View Single Post
Old 04-1-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Play Formats, DIAGONAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmbeliever View Post
But my question wasn't what was the point of it, it's how do you play it? I couldn't even find the right keys to press, pressing any of the current keys I have setup for regular play (or key combinations with those) didn't even get me a boo, much less a hit.
Last I checked, diagonal scroll doesn't work if you're using above Flash player 9. Also with the changes in the replay system, your scores achieved won't even shown up with diagonal scroll. so much h8 ;__;

But if you do use Flash player 9, it should work fine. (Lower versions would probably work too.) As far as the setup goes, your speedmod has to be at 1. They keys should register at that point, but it will be pretty difficult to play. I suggest mapping your keys like so:

Left input = Up
Down input = Left
Up input = Down
Right input stays the same

Example:

Left = A
Down = S
Up = K
Right = L

With diagonal scroll it's:

Left = K
Down = A
Up = S
Right = L

At least this is how it all worked last time I tried it out, which was before the new replay system came out some months ago.

Oh, and don't listen to dragonmega lmao I was capable of AAAing an FMO using diagonal scroll. My best score on EHHS before I stopped was 5-0-0-0. No memorization needed.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 04-1-2011 at 04:00 PM..
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote