Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #172
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21
Default Re: Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_anime View Post
Also, it's not very polite to quote somebody as saying something that they never actually said so as to mock them. I'm honestly expecting a bit more maturity in here than that.
Actually I just wanted to say what I meant in as few of words as possible.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I am one of the biggest anti-tobacco people I know. I HATE tobacco. Also, part of the problem isn't just protecting people from their own stupidity, its protecting others from it as well. Ever hear of roid rage? Or stories about drunk fathers or mothers abusing their families? Additionally, part of the reason that people can be stupid about that sort of thing is due to all of the misinformation out there. How many people do you know who first tried drugs thinking "Hm, this might be an enlightening/educational experience" as opposed to those pressured into it by their peers or those who saw it as "cool" or "hip?"
I actually know a shitload of people who have tried drugs because they wanted to know what it was like and less who were peer pressured, but this may be indicative of my personal circle or my level of maturity. Regardless, anecdotal evidence is weak and useless.

More importantly though, each of those drugs is a different drug and should be looked at specifically. We cannot bunch all of those items into the same category "Drugs" and say that all of the negative things alcohol, tobacco, and steroids do are the inherently qualities of "Drugs" as a general concept (similarly ignoring any possible benefit.) Then we are just turning "Drugs" into The Great Destroyer.

So when discussing Adderall, whether or not people cannot control their rage on steroids doesn't matter one bit.

Which brings us back to the original question about morality: so there does not exist a case where someone can educate themselves about a drug (Adderall) and use it for some purpose its not specifically designed for (power-studying) without a prescription (because a prescription is time-consuming and expensive to get for that narrow purpose) without this act being morally reprehensible?

Last edited by Vendetta21; 03-14-2011 at 03:01 AM..
Vendetta21 is offline   Reply With Quote