View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Communism is bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I didn't really take your friend's/father's quote seriously as soon as they included "God-denying" as part of their reasoning.

In any case, the idea of communism is good. But the result never turns out as it is originally intended. That refers to the corruption, bureaucracy, etc. you're talking about.

More likely, however, most people misuse the word "communism". Some extreme Americans might say that Sweden or Canada is communist, when really, it's just a slightly lefter leaning capitalistic society. To be truly communist, it's a much longer road to the left than that. I suggest your father/friend don't swing that word carelessly; use the word as is it actually defined.

See, my problem is I don't know what the details are of what's actually going on, because both sides are saying the other is lying. Reading about it wont help because one will say the other is just writing with bias to brain-wash the other. My dad would probably say the people in all Communist countries have no human rights and are evil. Someone who supports Communism says that people hate Communism because it takes money from the rich Capitalists and redistributes the wealth to the poor. Then the counter for that is that the people working for the government takes the money that's supposed to be redistributed and leaves the rest of the population in poverty.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote