View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #18
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Communism is bad?

What I heard from someone who lived in China was that the housing given to them in the public sector (otherwise known as the "Communist" sector) was middle class. They have laws in effect that prevent social inequalities and racial discrimination, and slander is not tolerated. The debate was, however, who decides what's considered "slanderous" and how do we monitor those in power? The private sector is where the suffering and poor working conditions exist, from what I was told. They're usually living in the smaller villages and the managers of the factories are the ones getting all the money while the ones working under them get paid a drastically low amount of money.

However, the details upon freedom to move between these, and the law specifics, as well as a few other things is where things start to blur and I can't get a good picture of what it really is. It may not really seem fair, I guess, but for China's population it's not like there's a lot of ways to prevent mass suffering. My question isn't only directed towards China, though. I'm wondering what happens in these other countries as well, because they can't be nearly as bad as how they're portrayed, especially since no country is practicing Communism true to the ideals. Not that it'd work?

Do you get what I'm trying to ask for?
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote