Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 04-5-2011, 06:29 PM   #668
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

~Zeta~: Actually, I found that the recent rebirth of SotW was what catapulted me over the line into sub-1000 land because when a new song is released, everyone has a score of 0 on it, and thus everyone is considered rank 1.

But yes, in theory all songs will eventually have over 1000 AAAs, meaning that unlocking the token will be a matter of nailing a sufficient number of them.

As for you, Plan: Just because you're good at the game now doesn't mean the game shouldn't offer appropriate challenges for players of all skill levels. You were a newbie once, too. To hear you talk, one would think that we should just make the learning curve for new players impossible to ascend, or institute an unlock system that only grants access to harder songs after the less difficult files have been sufficiently wrecked on a certain account.

Some players find hard songs fun to play, even if they can't do so well on them. Maybe they like the song, or perhaps they find the parts that they can hit enjoyable. Either way, it motivates them to get better. And in a community as results-oriented as this one, we really shouldn't care about the path one chooses to take towards their own self-improvement, as long as we're there to lend a choice piece of advice ("gtfo" or any variant thereof does not qualify) or a sympathetic ear when things get tough.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote