View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #17
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default Re: Student loans and why you -shouldn't- get one.

@kmay and Reincarnate - You guys get it, and I hope people here listen. This is the stuff everyday people go through. I do admit there are people out there who may have money and still know the value of a dollar, but it doesn't change the fact that middle to lower class students are suffering for trying to get an education. Good stuff guys.

@Lito - I only dreamed I could have joined the military. I would have risked my life to be able to get a great education and not worry about if I'll have money to buy a meal in between classes. I practically agree with you 100%, and whether or not the military is a bad thing, it's helping out a lot of students. To be honest, I just realized that all the politicians (primarily Democrats) complaining about the money being spent on the military don't take into account what the military does for freshly graduated students. On their behalf, a republican might just use this as an excuse to back up their already screwed up political theories. I'll avoid the politics though, let's just keep it at I don't agree with either party at the moment.

Sadly, I tried to join. But having Tourette's Syndrome, a genetic disorder with no cure, they wouldn't accept me. Instead I work an almost minimum wage job that is the best my city can offer, and I struggle just to get through a community college. For those unable to join the military due to reasons like this, you'll be discouraged. But there are other ways to leapfrog your way through the education system to get to where you want.

I would suggest Career Institutes, places that train you in 6-16 week programs specifically for the workforce, primarily medical, small business, etc. I don't plan to be a nurse, but I'll do it if it means getting a decent salary until I can achieve my real goals.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote