View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Dossar's MiniMegaTournament of Brutality 3

Welcome to Dossar's Third MiniMegaTournament of Brutality.

Trailer Video

FFR has been a game of rage ever since it was created. While being a fun and competitive game, it has also turned into an AAA fest. Those 5 goods you want to shave off aren't being removed, and you're stuck raging at trying to get rid of those last few goods. However, here comes a tournament where getting one, five, or even ten goods or more on a file won't screw you over. This tournament goes beyond the typical run-of-the-mill FFR file. These are batshit insane files that are made to require most useful attributes used in the game - speed, jacking, reading ability, and pattern observation. Combo based scoring is also something that can make scoring on a file ridiculously hard; here, you will be given these choices: get results based off raw score, get results based off combo based scoring, or both.

Submitting Scores

Depending on which scoring style you want to join, scores will be based off either raw score, combo based scoring, or both. For raw score, you get 50 points for a perfect, 25 for a good, 5 for an average, -10 for a miss, and -5 for a boo. For combo scoring, your combo gets multiplied by 1000, misses are -310 each, boos are -20 each, goods get multiplied by 275 and added, perfects get multiplied by 550 and added, and averages get multiplied by 55 and added.

You can update your scores at any time before the round ends. Be sure to make a new post and not edit an old one since it saves a lot of time and frustration.

All submitted scores must be in picture form, and include the entire perfect/great/average/miss/boo count, and the server details/FFR info that can be found on the top-right corner of the FFR site. Make sure the score is from the current round, because older scores won't be accepted.

This is an acceptable screenshot.

Signups/Divisions/Eliminations

Be sure to state which type of scoring you want to be in. Your placement will also be based on how you do on harder files. There will be 3 divisions, with the top one being for only the God Tier players who wreck FGOs, and maybe a few players that are able to AAA most FMOs. You can sign up at any point until the end of the first round. Feel free to suggest over which division you should be in, but I won't necessarily put you there.

Complaining about division placement in this thread will not be tolerated. If you are iffy about a division placement, you can PM me about it or discuss over AIM (mine is reborndossar).

There are no elimination rounds in this tournament. However, if you fail to submit scores for three rounds without a legitimate reason, you will be eliminated.

Starting Time

This tournament started at 2:00 pm Server Time on Sunday, August 21th, but signups are open until the end of Round 1. There will be 8 rounds, each lasting three days. Hopefully that will be enough time for everyone to be able to get scores in. I'll keep my other post up to date with the end date/time of the current round.

Other Rules

1. No cheating. For instance, don't try to fake scores, don't hide your skills to get put in a way worse division, and don't have a more skilled friend get scores for you. The boo cap for the combo-based scoring rounds are put in place to prevent heavy mashers from having the advantage. Don't boo glitch, DS (Double Setup), or overlay.

2. Don't publicly complain about what divisions people are placed in. If you publicly complain about your own placement, you WILL be moved up. PM or IM me about it.

3. I have the right to change a score, choose not to accept a score, disqualify a player, and so on. If I do this and don't provide a reason, you are free to ask me for one; it might just be a mistake.

Prizes/Donations

Credit distribution will be determined at the end of the tournament. You may also get a skillboost of some sort! Donations are also welcome and greatly appreciated. Make sure to let me know if you send a donation in and I'll mention you here. Give credit donations to DossarLX ODI.

The current prize pot is:

DossarLX ODI - 75,000 (30,000 of it is from GG_Guru, thanks man!)
Tarrik - 140,000 (HOLY SHIT LOL)
Sweet_Feet - 50,000 (Beast 8D)

DIVISION PLACEMENTS

Apprentice Division (D1)
  1. ce1545 [B, raw]
  2. hi19hi19 [B, both]
  3. XxMidigamixX [A, raw]
  4. Zageron [B, raw]
  5. SkRAWRk [B, both]
  6. 3lijah [A, both]
  7. igotrhythm [A, raw]
  8. MaxGhost [A, raw]
  9. x_lambourghini_x [B, raw]
  10. Soul. [A, raw]
  11. MyRoseTearsBlood [A, raw]
  12. Kozary [B, both]
  13. Zekramcross [B, raw]
  14. MrPreggers [A, both]
  15. Winrar [B, raw]
  16. Samwais [B, both]
  17. Frederic54 [B, raw]
  18. Xx{Midnight}xX [A, raw]
  19. Desalesis [A, raw]
  20. Breakdown16 [B, raw]

Expert Division (D2)
  1. justin_ator [B, raw]
  2. qqwref [B, raw]
  3. XXXsmittyXXX [A, combo]
  4. Elite Ninja [B, raw]
  5. WSCB [B, combo]
  6. krunkykai22 [A, both]
  7. SocoNhydro420 [A, raw]
  8. ~Zeta~ [A, raw]
  9. YOSHl [B, combo]
  10. Hakulyte [A, both]
  11. awein999 [A, both]
  12. Sweet_Feet [B, both]
  13. flash dualist [A, raw]
  14. icontrolyourworld [A, combo]
  15. EzExZeRo7497 [A, raw]
  16. Herogashix [A, raw]
  17. Myattboy [B, raw]
  18. Plan_Bsk81127 [A, raw]
  19. Tarrik [A, raw]

Guru Division (D3)
  1. DossarLX ODI
  2. One Winged Angel [B, both]
  3. alloyus [B, raw]
  4. xXOpkillerXx [B, combo]
  5. Frank Munoz [A, both]
  6. samurai7694 [A, both]
  7. GG_Guru [B, both]
  8. TC_Halogen [A, raw]
  9. EzExZeRo7497 [B, combo]

Participants (17 as of now), Signups are CLOSED:
  1. DossarLX ODI [My scores will not be counted, so I will get no prizes out of this tournament. I will however be playing the rounds.]
  2. justin_ator
  3. qqwref
  4. XXXsmittyXXX
  5. xXOpkillerXx
  6. Elite Ninja
  7. WSCB
  8. SocoNhydro420
  9. Frank Munoz
  10. hi19hi19
  11. Hakulyte
  12. 3lijah
  13. igotrhythm
  14. icontrolyourworld
  15. EzExZeRo7497
  16. Breakdown16
  17. Plan_Bsk81127

If your name is not in the participant list, you dropped out or got eliminated from lack of submissions.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-15-2011 at 09:36 PM..