View Single Post
Old 04-9-2011, 04:53 PM   #19
Emithith
FFR Player

Default Re: Decline of Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
People seem like they have smaller vocabularies but in reality they're probably the same size as our parents, except full of different types of words.
I don't know whether or not to agree with this. I'm just gonna leave it sitting there. I DO know that when my mother tried to get me tested for ADD when I was about 11 they put me through some tests including an English test, and the one who gave the test said I had a Grade 12 Canadian Vocabulary. I didn't know half the words I know now. Which really worries me because it's only been about 3-4 years since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Seriously just saw this one someone's facebook wall.

"_______ .. YOUR ALOUD OVER TOMOROW . call me (number) or (number)"
I wouldn't worry about Facebook too much. If you try to change it you can only come out with an extreme anger for it. Though I have to admit I do feel like putting the keyboard through the monitor when people mess up in such a degree that makes it look like the teachers weren't teaching properly.

EDIT: I also cannot believe how stupid some advertisements are. FFS, I saw an ad that said "Want to Learn English?" I did NOT know you were supposed to capitalize Verbs. I thought it was only nouns. /sarcasm.

Last edited by Emithith; 04-9-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote