to in and not just repeat the patterns from beforehand. Not many notes added, all things considered, but I think they'd make the right additions.
-Beat 152-160 again the vocalist would be a good addition just to keep up the intensity.
-Beat 164-176 PR fix needed.
-beat 205.75 is the same sounds as the jumps right before it, make it a [34] as well.
-Those 48ths starting at beat 208 I don't quite understand. I think you'd be better off just using those 12ths for a polyrhythm.
-I respsect your decision to not do vocalists at beat 212 I just don't agree with it. However, I think this is the spot that gets away with it the most just beacuse of how the song changes tones.
-Beat 244 the hands are a bit wacky (same for the repetition) and there's not heavy enough of a sound to warrant that I don't think.
-I think you were going for a climax idea around those hand bursts which I don't find fitting. There are much more intense parts of the song that would have done better with heavier representation than the ending where the music is actually comparatively light.
-beat 306-308 see bullet 5
-missed a 16th note at 308.750
-could do with a 16th at 327.75
-I don't like the omision of the 4th note at beat 370, it throws you off a bit.

-This is a lot of notes, but a good number of them are subjective notes and not actually necessary tweaks. They're changes I feel would give the chart a better representation of the song.

CREATIVE HAPPY - (MrPopadopalis25) [+.]

4/5
8/10
4/5
3/5
----
19/25

-Okay, those hands are just silly. I get it, and trust me, I'm the guy to come to if you want to use a lot of hands in a file, but c'mon bro 12th hands like that?
-Also, it's kinda awkward that the first 20 seconds of the file are FGO and then it's like playing an 8 with a couple of not very hard bursts that make it a VC.
-I don't like the minijack usage in this file whatsoever. They're incredibly seldom and would both play better and represent the song better if they were triplets of some sort.
-Other than that, the file is well structured and consistent with itself.
-beat 70.75 there's a 16th drum there.
-same at 86.750
-those jumps at measure 27 sound more like 12ths to me.
-Also, measure 36 where it speeds up, this is just a semantic really but it makes a lot more sense had you done the speed up on the jumps in the latter half of the measure. (also the [13] should be a [23] as well)
-Measure 71, I don't see any reason for those being the same hand. The pitches change drastically for each one.

-Really, my biggest note here is to just try to make the file more in one zone of difficulty while not making the difficulty completely flat. As of now it's a bit too spread out.

CUTTHROAT - (TC_Halogen) [+?]

-1 POINT FOR LEAVING YOUR TAG IN THE TITLE >(((((
jk <3
but srsly >_>

4/5
9/10
4/5
1/5
----
18/25

-ENDING EW EW EW klasjdflsak what compelled you to do that????
-Beat 32 those don't sound like the 32nds you have, almost like a a 64th earlier, possibly the 12th? Also the "32nd" drum is after the third hand too.
-that 32nd triplet at beat 55.750 is yucky.
-beat 138 I don't like that quarter note there.
-16th at beat 210.75 is a nono.
-Hand at 260.50? ++ idea!
-I'm just being nitpicking, really. The only thing that makes this chart not worth it is that ridiculous ending. Seriously >_>

DARK RANDOM 1 - (condoct) [?]

3/5
5/10
4/5
3/5
----
15/25

-Not as bad as the rating makes it look, the problem is the errors are quite consistent.
-Measure 9-11 those 16ths aren't existent yet.
-The stream from measure 11-18 (which btw should end at 19, and continue through 14-15) has silly jump choices. SILLY I SAY. If you made it so jumps landed on the snares it would make more sense. You could even just add that on top of what you have, but I'd prefer to see it just the snares.
-The last measures after 19 aren't done properly, the sounds are misrepresented. If you need help figuring it out, ask somebody who's done a lot of stepping.

DAS IST MUZIK - (_.Spitfire._) [?]

2/5
6/10
2/5
4/5
----
14/25

-First of all, Das ist nicht muzik. >(
-Very long and very repetitive. This song really needs a cut before anything else.
-The steps themselves aren't terrible, but the song doesn't lend itself well to anything more than the same repeated pattern over and over again.
-The intro into beat 84 (and any repetitions thereof) is terrible to read, three 32nd notes like that is just confusing. It also transitions poorly into the 32nd rolls starting on 8ths, which are difficult enough to play because the offset of the timing is awkward to hit.
-The measure at beat 140 is just 12ths, I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not?
-Also the ending there just cut the 8ths for no real reason...
-Beat 253-256 accidental copy-paste? (i.e. what 12ths?)
-beat 285.5 no note there.
-Sometimes I just don't get where you're pulling arrows from. For example, the 12th at beat 319 or the 64th at beat 326?
-The slower section is fine just way too long.
-For the ending, you seem to jump in and out of using the snares very randomly which is hard to play because you have no idea what to expect.

On a related note, you did a good job catching a lot of the oddly timed notes, the 64th swing in particular would have been really hard to hear.

DERANGED - (justin_ator) [-]

2/5
4/10
4/5
1/5
----
11/25

-First of all, the concept for this file is absolutely terrible. Those rolls and trills are ridiculous, and some of your hand placements and overzealous climaxes don't make any sense.
-There are even quite a few errors in execution, stuff like you have minijacks in the stream that make no sense, the stream ends abrupty, poor layering, a 32nd minijack after the first obscene roll, misplaced hands, inconsistencies in your steps (for example, the first two 32nd trills are 6 notes and the rest of 4 notes), etc.
-This is the kind of chart that needs a full rehaul before any specific details are given. Try to fix your inconsistencies with hands and layering, and give the file a nicer and more sensible flow.

DOVE - (leonid) [+.]

3/5
9/10
4/5
3/5
----
18/25

-The song and file are both very repetitive, and I find those bursts of difficulty (the 32nds) really weird in an otherwise easy file.
-There's also a bit of a problem with a sort of consistency. For example, when it returns to that main theme for 1 measure at beat 64, it just seems out of place..
-I find a lot of the steps in the song are really irrelevant just beacuse the song has nothing relevant to step half the time. It's just confusing and I don't quite understand it.
-I don't think there's a good way to describe how I feel about this file... I just don't quite understand what you were trying to portray, I guess.
-Also, my objective note, the fade out: at beat 164 you start quieting the file down which is good, but then it gets MORE dense during the actual fade out portion of the song. It should be the other way around, instead.
-Lastly, the very last note should get removed, there's no need for it, and it offers better closure to the file without it.

DR MARIO PT. 1 - (woker-x) [+]

4/5
9/10
5/5
4/5
----
22/25

-File is genuinely fine. A couple of those early grace notes are a tad early but like that'll matter on FFR lol.
-I also feel like you shouldn't have omitted some of the notes in the early part that you did. Particularly, that first 4 note jack. It's really confusing during a sightread because the 16th jack is already there for the other synth, and it feels like it just stopped abruptly halfway through the jack.
-Other than that, I have no complaints, nice file.

DROPS OF WATER - (00Razor00) [+.] <exception

2/5
8/10
4/5
4/5
----
18/25

-I'm going to be honest, I hate those rolls.
-With a passion.
-Like, seriously, almost rejected this chart specifically because those rolls are absolutely obscene and unecessary.
-Aside from that, I didn't mind it much, a couple spots where you made some booboos but generally fine.
-beat 60.750 and 61.250 there's 16ths there that should have been stepped.
-beat 78, that triplet jack is wrong. The first two arrows should be a jack, the third shouldn't be a jack, but can be a single or a jump depending on how you want to do it.
-missed a 16th at beat 124.250
-at beat 139.500 and repetitions you missed that little hi-hat that's there. That's the issue with stepping stuff that's hard to hear, you can miss something really easily.
-starting at beat 167 I don't like your PR choice there. The 4ths should go 4131 to represent the music better, IMO.
-beat 174 is that same thing you used for the 4 note 32nd roll later, just a beat earlier in the measure. For consistency I'd step it in there too.
-Missed notes at 244.50, 244.75, 245.25, and 252.75
-Why 1 hand in the entire file? (beat 311) that just doesn't make sense to me, particularly in such a meaningless spot.

-Yeah I really hated those rolls.

EIGHT - (MrPopadopalis25) [+.]

4/5
9/10
4/5
4/5
----
21/25

-There isn't a whole lot to say about this, really. It's a fun easy file and it's quite well done.
-The only thing I really want to harp on is that the PR, particularly in the beginning, is pretty bad. The first couple of measures are fine, and then it looks like you almost did it backwards for a bit, which I don't quite understand.
-A *tiny* bit repetitive once you reach the end. You might also be able to make a cool [heavy] chart for it, since there's a pretty natural build for one.

ELEKTRIK SHIIVERS - (nois-or-e) [+.]

4/5
10/10
4/5
3/5
----
22/25

-That ending was quite abrupt, really really short.
-For starters, I think you cut into that speedup just a bit too quick, if you had left it until the measure after it did start (aka bring it up to tempo at measure 3) it would have been a nicer and more accurate effect.
-For the 16ths I think it makes a lot more sense to layer the snares and the kind vocal weird thingy as jumps than the drum kicks. They're both more prominent and bring more attention to them in the music.

EPICITY (cut) - (ScarletSky) [+?]

4/5
7/10
3/5
3/5
----
17/25

-askldlsj this is a cut?!?!
-But seriously, on we go.
-Before we move on to the more standard part of the review, I just want to point out one thing: You have a tendency to stick to your instruments, which is good for consistency, but on the negative side, things like transitions between different sections of music go un-noticed in your steps, so you need to watch out for that.
-If you want an example, look at beat 132. Notice how the drums actually stop and change to a drum>cymbal crash with spaces in between and how your steps still represent the more basic guitar and avoid the transitionary material. It's that material that gives rock songs like this more of an edge in their files and in their music.
-beat 37.5 you can ignore PR to make patterns less silly, no need for that jack.
-beat 83 sounds to me like the left-arrow jack you had been doing there.
-And right after beat 85 is NOT the left-arrow jack you had been doing.
-missed an arrow at beat 187
-missed a jump at beat 198
-extra arrow at 208.5 (let's assume from now on, unless stated otherwise, I mean beat)
-beat 216-260 has quite a few ghost notes in there. It's easy to make mistakes when there's a lot going on, so when you get stuff like that, stick to stepping really clear sounds and usually you'll get great results.
-beat 261-264 is stepped wrong, the 16ths are just a triplet on the arrow at beat 262.25, and there's a 12th starting at 261.
-In the next section, I don't like the omission of the snares at beats like 266, and then using them for jumps at beats like 270, it should be used for both.
-missed a jump at 287.5
-starting at beat 328, you start a pretty neat section, but I think stuff like beat 332.5 is weird, there's no reason to decide to omit an 8th in there because there's constantly something going on, and it throws you off really bad.
-booboo at beat 374, you'll probably laugh when you see that and say "oops"
-missed jumpat beat 455.5
-could have added a jump at beat 503 (again, this is the transitionary material)
-8th jacks are fun
-596 16ths don't make sense to me.
-beat 656 those first three 12ths are too vague I think to be stepped, just something on the 4th is fine.
-beat 703-712 is kinda rough, could do with a bit of a fix.
-last burst starts at 740 and builds speed.
-the snare hits at 748 in that section would, I think, give that section a fuller feel, just to make it less like a single instrument.
-This next section is a very interesting drum section, and I think adding the 12ths and 16ths that the drums instead the guitar would be a better idea, just because it's easier to understand while playing.
-Those 24ths are wrong, move everything down a 24th and they'd be right. Also no need for them to all be jumps, just the one that falls on the start of a measure.
-Same thing with the very end, 12ths not 24ths. If you want 24ths, sync them so that it'll play correctly on FFR.

FAILURE - (NetJet!) [?]

4/5
5/10
4/5
3/5
----
16/25

-First thing I want to mention is don't include your name in the file so it can be seen in the editor. I, among other judges, don't like knowing who made the file before I judge it as to avoid any bias.
-On to the file: as you can see through the ratings, you have a good concept and it plays okay, there are just enough errors to not pass it.
-Notable things to switch up for the entire file: You could do with a bit better PR throughout, as well the bpm should be made either half or a third of what it is, because a giant cluster of red arrows is awkward to play on FFR, and it works better for the song.
-beat 110, 111, 133 are missing jumps.
-Your layering in the next section is a bit off, too: beat 262 is a single, beat 264 and 265 are missing arrows, beat 310 is a single, beat 334 is a single, missing arrows at beat 336 and 337.
-The ending when you take the same music and switch to jumps is unecessary. Just keep consistent with your choices, it'll make for a better file.
-Really, you just need to watch your layering, particularly in something like this where it's very easy to see where you've gone wrong.

Last edited by bmah; 10-26-2011 at 12:31 AM..