View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default Re: So let's talk about QED stepfiles. (Let's talk about StepMania actually.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
If we want more people in the community, we need more good easy files. It's really as simple as that - people like to play files at the difficulties they are comfortable with
Pretty much. Be careful with that though, there have been packs like that already. Patashu said his Super Meat Boy pack was full of easy charts, and even though I haven't played it I believe it. You also need to promote these easy charts as much as you do the hard ones. It ties in with welcoming new members and encouraging them to play these packs. I think it's awesome when someone who isn't as good can play the same song as you on SMO on an easier chart. Believe it or not this happens a lot with OD, which is why there is a good sized OD fanbase. The technical people love the hard charts while the people who aren't quite good can enjoy their anime openings on easier charts.

All of you that play SMO should know who Eduardo/Eduardo-sama is, the guy who always goes on and plays the same OD songs for hours. He did it a lot more before, especially before the shut down of the original server, now he goes on every so often. But I mean all he plays are the OD packs. What I didn't know is that he plays all the 8-10 footer charts, especially standard. I can enter the room with him and enjoy a song on 12 while he plays it on heavy 10 (Chain, Air Gear, 2nd Anime Mix). It's things like this that can close the gap between new players and pros. That and not treating them like crap when they upload an easy score they're proud of.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote