View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #13
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou
Default Re: Long distance relationships?

I had like 5+ long distance relationships before one of them finally worked out.

It's either meant to be or it isn't. That's pretty much it.

The only reason it worked out for us is cause I told him I would not date him until we met in person. And we did. He flew down to see me and stayed for quite a while. Then we were apart for my entire HS senior year. A few months after graduating, I moved in with him.

You don't really know a person until you've lived with them though, and that will determine whether your relationship is going to be great or if you need to get out of it ASAP.

Oh, and his sister just got married last year to the guy she was dating long distance for like 7 years. He lives in Canada. So... yeah, relationships can work out. Of course they met a ton of times in person while they were dating though, but it's not like they could do it often for obvious reasons.

Plus it helps that they were both adults when they started dating. They're now 27~28 years old, so they started dating at around 20~21. If you really love the person, you can wait a lot of years really. Like they did. My boyfriend and I are kinda the same except we met when we were 13~14, so we couldn't do much about it.

I don't advise kids that young to date online/long distance anyway, it's just a horrible mess. It will only work out if you're an adult really. I'd say 17+ years old.

Last edited by Nyokou; 06-28-2011 at 04:41 AM..
Nyokou is offline   Reply With Quote