View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default Re: Developing a third style of play: is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Why not change 2 fingers to 3, and then add Index into the mix?
^This. I'm not much of a spread player, though I'm proving. But what I do is use my middle finger on my right hand (I think I'm lefty, try other hand first) on the right arrow key. Then I use other two index for the other three keys. This simple style that I became accustomed to makes jump stream on index a bit easier, and makes keeping up with chaotic arrows a little easier. I actually play some spread songs with this style.

Doesn't someone else here use this exact same style but mirrored? I think it was BethanyBangs, I don't remember. But yea, it helps with the more spread like patterns. Crossovers become a lot easier as well.

Edit: I've never heard of three finger spread. The one I use is definitely three finger index. Primary reason being that the fingers aren't stationery. My simplest way of putting it is that it's index on 3 keys, while one of the keys has a finger covering it the entire time.

Keep in mind I can play index as well, but using this style makes my MA better since I don't have to be awkward about certain patterns.

Spread is still the primary style, but index is always fun. It has its own kind of files, but will never be as uh... productive? (for lack of a better word) as spread.

Last edited by ddrxero64; 04-20-2011 at 05:18 PM..
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote