View Single Post
Old 04-5-2011, 03:42 PM   #655
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
idr who suggested it, but they proposed that all the FC/AAA scores would stay the same if
perfect: 1550
good: 1275
avg: 1055
boo: -20
miss: -310
combo: 0
I would really enjoy seeing combo based scoring to finally be removed, and to be replaced with PA based scoring. I understand why people might mash songs (as they have no idea how to read patterns of a certain speed due to their skill level) but as you go on in the game you find that if you get a miss, your score is worthless at that point, and gets killed in the ranks. I mean as a good example, RATO and DP, I usually can get alright pa's on those songs with a few misses, OR I can lazily mash an fc and pull a rank in the 20's-30's no problem. A lot of the time it comes down to why work on figuring out something, when you can just mash the hell out of it and get a much better rank?

Plus it would get people striving to do as good on a song as possible, compared to getting the highest combo possible. This would also give Multiplayer a little more leveling out, so that people can't mash fgo's like crazy and take away other people's level because of a miss or two. I see it all the time, people literally getting hundreds of goods more than the other person, but through the miracle of Mash Mash Revolution, they win the match...by a LOT of points.