View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #489
trillobyite
FFR Player

Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

First, no. I didnt read the 450 pages of thread so forgive me, but over the course of my life I've failed to hear one argument against being gay that was rooted in logic.

Second, as far as why a person would be gay, I think it's a mix (as are most traits) of genes and environment. It's not that there's a "gay gene," but certain genetic patterns make one more likely to be gay than others. Then the environment has an effect, just as it has an effect on the development of personality. People with more disposition to be gay will be gay in one environment whereas people with less disposition wont be. Maybe in some other environment those people will be gay. Some people simply aren't gay and the environmental effect is not substantial (and same for people who simply are gay).

Either way, it's not a conscious choice and can't be controlled. If you're attracted to the same sex you're not evil. Hell, even if you're attracted to children you're not evil, but then you have to work hard to stop your impulses because your desires are unreciprocated. Those desires are reciprocated, however, when it comes to homosexuals dealing with other homosexuals. And so there's nothing wrong with that.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote