View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #1090
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by xInMyHoodie. View Post
Since I accidentally put my suggestion in the suggestion box before signing in, and it counted it as a submission even though nothing went throughhh:

I have a few suggestions for FFR, as I've been playing since I was around 10 (I'm 19 now) and have seen the site through pretty much all it's changes:

1. Put the songs into more detailed categories. The new numbering system isn't completely accurate. There are times when I play a song that's a 7 and it's fairly easy, then I'll play a 6 and do very poorly. You know how you rank songs by easy, tricky, difficult, guru, etc? How about categorizing them by that? Also, having clearer subgenres within music genres. Dance, for example, has a HUGE selection (Come on, you guys have 2 whole sections for that) and can range from IDM to Trance to Dubstep to DnB. Categorize!

2. I miss the section of the site with the user uploaded stepfiles. I don't know if you can bring that back, but it would be great. Whenever I wanted to play "famous" songs you didn't have in the the actual FFR Game.

3. Every month or 2, there should be contests for people to make stepfiles for each genre, to be accepted into the official FFR game. Users can get to watch a video of the file playthrough or someone playing the file, and then vote on which ones should be accepted. Winners get their songs and stepfiles put into the official game.

4. More Avenged Sevenfold songs in the Rock section, please. (Just kidding! Maybe...)

- xInMyHoodie.

A lot of stuff has changed. The reason we took out the simfile database was because of legal issues/poor quality simfiles/took up space/etc. Now we go through a "Batch System" which basically has a bunch of files submitted, and then judged to receive a certain amount of points in order to go in-game.

People can step files from anyone they want, but when they want to put it in-game, it's required that you have the artist's/label's permission. We don't have Avenged Sevenfold's permission (*yet!* I can't wait for it), so we can't put any files of them in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote