View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: phone hacking scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
I did read about this on my Google Reader. I didn't realize people took News International and its ilk seriously, though.
people do. news international control a lot of the media in the uk. and they've been trying to monopolise it by buying out broadcaster bskyb and by getting the government to get rid of its main competitor the bbc. their papers are the equivalent of fox news they're just thinly veiled propaganda supporting whatever murdoch's agenda is. their tabloids are popular for their celebrity exclusives and sell millions of copies a week but they always try to sensationalise and misinform and they often attack and single out against most minorities. because of this they're able to shape the political opinion of the public quite easily and also decide the results of elections. they can coerce politicians by threatening to release stories about them and nobody can stand up to them because they are too powerful. murdoch has been trying to influence the politics of this country for a long time now. for example he strongly encouraged tony blair to enter the iraq war and lie about wmds in order to get support for the next election. police and politicians have known about the phone hacking for a long time but they haven't been able to admit that it had been widespread as they are too afraid of him.

the the fact that they're hacking into phones on such a large scale is serious enough, a couple of their senior editors have admitted to paying the police for secret information. if it's proven they and the head of news international knew about the hacking then they could all be locked up. companies bribing foreign police is also a crime in the US and as news internationals parent company news corp is based in the US they could be under investigation and eventually be done by them. so much more could happen in this story. it could be that murdoch media in the US like fox news also phone hacks...

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 07-11-2011 at 03:32 AM..
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote